The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Why street racing is so dangerous, killed my stang

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Bagged&Blown&Juiced

Default Why street racing is so dangerous, killed my stang

Late last night I was headed home from hanging out with some friends. I was making a left hand protected turn at an overpass when I herd two cars wide open, my light turned yellow and I was all ready in the intersection. I slammed on my brakes and an old z28 camaro took my front end off. Then a second latter a dodge durango finished me off. They where racing from the light at the other side of the bridge. My light is supposed to time to theirs but then you haul butt you get to mine way to early. This is what happens. I am in a lot of pain but I will be OK, passenger of the durango broke her arm badly, camaro was not hurt. The durango left a 32 foot set of skid marks before hitting me this hard, May i remind you this is only about 6 or seven car lengths after there light. After hitting me the camaro did a few donuts and ended up on the opposite side of the road facing the opposite direction he was headed about 160ft away, cops issued no tickets, they are turning it over to investigation because the two cars said I ran the light. Nice hey? If your going to race do it safe and out of the area of heavy traffic, this was at a highway intersection off the main road of my town. I have no idea the future of my car now, I have over $60 invested in it and the last three years of my life. All gone cause a camaro had to prove to a DURANGO it was faster.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:18 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Damn, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, from the look of your sig, your car was beautiful. I hope things work out in your favor! Good luck!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Codycsg
1st Gear Member

Well, seeing as nobody got issued a ticket, you should of just beat the **** out of the driver of the camaro and durango (if you hit women) and got one just for good measure. I'm sorry about your loss, you had an absolutely beautiful stang and I hope to see it running again, hopefully for free with a nice big settlement check from the dumb a$$ drivers
Old 10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

jezz, there's a lot of dumb and unresponsive people out there, sorry for your loss, glad everyone is ok though
Old 10-25-2009, 09:25 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

wow that sucks.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
REDFIRE_GT_BEAST
2nd Gear Member

Damn bro your car was dead to right sexy and all because a z28 wanted to race a durango i would sue the **** out of those drivers for everything i could and possibly take it up in criminal court to and while your there get money as well for damage and loss. I got ran off road 1 year ago and i got a settlement check for just over $50,000 so good luck and my car just messed up front suspension and bumper.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:50 PM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Is there any possible way they could win? If ur telling the truth, and you lose on this....then something is seriously wrong with our judicial system
Old 10-25-2009, 09:50 PM
01redstang
3rd Gear Member

wow I'm glad you're fine man... that was one sexy a$$ stang of yours. I still don't get why dumb asses like them are still out there. sorry for the loss.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Bagged&Blown&Juiced

thanks, I hope it can be fixed but it was hit hard, still runs good, no loss of fluids or under subframe damage i don't think, The bad thing about this is the guy in the camaro one of his friends showed up who saw nothing and made a statement that i ran the light. I went to take pictures of the area and there are two sets of burn out marks that match the black marks before impact, "RACING" I took pictures and have alot of things they will both be hard up to explain to the police. I hope this don't get blamed on me.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:26 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

wow sorry to hear man, glad your ok. Keep us posted on what happens.

Quick Reply: Why street racing is so dangerous, killed my stang