The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

03 KB GT V.S. Audi ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Default 03 KB GT V.S. Audi ????

Move this to the racers bench Moderator, have no clue how it got posted here.

Kinda pissed. I hopped on the highway after an 11 hour work today and forgot to gas up because I was tired and grumpy. Cruising down the highway low fuel light comes on great I forgot to get gas. So i'm just cruising all alone and an Audi pulls up next to me with a badge that said "V8"(i'm almost positive) on its front fender(where ours says GT). I knew he wanted to go but I was not about to hit boost and cavitate my fuel pump or simply run out of fuel before I got into town. So I had to just let this guy act like billy badass and take off on me. I was soo soo tempted that I just kinda stayed in overdrive and half throttled it up to 110 just to let him know that I was game and knew what he was up to.

Two questions, what Audi was this? It was DEFINITELY newer with a coupe style body with "V8" badges(i'm pretty darn sure) on its front fenders and the quad circle audi icon in the middle of the rear of the car. This is really all I know because it was dark and I only got one glance at the side of the car. Next question is how would I have done? I am willing to accept any and all races because thats what the fun part of racing is to me. I'm just sitting here really regretting not being able to go. I have a 2003 GT Auto with a 2.1L Kenne Bell @ 9PSI with KB CAI, MAC Catbacks, J-MOD 4R70W how would I have done? 380RWHP/402RWTQ Tuned at Fastlane Motorsports in Benson, NC.

Last edited by Hangwire; 02-02-2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Racers Bench
Old 02-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

When did you get your car put together? We should link up soon and head to the track.

Sounds like an S4. You definitely would've grudge f***ed him.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:57 PM
1.5LofFury
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Move this to the racers bench Moderator, have no clue how it got posted here.

Kinda pissed. I hopped on the highway after an 11 hour work today and forgot to gas up because I was tired and grumpy. Cruising down the highway low fuel light comes on great I forgot to get gas. So i'm just cruising all alone and an Audi pulls up next to me with a badge that said "V8"(i'm almost positive) on its front fender(where ours says GT). I knew he wanted to go but I was not about to hit boost and cavitate my fuel pump or simply run out of fuel before I got into town. So I had to just let this guy act like billy badass and take off on me. I was soo soo tempted that I just kinda stayed in overdrive and half throttled it up to 110 just to let him know that I was game and knew what he was up to.

Two questions, what Audi was this? It was DEFINITELY newer with a coupe style body with "V8" badges(i'm pretty darn sure) on its front fenders and the quad circle audi icon in the middle of the rear of the car. This is really all I know because it was dark and I only got one glance at the side of the car. Next question is how would I have done? I am willing to accept any and all races because thats what the fun part of racing is to me. I'm just sitting here really regretting not being able to go. I have a 2003 GT Auto with a 2.1L Kenne Bell @ 9PSI with KB CAI, MAC Catbacks, J-MOD 4R70W how would I have done? 380RWHP/402RWTQ Tuned at Fastlane Motorsports in Benson, NC.
Originally Posted by Stone629
When did you get your car put together? We should link up soon and head to the track.

Sounds like an S4. You definitely would've grudge f***ed him.

S5, not S4. the S4 is sedan/avant only. S5 is could. unless he had mods (and quite a few at that), you would have raped him up and down all day long.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:51 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

+1^ Most definitely an S5, man you should had some gas
Old 02-03-2011, 07:50 PM
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

S5 are expensive for how slow they are. In the car and driver lightning lap it got beat by a 2011 v6 mustang and a cobalt ss turbo lol
Old 02-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 3.0Taurass
S5 are expensive for how slow they are. In the car and driver lightning lap it got beat by a 2011 v6 mustang and a cobalt ss turbo lol
The SS turbo also hangs with 911s in the turns. Little cheap bastard kicked out some impressive numbers at Nurburgring.

The S5 is more of a luxury/sports car. It basically targets a different crowd than us speed freaks.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Sup stone I installed it late September took me 4 days and when I got everything all put together my number 4 injector was leaking fuel. My used kit was missing a few parts that were hard to find that added about 2 days of driving around frustrated. After all that I was like **** it i'm towing it to Fastlane let them fix it. Too bad I didn't get the honor of the first start but atleast I didnt have to be on pins and needles haha knew it was in good hands. Picked it up the day before my B-Day so that worked out. For those of you wondering about Kenne Bell/Twin-Screw hype, well it aint hype! We do need to get up and do something, I still havent checked out the cobalt and i think my car is a lil diff now too .

Yeah I kinda figured unless it was a $70,000+ Audi it would need to have major mods to hang i'm pretty pissed. But he did happen to take the same exit I did and I saw what neighborhood he pulled into so i'll keep an eye open for him. Sad thing is he was probably some mid 30 year old ******* who makes 6 figures and really doesnt know much about cars or performance, much like SOME of the corvette crowd. The guy probly thought he really was something. Even if I was stock(like he thought I was) whats he gonna prove? Really? A 50-60k Audi challenging an 8 year old GT on the highway? Niiiiice.....
Old 02-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I'd like to see your car again now that its got a KB. The Balt is pretty decent, but I don't see it staying anywhere near your GT, lol. I'm planning on hitting her with a 75 shot before too long, so that ought to give you a better run.

I'm glad Fastlane got you straightened out. Caleb and Ray are good guys and do pretty good work. Give me a holler when you get a chance, man.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:47 PM
thunderhorse
3rd Gear Member

If you're postive it was a 2 door, then yes as everyone is saying, S5 it is. New S4s have V6T on the side fenders displayed fairly prominantly... you KB would put the hurt on both of em, but the S4 is a bit faster than S5. It's my understanding that the S5's V8 is kinda bloated and outdated at only 340hp whereas the supercharged V6 S4 is rated a 333hp, but many tuners/owners have found that it makes 333awhp. In any case, best 1/4mile times for a car like the S4 to run is 13 flat give or take a milisecond.

happy to hear about the KB btw! isn't it great!? haha... I was always paranoid about the fuel light thing too... never got into boost like that - good call on your part. I know it sucks when you miss the opportunity to run, but I'm sure you'll get another shot.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:21 PM
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
The SS turbo also hangs with 911s in the turns. Little cheap bastard kicked out some impressive numbers at Nurburgring.

The S5 is more of a luxury/sports car. It basically targets a different crowd than us speed freaks.
True, but if I decided to spend the extra thousands of dollars to get the super performance S5 over the v6 A5 I'd expect to be able to beat a cobalt.... lol

Quick Reply: 03 KB GT V.S. Audi ????