The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

5.0 = wanta race?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Recon111
2nd Gear Member

Default 5.0 = wanta race?

I had a 06, 08, and a 09 GT and never did I have so many people want to race me as they do when they see the 5.0 on the side of my car.
I even had a old lady in a Escalade grit her teeth and frown at a stop light, when the light turned green, I just took off like I normally do and was right next to her, I looked over and she was up on the wheel looking at me and back to the front and then to me. I had the gas down about 1/3 the way. I just turned. Everything from VW jeta to Harleys. I have to admit, it is kind of nice to just push the pedal down and walk right away from most all that pull up.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:13 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Recon111
I had a 06, 08, and a 09 GT and never did I have so many people want to race me as they do when they see the 5.0 on the side of my car.
I even had a old lady in a Escalade grit her teeth and frown at a stop light, when the light turned green, I just took off like I normally do and was right next to her, I looked over and she was up on the wheel looking at me and back to the front and then to me. I had the gas down about 1/3 the way. I just turned. Everything from VW jeta to Harleys. I have to admit, it is kind of nice to just push the pedal down and walk right away from most all that pull up.
lol yeah all the rednecks around here with their turbo diesle trucks and bullydog stickers like to get about an inch from your bumper, that's their idea of a race. diesels can be really damn fast, but drop a gear and put the foot in it and they give up.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Recon111
2nd Gear Member

Shane
Does your Roush blower get air from the right and to the air box or the left and cross over next to the radiator.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:26 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

it uses factory air box, roush says it flows well enough no CAI is needed on 10 cars:

Old 01-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Recon111
2nd Gear Member

That looks real good, Does it run as good as it looks? 1/4 mile?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:36 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

That looks real good, Does it run as good as it looks? 1/4 mile?
i never got to the track while they were open in the summer. I'm not sure, plan to this spring though.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:41 AM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

I even had a old lady in a Escalade grit her teeth and frown at a stop light, when the light turned green, I just took off like I normally do and was right next to her, I looked over and she was up on the wheel looking at me and back to the front and then to me.
You didn't have to ask her, but you knew what she was thinking....."I shudda bought a sportscar instead of this tank."
Old 01-01-2011, 09:24 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

What we drive can change the behavior of others. I drive the speed limit in my daily (maybe 5 over or under) and not interested in street racing. With no traction control option, it's not a car to play with. The runflats also take a good while to heat up, and are traction challenged.

Noticed that others, drive really close behind me and get frustrated when I don't go faster. I can read lips and hand gestures...lol. Others fly passed me for no reason, just to turn into a gas station at the next block. Stopped in traffic, some rev engines. Would prefer just to be left alone. Suppose there's a bit of Jekyll and Hyde in all of us.

Last edited by forensicsteve; 01-01-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:27 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by forensicsteve
What we drive can change the behavior of others. I drive the speed limit in my daily (maybe 5 over or under) and not interested in street racing. Without traction control, it's not a car to play with. The runflats also take a good while to heat up, and are traction challenged.

Noticed that others, drive really close behind me and get frustrated when I don't go faster. I can read lips and hand gestures...lol. Others fly passed me for no reason, just to turn into a gas station at the next block. Stopped in traffic, some rev engines. Would prefer just to be left alone. Suppose there's a bit of Jekyll and Hyde in all of us.
You mean you have a viper as a DD, you drag race a 10 second mustang, and you DON'T have any fun on the street?!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Recon111
2nd Gear Member

Why do old people buy and drive cars like a viper, corvett, GTO etc.
I seen a GTO this morning so I pulled up next to it and there was this old guy (70 ish) driving in the left lane under the speed limit, what a waste.
So I did a burn out and waved.

Quick Reply: 5.0 = wanta race?