Go Back   MustangForums.com > Speed Zone > Street/Strip > The Racers Bench
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


The Official DA Thread

Closed Thread
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #21
Stone629
6th Gear Member
 
Stone629's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 2006 GTO
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,008
Default

What was your 60' on that 13.5 pass, Mishri?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________
2006 GTO, 6-speed
373 RWHP/373 RWTQ
12.91@111 MPH 2.1 60'

2014 F-150, 5.0
Tuned.
Stone629 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #22
Mishri
Mish-ogynist
 
Mishri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 3,703
Default

2.0
__________________

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #23
Stone629
6th Gear Member
 
Stone629's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 2006 GTO
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
2.0
You need to stall that beyotch and launch it like it deserves. Drop it down to a 1.79, man. Last question.... Is there a big gap between 2nd and 3rd gear in that auto trans?
__________________
2006 GTO, 6-speed
373 RWHP/373 RWTQ
12.91@111 MPH 2.1 60'

2014 F-150, 5.0
Tuned.
Stone629 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 11:02 PM   #24
crash
BrandofPoop
 
crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2001 Mustang Bullitt 04557
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 3,831
Michael D Farrington Flightboy101
Default

Wow, I certainly missed a lot lol....or just a lot of nothing. That's all I'll say. Crash out
crash is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #25
Stone629
6th Gear Member
 
Stone629's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 2006 GTO
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,008
Default

Its just part II of the last several pages of Bolton's original thread, if that makes sense.... if you like DA discussions, then you'll love it, lol.
__________________
2006 GTO, 6-speed
373 RWHP/373 RWTQ
12.91@111 MPH 2.1 60'

2014 F-150, 5.0
Tuned.
Stone629 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #26
acarzt
4th Gear Member
 
acarzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions View Post
keep it up tough guy

I'd be willing to bet if Mishri, bolton and asstarts all had a month away from this section that retarded threads such as this and completely useless debates such as DA won't get made and this section would once again have some substance

would you gents like to test this theory? then I suggest you follow the initial instructions of this post

also...

STOP WITH ALL THIS DA HANDICAP BULLF*CKING SH*T! YOU GUYS ARE F*CKING IDIOTS!! RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG AND STOP PUSSYFOOTING AROUND WITH ALL THESE EXCUSES, EVERYONE FEELS THE SAME WAY ABOUT IT AND IT'S TIME YOU STOPPED CLUSTERF*CKING THIS SECTION WITH YOUR NONSENSE
Dude, I told you in the other thread I didn't want to discuss this topic anymore. YOU are the one who said you wanted to continue this conversation. And now you're gonna threaten to ban me because I followed through on what you said? Come on now, grow up.

And if you REALLY want go with the whole "run what you brung" thing... then SAE corrections should be thrown out the windows entirely too. Mishri probably actually dyno'd at like 235 uncorrected. So we should just say those are his REAL numbers.

You're the only one getting all riled up about this dude. You resort to anger and name calling instead of intellectual debate. We're all grown ups here, so let's act like it and not throw around threats and name calling.

On top of that STK even told us if we wanted to continue talking about DA to take it to the Racer's bench... so here we are. :-|
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/Brembo Brake Package
Performance:
Bama tune
GT500 Axle backs
Track:
12.49@114.18 w/2.09 60'
acarzt is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #27
Riptide
6th Gear Member
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2014 GT
Location: Montaner
Posts: 6,194
Default

Click the image to open in full size.

PS: For reference jackass intentions is the critter on the right.
__________________
WILL WORK FOR MUSTAKE
Riptide is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 11:56 PM   #28
Grabber
5th Gear Member
 
Grabber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 2005 GT
Location: Wheeling, IL
Posts: 3,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarzt View Post
Dude, I told you in the other thread I didn't want to discuss this topic anymore. YOU are the one who said you wanted to continue this conversation. And now you're gonna threaten to ban me because I followed through on what you said? Come on now, grow up.

And if you REALLY want go with the whole "run what you brung" thing... then SAE corrections should be thrown out the windows entirely too. Mishri probably actually dyno'd at like 235 uncorrected. So we should just say those are his REAL numbers.

You're the only one getting all riled up about this dude. You resort to anger and name calling instead of intellectual debate. We're all grown ups here, so let's act like it and not throw around threats and name calling.

On top of that STK even told us if we wanted to continue talking about DA to take it to the Racer's bench... so here we are. :-|

Well, there is a reason for STD and SAE. My STD uncorrected dyno was 470 and 495, and my Corrected, SAE is 462 and 486. So, you in fact dyno more uncorrected. The correction accounts for temps, DA, elevation, etc

Personally, I think 7% is a bit high when using that to correct dyno numbers. If I did that, and subtracted that from my uncorrected STD numbers, I'd be around 440 RWHP, and 460 RWTQ. So, it's not 100% accurate, and if you have been to a dyno shop, they have readings out the *** that correct for those things you mentioned. 9/10 a dyno shop will give you the SAE numbers only, and someone will give you both the uncorrected (which doesn't account for DA, Elevation, temps. etc) and the corrected ( which accounts for things like DA, elevation, temps. etc)

Anyhow, let's try and keep it civil, no more name calling, etc.

Riptide- is your sister hot?
__________________
2005 GT Vortech Blown (5spd)
2004 Comp. Orange Mach 1 (Sold)
2001 Lincoln LS (Thankfully Gone)
2003 Cobra (Gone, but not forgotten)
2007 GT Vortech Blown (Gone)
2006 Eclipse GT (Sold)
2004 Mazda 3 (Sold)
2002 M3 CSL Replica (Gone)
Grabber is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #29
Riptide
6th Gear Member
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2014 GT
Location: Montaner
Posts: 6,194
Default

haha I don't look at my sister like that mayng.

Mishri thought she was pretty hot. But then he gets pretty hot and bothered when they show chimps on animal planet.

__________________
WILL WORK FOR MUSTAKE
Riptide is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #30
acarzt
4th Gear Member
 
acarzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Well, there is a reason for STD and SAE. My STD uncorrected dyno was 470 and 495, and my Corrected, SAE is 462 and 486. So, you in fact dyno more uncorrected. The correction accounts for temps, DA, elevation, etc

Personally, I think 7% is a bit high when using that to correct dyno numbers. If I did that, and subtracted that from my uncorrected STD numbers, I'd be around 440 RWHP, and 460 RWTQ. So, it's not 100% accurate, and if you have been to a dyno shop, they have readings out the *** that correct for those things you mentioned. 9/10 a dyno shop will give you the SAE numbers only, and someone will give you both the uncorrected (which doesn't account for DA, Elevation, temps. etc) and the corrected ( which accounts for things like DA, elevation, temps. etc)

Anyhow, let's try and keep it civil, no more name calling, etc.

Riptide- is your sister hot?
I agree with everything you've just said. And it's the point i've been trying to make this whole time. Some corrected numbers will be lower than uncorrected, some will be higher. Depends on the conditions and none of them are ever 100% accurate.

Your uncorrected times are what you actually made in those conditions. And I think that should also be considered(if available) when comparing 2 cars 1/4 mile times. Yea they might have the same SAE corrected HP. But uncorrected one might have a distinct advantage. In a way, SAE correction is just like DA correction for 1/4 mile times. In your example grabber... You made 470whp... that's what you "brung" SAE corrects it back to DA of 0 and says you would be less. If you dyno at a HIGH da, you might see 440 but still be SAE corrected back to 462 (assuming the dyno's were 100% accurate and the corrections were 100% accurate) but the 440 is your "real" number. And that 30hp is a pretty big difference.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/Brembo Brake Package
Performance:
Bama tune
GT500 Axle backs
Track:
12.49@114.18 w/2.09 60'
acarzt is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #31
Mishri
Mish-ogynist
 
Mishri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 3,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone629 View Post
You need to stall that beyotch and launch it like it deserves. Drop it down to a 1.79, man. Last question.... Is there a big gap between 2nd and 3rd gear in that auto trans?
i'm gonna throw a whipple on it once i pay it off.. with a twinscrew building peak boost at 2k rpm you don't need a stall.. wont help you, i can launch it at 2500rpm.. the funny thing is i got my best 60fts/ETs leaving off idle and just stabbing the throttle..


there is a tiny gap.. 1-40mph in 1st takes a bit, then 40-60 in 2nd is a blink, 60-100 in 3rd.. i believe... it is on the verge of shifting to 4th when i cross now.

I agree with what you just said about the SAE correcting.. it takes the conditions and figures out what the power should be to try to give you a baseline to compare vehicles in all conditions to... just like da correcting your track #s.. your bad track prep/driving will still be in your et either way. It's quite likely that the SAE #s on the dyno I was on are incorrect.. there is a discussion on that on some local forums.. but i like to leave them in my sig.. if i can get down to a sea level track it will be good to show low hp #s making a faster than expected pass.. proving that dyno #s are unreliable.. (incase anyone doesn't already know that) and It might not be that the SAE is wrong, its the dynos aren't calibrated properly, some tuners skew the results to make it look like you got more from their tunes.. etc.
__________________

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe

Last edited by Mishri; 03-07-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Mishri is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 12:11 AM   #32
crash
BrandofPoop
 
crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2001 Mustang Bullitt 04557
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 3,831
Michael D Farrington Flightboy101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone629 View Post
Its just part II of the last several pages of Bolton's original thread, if that makes sense.... if you like DA discussions, then you'll love it, lol.
DA is definitely not my thing right now haha. I'll stay out
of it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
haha I don't look at my sister like that mayng.

Mishri thought she was pretty hot. But then he gets pretty hot and bothered when they show chimps on animal planet.

Whoa?!?! Pics or gtfo!
crash is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:40 AM   #33
Stkjock
Retired Mod
 
Stkjock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2008 Shelby GT500
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,573
Default

GUYS LET'S ALL TAKE A DEEP BREADTH AND CHILL PLEASE

Keep it civil on all accounts and the discussion will continue otherwise I have to end it.
__________________
2008 Shelby GT500 - L&M Engines - Lund Racing Tuned - 20psi

2006 Mustang GT SOLD - Gone and not forgotten 11.49 @121.45 DA Corrected 11.54 @ 120.92
Stkjock is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 06:12 AM   #34
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member
 
bluebeastsrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Vehicle: 1995 mustang GT
Location: Jersey
Posts: 10,734
ItsUrFuneral
Default

Boy that would be tragic if you had to end this highly enlightening discussion.
__________________
ENGINE363 forged dart engine. 300 shot!TRANNY C4 with trans brake, 3800 stall, 9in. raceconverter, hurst shifter REAR Moser 35 spline kit with spool, FRPP 3.73 gearsSUSPENION UPR Upper & lower control arms, Strange 10 way dampers, coilovers up front, BBK sub frame connectors, UPR Tube K-member & A-arms NEW Mustang TIMES COMING.
2011 Camaro SS 12.34@110.92
bluebeastsrt is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #35
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member
 
S8ER01Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2001 Camaro Z28
Location: IL
Posts: 5,548
Default

__________________
2001 Z28 M6 (LS6 Cam, BBK LTs, FRA/MTI Lid)
S8ER01Z is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #36
Grabber
5th Gear Member
 
Grabber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Vehicle: 2005 GT
Location: Wheeling, IL
Posts: 3,747
Default

I honestly think we are beating a dead horse. The people that still "suffer" from hot temps, and maybe not as much DA don't use calculators, and don't care for this. We run what we brung, and that's that.

Let's let this topic die. At least for now.
__________________
2005 GT Vortech Blown (5spd)
2004 Comp. Orange Mach 1 (Sold)
2001 Lincoln LS (Thankfully Gone)
2003 Cobra (Gone, but not forgotten)
2007 GT Vortech Blown (Gone)
2006 Eclipse GT (Sold)
2004 Mazda 3 (Sold)
2002 M3 CSL Replica (Gone)
Grabber is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #37
Stone629
6th Gear Member
 
Stone629's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 2006 GTO
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,008
Default

+1 about the temp thing. 90-105 degree temps and 85-100% humidity hurts.
__________________
2006 GTO, 6-speed
373 RWHP/373 RWTQ
12.91@111 MPH 2.1 60'

2014 F-150, 5.0
Tuned.
Stone629 is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #38
Stkjock
Retired Mod
 
Stkjock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2008 Shelby GT500
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
I honestly think we are beating a dead horse. The people that still "suffer" from hot temps, and maybe not as much DA don't use calculators, and don't care for this. We run what we brung, and that's that.

Let's let this topic die. At least for now.

dead horse? LOL how about a dismembered one!
__________________
2008 Shelby GT500 - L&M Engines - Lund Racing Tuned - 20psi

2006 Mustang GT SOLD - Gone and not forgotten 11.49 @121.45 DA Corrected 11.54 @ 120.92
Stkjock is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #39
drhoward
Dr. Integrity
 
drhoward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 1994 Mustang Super Special Hooker Edition GT
Location: Calgary Eh?
Posts: 3,640
Default

temp has nothing to do with it, its all elevation, that's why all my times suck so bad (nothing to do with my horrible driving)



That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


And I am going to drive down and kick mishris *** this summer (I need to bring that up in every thread he posts in)
__________________
1994 Mustang GT
My Porsche used to make me better than you
www.cardomain.com/id/bigshirtlesspete

Quote:
Originally Posted by redass02gt View Post
even if I had *****, I wouldn't know what to do with them.
Pictures of my Deck!
drhoward is online now  
Old 03-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #40
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member
 
S8ER01Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2001 Camaro Z28
Location: IL
Posts: 5,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoward View Post
temp has nothing to do with it, its all elevation, that's why all my times suck so bad (nothing to do with my horrible driving)

Um wut? this is a joke right?
__________________
2001 Z28 M6 (LS6 Cam, BBK LTs, FRA/MTI Lid)
S8ER01Z is offline  
Old 03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Closed Thread

Tags
14, 80, charts, cmdpda, correction, da, dathread, drag, dyno, mile, official, pypes, racing, thread, threads

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup