The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Noob wants to run me...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:25 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default Noob wants to run me...

I was talking about my mods this spring because an employee brought their Eclipse into the shop Saturday, and this younger tech came over talking about how his built motor civic is gonna run 10s etc. and have 800hp yadda yadda yadda.. I asked if he what kind of octane he was running and he just said "race fuel".. he claims he will be rebuilding the bottom block with a low compression rotating assembly with a high compression head, CAMs and a whopping 60 trim turbo(lag much? lol) on a 1.8 liter GSR.

I didn't want to sound like I was questioning him or mocking him, so I just left it at that. His father is a gear head and they've also built a few cars (turbo SHO or something) running low 13s/high 12s.

I am gonna be running the following;

V3/Paxton air to air intercooled
10 psi Brenspeed 93 oct. race tune
Hot Rod Cams
C&L Racer intake manifold
Lower control arms
M&T drag radials on 17x8 Bullitts
Saleen Delete plates
FRPP 4.10s
JBA shorty headers/ceramic coated W/dual 3inch cut outs

De-tuned for 450'sh whp

What are the chances of the squid taking me on??? Funny thing is, not only did he ask to race me, but he also asked if I could help build his motor with him. He's a friend of mine so I am not gonna do anything shady to it rofl

He's younger (20)and sometimes oozing with arrogance. It kinda struck a cord with me when he said "autos are for people that can't drive" lol, but of course.. I knew better.

Mind you, he has NO street racing/track experience VS my 10+ years of both street and drag strip experience. I am 31..

my best time non-intercooled was a 12.5@108mph after LONG cool down, with a consistent 12.8@107mph.

Last edited by stealth_GT; 02-01-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

He has the potential to absolutely destroy you, is he going ot keep it FWD? put some slicks on it... I've seen a fast honda civic at my track, beating a c6 z06 by a good margin.

More than likely i'd expect a lot of things blowing up though unless he is exactly copying a known 10sec vehicle.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:48 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Reminds me of the time an 18 year old claimed he had 500+fwhp on a stock bottom end integra lol
Old 01-31-2011, 09:57 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

Without any information about the Honda, there isn't much to say. Even the D-series (single cam) Civics can be extremely nasty with forged rods/pistons and a nice turbo. Wouldn't be hard to outrun a mid 12 car.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:59 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mishri
He has the potential to absolutely destroy you, is he going ot keep it FWD? put some slicks on it... I've seen a fast honda civic at my track, beating a c6 z06 by a good margin.

More than likely i'd expect a lot of things blowing up though unless he is exactly copying a known 10sec vehicle.
FWD, built motor, turbo. Slicks too. Don't want to jinx him or anything, but he's actually never been to the track. I believe his dad drove their last drag car. 10s in a little *** car like a civic is alot to handle.. veteran or not

Originally Posted by crash
Reminds me of the time an 18 year old claimed he had 500+fwhp on a stock bottom end integra lol
lol this kid is kind of a freak though.. he has the help and know how to do it all, along with the funds. Cool guy too.

Originally Posted by replica
Without any information about the Honda, there isn't much to say. Even the D-series (single cam) Civics can be extremely nasty with forged rods/pistons and a nice turbo. Wouldn't be hard to outrun a mid 12 car.
lol well, with all my new mods I am hoping for a high 11 sec GT

I seen a few gutted NA hatches run 12.5s like nothing at my track. I don't doubt them one bit. I do doubt his skill level actually...
Old 02-01-2011, 02:46 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Hmmm yea its hard to say...i think that it may be closer then you think but your car will be pretty hard to handle as well w/ the suspension/cams/DRs/Cutouts.

We shall see
Old 02-01-2011, 04:49 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

ditto.. we shall see lol.

It's all in good fun, plenty of cars dipping into the mid 11s this year.. the competition is fierce!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:16 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Yea man all in good fun. I wish i was dipping into the 11s. Hopin for mid 12s w/ a better tire and suspension.

Good luck w/ the mods man! Keep us updated on this rivalry haha!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:30 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

It would take a lot less than 450whp to run high 11's in a Civic. I don't have any 1/4 times to make a power/weight comparison but look at BB running 11.7 in a 28XXlb car with only ~380whp.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

True^^ as long as the traction is good to go. BB was hooking the hell out of that SRT.

Quick Reply: Noob wants to run me...