The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Could this be daily diven?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Default Could this be daily diven?

By that I mean up to and including 5 hour road trips in summer weather without encountering problems such as overheating etc.? BTW, it kind of reminds me of an F-body version of 2000A5.0GT's ride. Same colour combo, nice rims, vert, and big power. I would consider getting into something like that if it was reliable. Here it is http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1113582019.html And yes I'm anti-automatic but would make the sacrifice with this car. Also I wouldn't daily it but would like to use it for long highway trips in the summer and on weekends on fairweather days. Just wondering how reliable the thing would be in everyday traffic. My knowledge of big HP turbo settups is minimal...

Last edited by Baddog; 05-15-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:17 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Thread was moved to this thread although it wasn't a pseudo racing question?
Old 05-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

i have to say that i would never, ever, ever pay that kind of money for a used car...especially one that has been heavily modded. you have to take someones word for whether or not things are done right and if seeing things behind the scenes here has taught me, people sell heavily modded cars for a variety of reasons, but often the reason is that they want to get rid of it...

also, a 10 second convertible with no cage? he ran 11s in a vert with no cage...then went back and ran mid 10s with no cage?

i wouldnt consider it unless they can provide positive video of it happening.

oh, and i didnt move it here, but technically this is an off topic thread...so be happy its here and not in that mess.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Originally Posted by Baddog
Thread was moved to this thread although it wasn't a pseudo racing question?
As ROTM stated, your lucky its not in OT, it is no where near a S/S thread, I realize why you posted it here, so feel lucky that its close.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

What's a wideband boost guage? Or a 9 PSI blow off valve? I'd want way more information on the car before I'd even consider buying it. Yes, it could be daily driven. I don't know why it couldn't be? You only really get the power when you go wide open.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:31 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the opinions and input boys...
Old 05-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Demon 340
Administrator

if i were you..id build the fox more, rather than buy someone elses project.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

I agree. That thing is flawless though and run of the mill LS1 F-bodies of that year go for close to 20K around here anyway. With the amount of dough the guy has into it you'd kind of be buying his "loss" as well as his project. I wouldn't want to know how much is in that thing above and beyond the 17-20K initial worth of the car itself. The asking price may seem like too much for a used car but when you consider what it comes with, provided a performance mechanic gave it the green light, you're getting quite a lot of car per dollar in the grand scheme of things...
Old 05-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Stay far away from it Baddog. He wants wayyy too much and from what I read, its just a T/A with a rear mount STS. No mention of a moser or strange rear, no built trans, stock internals, etc. I had a procharged LS1 Z28. It was a fukn nightmare man. I went thru 3 transmissions and two rears. It hauled *** with 500+ rwhp, but it was about as reliable as Pontiac Fiero. After sinking over 16 grand worth of mods into that car, I got a whopping 9k for it. If you want a project car that needs lots of attention and you only plan on cruising around in it on the weekends taking it somewhat easy, then get it. If you plan on racing a lot, or DDing it, then I would steer clear. This is just my opinion and personal experience of course. As stated by ROTM, I sold it to get rid of it.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:48 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Wait, do F-bodies come with a fortified shortblock factory? It doesn't say anything about an engine build with forged rotating assembly, which at 600+rwhp is a necessity.

if they do come with a forged shortblock, I'd say talk him down a ton. He's got about as much as the Original owner of my car did, and I got mine for 13.5k two years ago, and mine had a built engine

Too much money for it IMHO. Plus IDK that it would last very long at that kind of power, but then again Idk what the specs were for those cars, or whether he built the engine

Quick Reply: Could this be daily diven?