Go Back   MustangForums.com > Speed Zone > Street/Strip > The Racers Bench
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


The Official DA Thread

Closed Thread
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
acarzt
4th Gear Member
 
acarzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,258
Default The Official DA Thread

I'd like to dedicate this thread to Morbid :-)

Apparantly the discussion of DA did not end in the last epic thread sooooo here is a new thread to continue on....

Discuss....
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/Brembo Brake Package
Performance:
Bama tune
GT500 Axle backs
Track:
12.49@114.18 w/2.09 60'
acarzt is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat
 
Morbid Intentions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,310
Default

now that the thread is made you have no right to be here because you have shown your absolute idiocy with the subject and would just clutter up the discussion with crap that doesn't makes sense

unless of course you want to answer my question like a big boy...

as quoted from you...
Quote:
Why not? He has all the same mods as Stone plus CMDPs and DRs. Stone is running bottom 13s, so why can't mishri at least match that or cut a high 12 with some extra traction?

And don't try to say it's cuz stone makes more power. With better air mishri's motor will make more power too. And you can't tell me it's all in the tune either.
Quote:
If he dyno'd the same day Stone did and on the same dyno he would dyno higher. Because the corrections don't properly account for everything.


and this was my answer

Quote:
it's official... you are an idiot

stone makes 20 more RWHP than Mishri... and it has NOTHING to do with DA the day they got dyno'd or any of your ignorant BS you want to dribble... it has everything to do with stone bening a manual and Mishri being an auto


but I wouldn't expect you to realize this little factor between the two cars... I would expect you to be fascinated by the phenomenon and assume that Mishri makes less power with the same mods because of the magical DA difference (this must be the answer to everything I guess lol)
Quote:
I'm still waiting in this bombshelled silence.... you want to continue this DA crap on how he should read higher and be around what stones car makes or do you want to throw in the towel on this mass of BS bench racing DA garbage and confess the very simple fact manuals put down more power than automatics?

it's up to you, I'll wait
to which you never responded... because in fact, you were wrong... so you beat around the bush and continued to play dumb

now that that's taken care of go play in another section if you want to play off like you know about things when you barely have a clue
__________________
Morbid Intentions is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
Intervention
3rd Gear Member
 
Intervention's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location:
Posts: 556
Default

What was the arguement?
__________________
2007 Mustang GT: 3/27/2007 - 3/21/2010 : 12.768 @ 108.25

2011 Mustang GT 5.0: JLT CAI, SW Full Exhaust, Custom SCT Tune - 425RWHP / 393 RWTQ
Intervention is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat
 
Morbid Intentions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intervention View Post
What was the arguement?
that two similarly modded S197's read different dyno numbers... he said it was because of the altitude and DA where both cars were dyno'd

in which everyone with a clue knows this isn't the case with the way dyno's operate #1

#2 is, he failed to realize he was comparing two similarly modded S197 GT's and completely overlooked the fact that one was a manual and the other was an auto... completely spelling out the reason why the auto GT dyno's lower

it was basically just a big clusterf*ck of excuses and grasping at straws on his and another members part
__________________
Morbid Intentions is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
Intervention
3rd Gear Member
 
Intervention's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location:
Posts: 556
Default

Well each dyno does read slightly different.

I put 309.7 down on my primary dyno, but visited another dynojet and made 319.9 so who knows?

But yeah, the autos will almost always put less to the tire
__________________
2007 Mustang GT: 3/27/2007 - 3/21/2010 : 12.768 @ 108.25

2011 Mustang GT 5.0: JLT CAI, SW Full Exhaust, Custom SCT Tune - 425RWHP / 393 RWTQ
Intervention is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
acarzt
4th Gear Member
 
acarzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,258
Default

"If he dyno'd the same day Stone did and on the same dyno he would dyno higher. Because the corrections don't properly account for everything. "

I wasn't referring to him dynoing HIGHER than stone. I was referring to him Dynoing higher than he did from his first dyno. Sorry I worded in a way that implied that, but it wasn't what I meant. I do still stand by the fact that Mishri would dyno higher than his original dyno because he dyno'd outside of the original intentions of the SAE standard.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/Brembo Brake Package
Performance:
Bama tune
GT500 Axle backs
Track:
12.49@114.18 w/2.09 60'
acarzt is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
acarzt
4th Gear Member
 
acarzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,258
Default

You're just not understanding the point i'm trying to explain to you... So I made you a little graph to represent what i'm trying to say but you're not understanding...

Now in case the graph is confusing for you... It basically says that only a correction factor of 0 is 100% accurate. The further you deviate from 0, the less accurate the calculations will become. This is why only a correction factor of up to PLUS or MINUS 7% is permitted to be acceptable within SAE's standards. OUTSIDE OF THIS, is considered too inaccurate.

And the reason Mishri WOULD make more power down(more than his original dyno, not more than stone) at lower Altitude, even on a similar SAE corrected Dyno.... is because it will be more accurate at the lower altitude and will be able to compensate better for the differnce's in the atmosphere. At such a high altitude and temp that mishri dyno'd in, the correction factor is too high to be accurate or acceptable.


*had to edit it so people don't misunderstand what i'm comparing... Like has previously happened.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAE Correction.jpg (10.0 KB, 13 views)
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/Brembo Brake Package
Performance:
Bama tune
GT500 Axle backs
Track:
12.49@114.18 w/2.09 60'

Last edited by acarzt; 03-06-2010 at 03:13 PM.
acarzt is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
98LS1
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 1903 T-model Fuuurd
Location: North Cackilacky
Posts: 8,635
Default

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Voted People's, 2009, Sexiest Man Alive



˙ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs ʎɯ uı pǝʇsǝɹǝʇuı ʎllɐǝɹ ǝɹɐ noʎ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
98LS1 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
acarzt
4th Gear Member
 
acarzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,258
Default

LOL! That picture is awesome lol

And I only made this thread because in an other thread morbid said he wanted to continue the discussion lol
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/Brembo Brake Package
Performance:
Bama tune
GT500 Axle backs
Track:
12.49@114.18 w/2.09 60'
acarzt is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #10
TommyV8
5th Gear Member
 
TommyV8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 1987 Buick Grand National
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,438
Default

Dyno numbers mean pretty close to dick.
My car put down 296 rwhp the one and only time I've had it on the rollers and ran 12.7 @ 109 that same month, 2.73 gears and a stock converter. This is with a lid, longtube headers, catless Y-pipe, and a cutout (makes you wonder what it would have put down if it was bone stock, 270?). There were a few stock and mildly modded LS1s at that same dyno day putting down 310, 320, even 330 rwhp. Of those cars that have been to the strip none of them could match my ET. Most couldn't even match my trap speed, which makes no sense assuming they really did make more power.
Timeslips > dyno numbers.

edited for spelling
__________________
1987 Buick Grand National, stockish. Still a GM troll.
2002 Camaro Z28, 2002-2013, another victim of drunk driving. RIP Mulletmobile.
I guess I need a new screen name. Six Appeal? Black Air? I dunno.

Last edited by TommyV8; 03-06-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling
TommyV8 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #11
Stone629
6th Gear Member
 
Stone629's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 2006 GTO
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV8 View Post

Dyno numbers mean pretty close to dick.

Timeslips > dyno numbers.
This.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


I'm sure this thread will go south from here..
__________________
2006 GTO, 6-speed
373 RWHP/373 RWTQ
12.91@111 MPH 2.1 60'

2014 F-150, 5.0
Tuned.
Stone629 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #12
Mishri
Mish-ogynist
 
Mishri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 3,703
Default

if anyone is wrong here its that morbid thinks dyno #s mean anything... especially when you compare 2 different cars on 2 different dynos on opposite sides of the country..Morbid gets my vote for ignorant one.

Then.. when I told him of the real life situation where a manual dyno'd 20rwhp less than me on the same dyno with the same mods as stone (except w/o the udps) he was like no you didn't.. i was like? wtf? we can provide dyno sheets if you require it.

here is a secret: different cars with the same engine/similiar mods put out different power.
__________________

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #13
acarzt
4th Gear Member
 
acarzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV8 View Post
Dyno numbers mean pretty close to dick.
My car put down 296 rwhp the one and only time I've had it on the rollers and ran 12.7 @ 109 that same month, 2.73 gears and a stock converter. This is with a lid, longtube headers, catless Y-pipe, and a cutout (makes you wonder would it would have put down if it was bone stock, 270?). There were a few stock and mildly modded LS1s at that same dyno day putting down 310, 320, even 330 rwhp. Of those cars that have been to the strip none of them could match my ET. Most couldn't even match my trap speed, which makes no sense assuming they really did make more power.
Timeslips > dyno numbers.
Yea I had actually brought that point up in the other thread that no 2 dynos will read the same and like you're saying, even on the same dyno it doesn't read right. But morbid refused to let it die at that lol So here we are. :-)
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/Brembo Brake Package
Performance:
Bama tune
GT500 Axle backs
Track:
12.49@114.18 w/2.09 60'
acarzt is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #14
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat
 
Morbid Intentions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
if anyone is wrong here its that morbid thinks dyno #s mean anything... especially when you compare 2 different cars on 2 different dynos on opposite sides of the country..Morbid gets my vote for ignorant one.

Then.. when I told him of the real life situation where a manual dyno'd 20rwhp less than me on the same dyno with the same mods as stone (except w/o the udps) he was like no you didn't.. i was like? wtf? we can provide dyno sheets if you require it.

here is a secret: different cars with the same engine/similiar mods put out different power.
no, you're wrong... for bringing up dyno numbers in the first place

where did I say dyno numbers mean jack **** there tough guy?

I stuffed your dyno numbers you brought up back in your face is all, I wouldn't havce even bvrought them up until you decided to talk about them... and talk out of your *** at that... also, I completely agree timeslips > dyno numbers

so look at your timeslip, look real hard.... that is what your car runs

deal with it already and stop being a nancy boy... you and and azart both, because you obviously have a lot of learning to do
__________________

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 03-06-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Morbid Intentions is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #15
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat
 
Morbid Intentions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarzt View Post
But morbid refused to let it die at that lol So here we are. :-)
keep it up tough guy

I'd be willing to bet if Mishri, bolton and asstarts all had a month away from this section that retarded threads such as this and completely useless debates such as DA won't get made and this section would once again have some substance

would you gents like to test this theory? then I suggest you follow the initial instructions of this post

and yes, your complete idiocy "IS" infuriating me for the simple fact there is only a certain amount of complete stupidity that I can read every day before it grows on me

let me spell it out for you as nice as a I can...

EVERYONE KNOWS NO TWO DYNO'S WILL READ THE SAME YOU F*CKING IDIOTS! THE POINT IS AN AUTOMATIC WILL NOT PUT DOWN MORE POWER THAN A MANUAL... GO AHEAD AND TELL ME A STOCK S197 GT AUTO WILL PUT DOWN MORE POWER THAN IT'S MANUAL COUNTERPART AND I'LL CALL YOU AN IDIOT AND LAUGH IN YOUR FACE


also...


STOP WITH ALL THIS DA HANDICAP BULLF*CKING SH*T! YOU GUYS ARE F*CKING IDIOTS!! RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG AND STOP PUSSYFOOTING AROUND WITH ALL THESE EXCUSES, EVERYONE FEELS THE SAME WAY ABOUT IT AND IT'S TIME YOU STOPPED CLUSTERF*CKING THIS SECTION WITH YOUR NONSENSE


::sigh:: leave it to 13 second S197 owners to act like they have a clue when it has escaped them months ago... if any point need to be made in this thread those all caps would be it.... STOP F*CKING TALKING, AND START F*CKING DRIVING!

if only your driving was as clean as the calculator you have on the pedestal you probably wouldn't have even needed math on the dragstrip
__________________

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 03-06-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Morbid Intentions is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #16
Mishri
Mish-ogynist
 
Mishri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 3,703
Default

Morbid.... have you gone insane or forgot what you posted in the other thread? you brought up the dyno #s... go back and look at it, you mentioned them first.

You just hate being wrong and you will argue about it and resort to name calling as soon as it appears you are wrong.. i've seen you do it tons of times.. you are the one that looks like the child here who doesn't know what they are talking about.. you are the one who apparently hasn't raced at a track at high elevation.. so based off your lack of experience you are talking out of your ***.

And for some reason i still don't dislike you.. really weird... probably because we are similiar.. and I enjoy argueing too
__________________

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #17
Stone629
6th Gear Member
 
Stone629's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 2006 GTO
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,008
Default

Mishri, has anyone ever actually pissed you off? I have watched you take several tongue lashings around this forum, but you always shrug it off. I just hope you're not the type to unexpectantly go postal and shoot up a bunch of kindergartners, lol.
__________________
2006 GTO, 6-speed
373 RWHP/373 RWTQ
12.91@111 MPH 2.1 60'

2014 F-150, 5.0
Tuned.
Stone629 is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 09:28 PM   #18
Riptide
6th Gear Member
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2014 GT
Location: Montaner
Posts: 6,194
Default

It's just the internet dude. Who cares anyway. Grabber and I have got into it a couple times but we still like each other. I might even let him marry my sister.

PS: Mishri still likes Morbid. Awww... You two are cute together.
__________________
WILL WORK FOR MUSTAKE
Riptide is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #19
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat
 
Morbid Intentions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishri View Post
Morbid.... have you gone insane or forgot what you posted in the other thread? you brought up the dyno #s... go back and look at it, you mentioned them first.

You just hate being wrong and you will argue about it and resort to name calling as soon as it appears you are wrong.. i've seen you do it tons of times.. you are the one that looks like the child here who doesn't know what they are talking about.. you are the one who apparently hasn't raced at a track at high elevation.. so based off your lack of experience you are talking out of your ***.

And for some reason i still don't dislike you.. really weird... probably because we are similiar.. and I enjoy argueing too
http://mustangforums.com/forum/6858357-post370.html

first post based on DA and numbers created on a dyno

keep it up guy, I will only stand you being a coy tool that plays dumb for so long

fact is, I get pissed when I get confronted with stupidity... mass stupidity that can't admit it's stupidity, not only that but you keep bringing it up and cluterf*cking this whole section up with your DA wet dreams.. and frankly, I'm sick of it

THAT is why I'm pissed, not because you are wrong in the first place... but the fact you are in the wrong and have the stupidity to continue to play off like a mentally retarded toddler with down syndrome (AKA you think you're right)... and with that being said I have the right to call it like I see it, especially when your head appears to be thick enough where I know it's the only way to get it through to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone629 View Post
Mishri, has anyone ever actually pissed you off? I have watched you take several tongue lashings around this forum, but you always shrug it off. I just hope you're not the type to unexpectantly go postal and shoot up a bunch of kindergartners, lol.

you wonder why he keeps taking them....

again... keep it up boys, we might see peace and quiet in this section yet
__________________

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 03-06-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Morbid Intentions is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #20
Mishri
Mish-ogynist
 
Mishri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Vehicle: 2012 5.0 premuim
Location: Great Falls, MT
Posts: 3,703
Default

I'm just a really easy going guy that shrugs a lot of IRL too.. I'm not bottled up either.
__________________

Automatic, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Boss Intake, BBR O/R X, Steeda Tune, M&H Drag Radials.
12.6@112mph (DA corrected 11.7@119mph)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpOnFire View Post
mishri created the universe
Mishri is offline  
Old 03-06-2010, 09:42 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Closed Thread

Tags
14, 80, charts, cmdpda, correction, da, dathread, drag, dyno, mile, official, pypes, racing, thread, threads

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup