The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

S197 vs a bunch of Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:09 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Default S197 vs a bunch of Motorcycles

Ok, so I don't know very much about motorcycles at all... So don't ask me to identify any of them lol

I went to visit my family last weekend and I was riding around with my buddy, and I see a bike up ahead swerving back and forth in his lane... So I catch up to him and he looks back at me then faces forward and guns it... So I got on it too and I reeled him in pretty quick and had to let off the gas so I didn't hit him... I even had to tap the brakes lol We did this a few times, slowing down for traffic, and I couldn't get around him... Then finally I got an opening and passed him and put a HUGE gap between us.

Then later that day, I was headed back home and saw an other bike so I caught up to the guy to see if he wanted to play too. I got threw a rev at him and he looked over then started weaving through traffic. He got stuck behind a van but I found a way to get out in front of traffic to an open stretch. So once I got out in front of all the cars I put it in 3rd and waited for him... Apparantly he doesn't know the rules of the game cuz once he got around traffic he just floored it and kept it floored and never slowed down to get next to me lol so once I saw him going I punched it... and I see him ahead of me and he put one of his hands out and waved bye to me lmao... unfortunately for him I was quickly reeling him in and went flying by him so I stuck my hand out the window and did the same thing lol... I slowed back down and he actually got next to me and gave me a thumbs up then he exited.

THEN... shortly after that I see 2 bikes enter the highway and this guys are driving kind of crazy lol passing between car on the line and they're flying most of the time. I some how managed to make my way through traffic and catch up to them. They were sitting up on they're bike and I threw a rev at them. They both looked over then sat down like they were ready to go and I punched it... I immediately put some space between us of course since I hit it first... I held the gap for a little while(one of them was falling behind) but then all of a sudden one of the bikes started gaining REALLY fast lol. Traffic was coming up so I started braking and I made as much room for the guy as possible cuz it didn't look like he had enough room to stop... and he went flying by between me and an other car. Then the other bike finally caught up and got behind me. But I had to exit to get gas(readout said I had 5miles to empty lol)

And then FINALLY... Last night I raced an other bike. This thing was loud as hell... I didn't even see an exhaust pipe so i'm just gonna go ahead and assume he didn't have one on lol The thing was gurgling and popping like crazy. I saw this guy coming up from behind me flying through traffic. So I let him pass and then I caught back up to him and threw a rev at him and he took off... Well aparantly his bike was all bark and no bite cuz he hardly went anywhere and I pretty easily pulled him in and passed him. I slowed back down and he got behind me. He kept speeding up and slowing down like he wanted me to hit it... so I did... and I heard him do the same... we went from about 60 to about 130 or so and by the time I was bus lengths ahead of him. I missed my exit tho because of this and he followed me through the exit I took and through the turn around... seemed like he wanted to go again but I was down for the day :-P

But anyway... I didn't realize there were so many "slow" motorcycles... I thought most of them were much fast than this. I've only ran into a couple that actually blow my doors off. Most of the ones i've raced I beat pretty bad... 1 or 2 I raced were close races... and only 1 or 2 absolutely destroyed me.

CLIFF NOTES!!
I raced and beat 4 unknown motorcycles and lost to 1.

Last edited by acarzt; 04-24-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:23 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

I've been riding/racing sportbikes for 9 years now... there is no way you outran a sportbike that was actually trying to race you. :-)

Sorry man, not to call BS on your or anything... but there is no way you out ran 4 sportbikes.

If they were cruisers, maybe I could see this happening... but even then, the Yamaha Warrior, Honda VTX1800, etc are all very fast cruisers and might be able to put a whooping on nearly stock Mustang GT.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

You can call BS all you want but it happened lol It's highly possible they were all very low displacement bikes. There's a big difference between a 250cc bike and a 1000cc bike. I doubt everyone who owns a bike is immediately going for the fastest one they can get. I know I would buy a slow bike for my first bike.

When I was stock I ran next to a bike that was dead even with me until about 110 I slowly started to walk away from him.

And all of the bikes I raced were sports bikes, not cruisers. After posting this thread I went and looked up the specs to some bikes and the hp/tq ranges pretty drastically from 30-100+ When you throw in power to weight(assuming an average weight for a driver about 180) the high end bikes are like 4lbs /hp, vs the cheaper bikes are as high as 17lbs /hp. A Stock mustang should sit right around 12lb/hp. With my mods and an estimate crank hp of 330(probably about 280 to the wheels) I should be right around 10-11lb /hp. I don't know how much drag(as in drag from wind, not a drag bike lol) bikes produce at high speeds. But it seems like it's more than my car is producing cuz it's usually at high speeds when I beat them.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 AM
03svtcobra12
3rd Gear Member

sounds like fun, im not one to call bs cause theres no glory in saying things like this on the internet. its possible they were good bikes with bad riders, a bad rider on a good bike = ****
Old 04-24-2009, 10:56 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

i'm looking at this site

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/downl...ncecharts1.htm

and i see a few bikes running in the 15s and 14s with a decent amount running in the 13s but it seems like only the higher displacement bikes and hitting low 13s and better. I'm also noticing a lot of the bikes running in the 13s are tapping in the 90s or low 100s So it seems like drag is more of an issue for bikes than cars. (or maybe gearing?)
Old 04-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

My friend's bike went 10.8 in the 1/4 mile, stock bike, at this elevation (everything runs about 1 sec slower here) but he has a fast bike

I don't doubt his story.. he must have ran into a bunch of the slower types.. I also can't idenfity motorcycles.

Last edited by Mishri; 04-24-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:48 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

there are some sportbikes that are slower than some of our cars....

take this one for example
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/F...409_644720.htm
Old 04-24-2009, 11:56 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikeysGT
there are some sportbikes that are slower than some of our cars....

take this one for example
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/F...409_644720.htm
what did the bike run?
Old 04-24-2009, 12:31 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by acarzt
i'm looking at this site

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/downl...ncecharts1.htm

and i see a few bikes running in the 15s and 14s with a decent amount running in the 13s but it seems like only the higher displacement bikes and hitting low 13s and better. I'm also noticing a lot of the bikes running in the 13s are tapping in the 90s or low 100s So it seems like drag is more of an issue for bikes than cars. (or maybe gearing?)
you must have run into ALL the 250 and 500cc crotchrockets, since you say they werent cruisers. the slowest 600's are like mid-high 11's, MAYBE low-mid 12's at the WORST. in '05/'06 they took a stock GSX-R1000 to like a 9.98 or something. its ridiculous and theyre faster now. uglier, but faster. unless all these people you raced really CANNOT ride a bike....AT ALL. because even Harley's V-Rod is like a 12-sec bike at the slowest.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:51 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Well from the looks at all these trap speeds it looks like the bikes are as fast at highway speeds as they are from a dig and all of these races were at highway speeds starting at 60-70mph going to 110+

The trap speeds of some of those bikes on that list running in the 12s or low 13s have close trap speeds to mine or in some cases slower. Which tells me all these bikes come out of the hole really fast but once they start hitting higher speeds they start to slow down... I may have a lower ET but my trap speed tells me I would start reeling them in over a longer stretch(except for those crazy bikes running 11's 10's and 9's lol)

Quick Reply: S197 vs a bunch of Motorcycles