The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Infiniti G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vashthe3rd
Weighing in at 3500 lbs. bare bones, full fluids, standard equipment, etc.

3) I beat more than one G35, including ones with the HR engine.
I like how you said gearing> torque prior to that last post
now you say I won because of a torque advantage

My point was simple, they're heavy slouches with no room for improvement, sorry that instigated butthurt from someone on a MUSTANG forum. Isn't that what everyone whines about when someone says the non-Ford car would've won in a kill thread?

"Moving" for "what it is" now THAT is the dumbest thing anyone ever says.
You know who I hear that most from? People who own stock econo-cars or things with no room for improvement that they've already dumped a bunch of money into.
Fast for what it is doesn't mean anything. My car is fast for a turbo charged mustang
a stock civic is fast for a stock civic. It's a statement that isn't stating anything.
Read closely. I own an 07 G35 Sport Sedan. They only come ONE way. Loaded. They weigh 3,538 Pounds. They run high 13s at over 100 mph.

http://www.ehow.com/list_7328853_inf...ort-specs.html

Where did I state that you beat those cars due to a torque advantage? Seriously, where?

Also, where did I say anything about "running good for what it is?
Old 02-14-2011, 07:50 PM
vashthe3rd
2nd Gear Member

First time you've said Sport, I know those were special and only came one way.
Originally Posted by Stone629
The reason you beat those G35s so bad when you were stock is because 1. You ran the older, slow 260hp VQ35 and 2. even if you ran an 07-08 G35 Sedan with the VQ35HR, the 3V still has the edge, although it would be very close with equal drivers, ESPECIALLY from a dig.
If my car is heavier, less aerodynamic, has a lower MSRP, 3.31's, etc etc all these advantages the G35 sedan would have. What advantage is there? torque

And the last bit was in response to the mach guy butting in and talking out of his *** about an SE-R

My statement is still perfectly correct. Yes you proved me wrong, you can get a 13.9 every now and again out of the latest G35. Pulling the same 60' and 0-60? If you were doing that I wouldn't have destroyed G35's as easily as I did. G37 reviews aren't putting it near the low 13's as you say. Neither matters to me now.

Last edited by vashthe3rd; 02-14-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:52 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

You know who I hear that most from? People who own stock econo-cars or things with no room for improvement that they've already dumped a bunch of money into.
Fast for what it is doesn't mean anything. My car is fast for a turbo charged mustang
a stock civic is fast for a stock civic. It's a statement that isn't stating anything.
Sure it does run pretty good for what it is...and that is a production NA V6. Other arguments you made aren't really valid.. Your turbo charged mustang isn't fast for a "turbo charged mustang" with all the 1000+whp ones. A 140hp stock Civic isn't fast for a stock Civic when there is a 197hp Si..
Old 02-14-2011, 08:03 PM
vashthe3rd
2nd Gear Member

You're missing the point dude and splitting hairs

There are other N/A V6's that run faster than that so it's not fast for what it is, even with YOUR argument thrown in here
I said civic, not civic Si
A civic Si is fast for a civic Si

Are you getting what I'm saying? Saying it's fast for the car it isn't doesn't mean anything. That's just an excuse thrown out when something can't compete with anything anyone cares about.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:09 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Well if you really want the statement to be trim specific fine a 92SI is not fast for an SI with the 2007 SI, a Civic is a Civic.

"either it moves nicely for what it is".. Doesn't look like he was claiming it to be the fastest to me?.? NA V6's look at the Challenger, Camaro, 2011 Mustang V6...yes, it infact does "move nicely" for what it is. Which is a wide range, unlike your specifics.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 PM
vashthe3rd
2nd Gear Member

*sigh*

Let's just talk about how valid HP to displacement is in terms of a performance argument
that's about where this thread has gone
Old 02-14-2011, 08:25 PM
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tspence45
Good to know. I thought the 05-06 coupe manuals were rated at 298hp though. That's what wikipedia told me atleast.

And I'm enjoying the car, just not as much as I thought I would. It's fun. But, going from the Trans Am to it was just too much of a difference and I need to get back into something that doesn't sound like a weedwacker. lol. I found a nice '03 Mach 5speed w/ 50k on it at a dealer in Wisconson that I think I might go look at next weekend to see if they can work me a decent deal on a trade. I'll only do it if they'll be willing to make me a good deal though, which usually doesn't happen at a stealership. lol
Whereabouts in Wisconsin? I'm right on the border of Wisconsin and Illinois. Wanna give me a ride in the cobalt so I can see how they are? lol
Old 02-14-2011, 08:29 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Allow me to explain
1) G35's had options, if yours was truly "fully loaded" it weighs more than the curb weight, Sorry I was typing while doing something else, I meant driver.
Weighing in at 3500 lbs. bare bones, full fluids, standard equipment, etc.

2) I never said my AUTO VERT weighed any less, so how about you bite your tongue
3) I beat more than one G35, including ones with the HR engine.
I like how you said gearing> torque prior to that last post
now you say I won because of a torque advantage

My point was simple, they're heavy slouches with no room for improvement, sorry that instigated butthurt from someone on a MUSTANG forum. Isn't that what everyone whines about when someone says the non-Ford car would've won in a kill thread?

You keep saying that G35s are heavy slouches but your car isn't lighter than the G. I see whats wrong here, you got yourself a 3v mustang and put a turbo kit on it and now you think you got the biggest pecker in Texas, get over it guy, stop comparing your boosted V8 to a N/A luxury sedan or coupe. Yes, they are decent for what they are, an HR G35 like Stones runs as good 1/4 mile times as a brand new 3.7L V6 manual sport coupe and just about as good as an older 3V. No one here is trying to deny that they aren't fast cars but they move nicely. Stones and I haven't modded our VQs or at least nothing that can be compared to "dumping a bunch of money into it".

Last edited by darkmach1; 02-14-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:00 PM
vashthe3rd
2nd Gear Member

Yep you got me
I put a turbo on my car and now I'm king dick I run Z06's for money all day every day
I'm the baddest mother ****er around. Nothing can beat my stock internal 3v convertible. Ever. None of this is sarcasm.

Now I'm comparing my BOOSTED car? Kid go back and look at the first thing I said before opening your mouth. That's far from what I'm doing. Read the argument before getting mad that I'm making fun of the engine in your daily.
Someone asked about G35's speed, I told them what it is. Slow.
Just because you people who got suckered into buying a knockoff luxury car doesn't mean you have to get butthurt about it.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

If my car is heavier, less aerodynamic, has a lower MSRP, 3.31's, etc etc all these advantages the G35 sedan would have. What advantage is there? torque

Pulling the same 60' and 0-60? If you were doing that I wouldn't have destroyed G35's as easily as I did. G37 reviews aren't putting it near the low 13's as you say. Neither matters to me now.
They're just faster on average. 90% of the track newbs will take their 3 valve to the track in stock form and run over 14 seconds. Then there are more experienced drivers that run closer to mid 13s, with some record low 13s in stock form. They trap 100-103 mph.

The VQ35HR G35 runs high 13s in the hands of magazine testers, but have gone mid 13s as well with people that have spent more time at the track with the car.

My G35 will pull a 2.1 60' all day long, and will do 0-60 in the claimed 5.5 seconds. It is geared very aggressively and has a 3.73 rear with LSD. The reason AGAIN that you pulled on those G35s is because they were NON HR ENGINES. I'm not saying that you wouldn't pull some on one like mine from a dig (in stock form), honestly, it would come down to whoever got traction. You gotta get off this torque thing man. I make a whopping 230 WTQ in my SS... never stopped me from pulling consistent 2.1 60s at half throttle on street tires. Its the power under the curve that counts.

I'm not upset by my purchase btw. For $18k I got an loaded up luxury sedan that will run a 13 something 1/4 mile at over 100 mph. The car has so many options that it would probably jerk me off if I asked it to.

Last edited by Stone629; 02-14-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Infiniti G35 Coupe