Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Speed Zone > Street/Strip > The Racers Bench
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
MJH78
3rd Gear Member

Default Grand Prix GTP Comp G

Some late 30ish douchebag next to me at a light, sitting in his car like a douche- cocked way over to the right with his hand high on the wheel takes off hard and I see GTP on the back of the car. Then "Comp" something badge on the side. I guess these are supercharged? V6? I don' tknow...I thought the GTP Grand Prix's had a V8 in them at one point. It looked stock (ie - as ugly as every other GP). How would I fare? I never caught back up to him.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Camaro SS

Unless he has a different pulley or built motor, you should be fine i would imagine. Back when i got my stang (it was bone stock) i raced my buddy's supercharged 2001 GTP (240 hp) and beat it pretty bad.
2000 Camaro SS, 6-speed with 4.10's, Pacesetter long tubes, ORY pipe, Magnaflow 14419 w/FM merge, forged TMS 370 LQ9, TSP stage 2.5/5.3 (862) heads, TMS custom cam, LS6 intake, SLP lid, ASP UD crank pulley, ported stock TB, SSRA, LS2/LS6 MAF, Detroit Truetrack with stock 10 bolt, Vector custom tune, NX wet kit w/100 shot, 17 X 9 chrome ZR1 rims with Nitto dr's
mrtstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '95 gt 347

i have a few guys that are very heavy into gtp's, 1 of them is a bottom 11 second car on spray. they can be made fast. however, the guy with the 11 second one has a girlfriend with a stock comp g. they are just the 3800 supercharged however they have a better blower than the older gtp's. I raced him back when i got my car with just 3.73's and exhaust and beat him by a few. you should do fine.

'03 cobra- 2.8 KB mammoth, 19lbs, bolt ons, rxt clutch, sra w/ 3.73's

654/546 whp/tq

Old setup - Ported eaton, 16lbs, minor bolt ons, sra, self tuned.

501/501 - 11.23@124
ctgreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:24 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
beat, bench, cars, comp, difference, douchebags, gran, grand, gt, gtp, mustang, pric, prix, tune, v8