The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

NE GT VS SS/SC

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Gotcha, what do you expect to run this spring?

From a 40 roll, I wouldn't think he'd stand a chance, lol. Should be pretty ugly, imo. Does he want to run, or just talking?
There has been a guy run 12.75's with suspension and DR's, good driving with the same power range. On streets I'll be happy with 13.5 or below. Not expecting that low of times it's just my weekend cruiser. It's more of a "topend" highway car.

I don't even know the guy or his car just heard that he said his is faster.

Now I'm considering throwing a 50 shot on it or going to this semi local tuner and get a 2.7 and meth. He said he would give me his personal tune that pulled 289whp with the same mods.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:23 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

How about mildly modded:
03-04 Mach 1's
Sn95 Cobra's
99/01 Cobra
S197

Meh, snowed in.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
How about mildly modded:
03-04 Mach 1's
Sn95 Cobra's
99/01 Cobra
S197

Meh, snowed in.
How much snow have you gotten?

A mildly modded Mach, "thinking 4.10s, cat-back, and ORX" should pull you pretty good from a dig if it hooks (which it most likely won't do on street tires), and be a tight damn race from a roll. I want to say he would inch away from you either way, mainly because I own one hehe, but not by much or anything. Mine trapped 109.9 mph at 13.0 with 4.10s, STS, ORX, KN Filter, and a cat-back. What do you think?

SN95 4V Cobras and 99/01 Cobras would need 4.10s, intake, and off road exhaust to do work. I think they could stay with you from a roll, maybe. From a dig, they should jump out at first. You may completely rape all three cars, I'm just guessing really.

S197 modded like mine can do about what the Mach does through the 1/4 with a bit lower trap speed. I think the Mach is a better roll racer though. S197s transfer weight really well from a dig. Its a tough call without knowing your traps. If you trap over 110, then disregard everything I just said about the roll races, lol. None of those 4Vs or the S197 is going to trap over 110 mph without cams.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

About a foot or so, a lot of it is melted now. I still feel like ~290whp will still be slow after another pulley swap and meth.

Looking at buying a house. Actually looking at 2, one is a nice house the in-laws own (buying from family doesn't qualify for the 8K FTB plan) and another one that does. So if I end up getting the house that qualifys for the 8K with the addition of 2 kids, etc I might go aftermarket F/I. So it's between turbo, twincharged, or a blower swap..just has to see how things play out.
Hah, what would you go with?
Old 02-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
About a foot or so, a lot of it is melted now. I still feel like ~290whp will still be slow after another pulley swap and meth.

Looking at buying a house. Actually looking at 2, one is a nice house the in-laws own (buying from family doesn't qualify for the 8K FTB plan) and another one that does. So if I end up getting the house that qualifys for the 8K with the addition of 2 kids, etc I might go aftermarket F/I. So it's between turbo, twincharged, or a blower swap..just has to see how things play out.
Hah, what would you go with?
Snow sucks.

About the house, go with the one you want. The 8k FTB credit is nice, but expect to wait a LONG time to get it. There's been a ton of fraud going on (people claiming dog houses, sheds, non-existent homes, etc), and the IRS is investigating every single case. I've been waiting since last July to get mine. Its supposed to get here in about 4-5 weeks.

As far as which FI, I'd be tempted to try the twin charging. Although that route could get complicated, it's about the sickest set-up so far, imo. The easiest thing for you to do would be an aftermarket charger. The most practical thing to do would be a turbo.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:53 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Twincharged is actually a pretty complicated set-up though ZZP has it down.

300whp@16psi 440whp@25psi 465WHP on race gas.

That's in the "kit". On their personal SS they have hit 510whp and ran 11.091@ 132.3 mph.
Hah, pretty strong trap..

http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_...ts1.php?id=871
Old 02-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I just don't see how you can go wrong with the twin charging, as long as you do it right, build accordingly, etc. Its gotta make for one hell of a power band.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 AM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Is this someone local to us PD thats giving the 'callout' ? I know a couple boys 'round here that I would LOVE to see you put a stomping on
Old 02-09-2010, 04:29 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

I've gone against a ss/sc and those lil bitches are quick. It was basically a tie after 2 roll races...We were on the freeway so we really couldn't go from a dig . Anyways, those things are no slouches.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
Is this someone local to us PD thats giving the 'callout' ? I know a couple boys 'round here that I would LOVE to see you put a stomping on
Some younger guy in Altavista. Guess he was just drinking and mentioned it to my cousin. Hah, still don't know who he is not that I want to race him or anything.

Quick Reply: NE GT VS SS/SC