The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Challenger SRT8 not as fast as you would think

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 PM
procs2v
3rd Gear Member

When I was 16 I had a 69Camaro and a ZX11, those was the days. I can't imagine what you are doing in high school with your car, everyone must hate on you. I know I would.lol
Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

i dont know that he PMS's, as much as he reminds us that hes 17. i coach high school varsity level hockey and some days the guys do and say things that are out of the ordinary because theyre kids.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:19 PM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Originally Posted by SubTexel
Dude, I paid 40 for my "loaded" 07 SRT8 (MSRP was 43, every option but rear DVD), didn't know the R/Ts went that high up in price... Wowza, better freaking appreciate the **** outta it for your Dad after he dumped that much coin on it.

You're usually pretty level headed but a lot of the stuff you said in this particular thread came off as childish. Never pegged you as a spoiled kid, and don't think you are. Though, I do think you PMS'd for no reason on this thread. Just enjoy your ride, and respect theirs.
Man. they disrespected mine first. "You wish you had a Mustang" Don't get me wrong, I like them, but it's not like I pray at night for god to drop me off a Mustang. Yeah, mine was fully loaded. HID headlights, Mygig 20GB HD Nav, Sunroof, AWD, A/C for the back seats, etc.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:22 PM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Originally Posted by procs2v
When I was 16 I had a 69Camaro and a ZX11, those was the days. I can't imagine what you are doing in high school with your car, everyone must hate on you. I know I would.lol
A little bit, mostly praise to my face, talk **** behind my back. I beat a 05 GT 5spd at the high school that had a intake and exhaust, after that everybody thought the HEMI was so fast lol. He would talk so much **** and I took him by half a car length, he was pissed and is now cammed and has headers and ****.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Do you know if that 05 GT was tuned for the intake? They go into limp mode pretty easily from slapping an intake on them without tuning it for it. I think it only takes like a 2% change in air flow to throw the car off. I'm sure you beat him fair and square, just wondering how many people install them without tuning for it.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:29 PM
SubTexel
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SkillzDatKillz
Man. they disrespected mine first. "You wish you had a Mustang" Don't get me wrong, I like them, but it's not like I pray at night for god to drop me off a Mustang. Yeah, mine was fully loaded. HID headlights, Mygig 20GB HD Nav, Sunroof, AWD, A/C for the back seats, etc.
Hrmm, that's all basic in the SRT8 (A/C in the rear) though the 07s didn't get mygig (my NAV is useless anywho, **** is coming out) and HIDs were only on the 300s in 07. Kind of wish I didn't get the sunroof, or the side impact airbags and all that extra crap (weight is a bitch).

Never even looked at getting a fully optioned R/T (or even an R/T in general) had no clue they got that expensive. Crazyness, why didn't you guys look @ the SRT8s?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:37 PM
1.5LofFury
4th Gear Member

some people have too much money -_-
Old 05-28-2009, 09:43 PM
SubTexel
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1.5LofFury
some people have too much money -_-
Haha you changed your SN and I just noticed, are you still going to build that Honda up?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:49 PM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Originally Posted by Stone629
Do you know if that 05 GT was tuned for the intake? They go into limp mode pretty easily from slapping an intake on them without tuning it for it. I think it only takes like a 2% change in air flow to throw the car off. I'm sure you beat him fair and square, just wondering how many people install them without tuning for it.
He didn't have a tune on it I don't think, but it ran fine. I rode in it / drove it. It felt MUCH faster than my car. I think alot of that is due to the standard and the exhaust noise, and the RWD.

Originally Posted by SubTexel
Hrmm, that's all basic in the SRT8 (A/C in the rear) though the 07s didn't get mygig (my NAV is useless anywho, **** is coming out) and HIDs were only on the 300s in 07. Kind of wish I didn't get the sunroof, or the side impact airbags and all that extra crap (weight is a bitch).

Never even looked at getting a fully optioned R/T (or even an R/T in general) had no clue they got that expensive. Crazyness, why didn't you guys look @ the SRT8s?
The HID's came out in 08 for the Chargers I think. Mygig was 1600, HIDS were 600-800, I got a protection package dont remember the price, sunroof and i dont remember the price, AWD was 2k or so, a special interior package that gave me little LED lights everywhere. I'm probably forgetting some stuff though.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Was it a drop in filter or an actual CAI? Any word on the brand?

Quick Reply: Challenger SRT8 not as fast as you would think