The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

At what RPM do I launch my car street racing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 01:07 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
they must race on this street
They call me the Pillsbury Doughboy cuz I always go from a roll. wrd.
Originally Posted by Stone629
Mmmm, rollsss! NOM, NOM, NOM, NOM!

Dennis, not sure where you get off calling other people hicks for not roll racing. I live in a fairly decent size town (Raleigh, NC) and although you can't always go from a dig due to traffic, road conditions, etc... trust me, there are PLENTY of opportunities to go from a dig. You're a little out of line telling the rest of the nation how its done. I will run from a roll, do it all the time as a matter of fact. But damn, if you boys are organized enough to trailer in Non-DOT legal vehicles, it seems like you could at least organize a time and place to do it right and go from a dig. To each their own, I guess.
In Houston I can get both rolls or digs. I don't really care too much. When I had a Honda I always did rolls because, well, it's a Honda.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by Stone629
But damn, if you boys are organized enough to trailer in Non-DOT legal vehicles, it seems like you could at least organize a time and place to do it right and go from a dig. To each their own, I guess.
not to mention up here in MI/OH the only thing that makes a car not street legal is it's tires.... and even that is very lenient, I see front runners and steam rollers being ran all the time on woodward during the summer
Old 12-31-2009, 01:23 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
not to mention up here in MI/OH the only thing that makes a car not street legal is it's tires.... and even that is very lenient, I see front runners and steam rollers being ran all the time on woodward during the summer
I gotta a backhoe I can trailer up there for some roll runs! I'd hate to look stupid and race my backhoe from a dig on a major hwy though.

Lmao, I just wish we had some big time parts distributers down here in hickville so that people would take street racing more seriously!
Old 12-31-2009, 02:41 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dennis_112
I street race and have for a long time. Its done from a roll or not done at all around here. I dont live in the middle of no where like some of you hicks. Around here people actually drive on the highways so trust me you would look retarded stopping on the damn road to race. We arent your usual bunch of dumb high school kids. I am talking people bringing in cars on trailers that arent street legal. This is highly organized. I dont need or want anyone here's respect, but IMO, and I entitled to one. Drag racing is from a dig, Street Racing is from a roll end of story. Look into Ohio street racing and you would understand. Jegs HQ in Ohio, Summit HQ in Ohio, Fox Lake in Ohio, MPH in Ohio, Modular Depot 10 mins outside of Ohio, Cincy Speed in Ohio, Numerous NHRA, IHRA tracks, racing isnt a joke here. It has nothing to do with driver skill its how its done here if you dont like it you dont race.
Wonder how many roll race are done at the tracks highlighted above?
Old 12-31-2009, 03:01 PM
neo8222
4th Gear Member

I'm in Pensacola and the people around here race both ways to find out different things. When they want to know who has the faster car they roll race on the interstate about 30,40 - 150,160. When they want to know who's the better driver they race from a dig
Old 12-31-2009, 03:32 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by neo8222
I'm in Pensacola and the people around here race both ways to find out different things. When they want to know who has the faster car they roll race on the interstate about 30,40 - 150,160. When they want to know who's the better driver they race from a dig
Thats a good point. We do it both ways in MO...we stop on highways (no traffic of course), but there are plenty of places to roll and go from a dig.

I used to like Dennis until i read this post lol. Saying roll racing is the only way to go was a bad move on his part...and sayin we all don't know how to race because there are drag strips and motorsport companies in our states??? Thats kinda lame...i don't think he thought about it.

But i like bluebeast's point...how much roll racing is done at a DRAG STRIP!?!?!

Oh well...OP...don't heat street tires, it has a negative affect more then beneficial. Just like everyone said, start out around 2K and move up from there if you can. And PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE...thats all it is.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
Oh well...OP...don't heat street tires, it has a negative affect more then beneficial. Just like everyone said, start out around 2K and move up from there if you can. And PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE...thats all it is.
this all depends too, you kind of have to think when it comes to this

as in... if it's 40 degrees out and there is front on the grass.... I'm thinking you should spin them just a tad... not enough heat to start warming up a DR... but just enough to get the stiffness out of the rubber... at least IMO

also, I agree with not doing an 100% full fledged DR burnout but no matter what tire you are running I think you should spin your tires before the race just to dust off any debris dirt/mud/snow/slush/rocks that would otherwise rob you of contact surface... every little bit helps
Old 12-31-2009, 09:23 PM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

[QUOTE=Morbid Intentions;6722109]you HAVE GOT to be kidding me right now...

[B]you might as well say "I hang out with a bunch of guys that can't setu

Last edited by nascrchi; 12-31-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:46 AM
dennis_112
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
I used to like Dennis until i read this post lol. Saying roll racing is the only way to go was a bad move on his part...and sayin we all don't know how to race because there are drag strips and motorsport companies in our states??? Thats kinda lame...i don't think he thought about it.
To clarify: Roll racing isnt the only way to race, around here this is how "we" race. Personally I prefer this, maybe its because its what I know. I race at the track too though. I could honestly careless how its done, I just love racing my car. I never meant to step on anyones toes, and I apologize if I did. I never meant by anything I said that certain people dont know how to race because they race a different way. I just wanted to state my opinion. I was tired as **** yesterday and guess I came off the wrong way. Forgive me.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

30 lashes for you Dennis..............

Quick Reply: At what RPM do I launch my car street racing?