The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

UPDATE ON MY FRIENDS CAR

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Default UPDATE ON MY FRIENDS CAR

if any of you remember this thread

https://mustangforums.com/forum/the-...is-car-up.html

his engine detonated about two months ago... just got around to getting some time to let you guys know

also, his sister may or may not end up going on a date with me.... lol

DOUBLE KILL!

anyways.... he was talking about three options swapping to a 4V, dropping an aftermarket engine, or buying a new car the other night

I told him to buy a new engine.... particularly the KAASE P-51 if it can fit in the bay

http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.com...51-engine.html

IMO 15K for an engine like that is not that bad of a deal considering what stock unforged engines cost.... he told me he was leaning towards a 4V swap and I tried to tell him it wasn't worth the time and money for the minuscule change he would get it but he still seems hell bent on doing it... IDK, his car I guess

what would you gents do?

P.S. I also advised him to swap back to his stock solid rear 8.8 and drop this IRS crap
Old 09-02-2011, 10:48 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

..if I were to keep the car, I'd consider having the engine rebuilt with stronger sh*t or buy a forged longblock engine with heads that flow better than stock (ported or the trick flow...whatever), have the blower rebuilt or consider another blower/turbo, then get a transmission to hold the extra power and invest in a stronger solid rear end.

But with street tires.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

he should buy a 2012 5.0
Old 09-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Depends on what kind of power he wants to make. For 450 rwhp or more, I would drop an 03/04 Cobra motor in it rather than rebuilding that 2V or dropping a non-forged 4V in it. If the Cobra block is too heavy for his taste, then I would find a Mach engine and build that versus messing with 2V heads..... or if he just wants a solid 450 rwhp he could just rebuild what he has so it will hold this time. Honestly though, he sounds a like he's the type to half *** stuff. He didn't even have a proper tune last time did he?
Old 09-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by Stone629
Depends on what kind of power he wants to make. For 450 rwhp or more, I would drop an 03/04 Cobra motor in it rather than rebuilding that 2V or dropping a non-forged 4V in it. If the Cobra block is too heavy for his taste, then I would find a Mach engine and build that versus messing with 2V heads..... or if he just wants a solid 450 rwhp he could just rebuild what he has so it will hold this time. Honestly though, he sounds a like he's the type to half *** stuff. He didn't even have a proper tune last time did he?
he was hell bent on saying that his tune done with a laptop on the highway is safer than any dyno tune.... IDK mang, he does what he does... he knows how to wrnech that is for sure... he swapped his solid rear with the IRS himself in his garage... he also bought a used procharger, rebuilt it then installed everything for his supercharger kit himself from scratch... so IDK... it's almost like he knows what he's doing but does not know the limits of what he's doing... or for a better breakdown, is overconfident on what he can do
Old 09-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
he was hell bent on saying that his tune done with a laptop on the highway is safer than any dyno tune.... IDK mang, he does what he does... he knows how to wrnech that is for sure... he swapped his solid rear with the IRS himself in his garage... he also bought a used procharger, rebuilt it then installed everything for his supercharger kit himself from scratch... so IDK... it's almost like he knows what he's doing but does not know the limits of what he's doing... or for a better breakdown, is overconfident on what he can do
Ahh, gotcha. Sounds like a smart guy, but like you said he just pushes his cars past that "safe" line. I've got friends and family that do the same thing. Its like one of those old sayings, "do it the right way now now or do it the right way later". His street tune is fine as long as he knows what he's doing. I just prefer the dyno thing for entertainment purposes, getting the so called numbers, etc. That and the guy that tunes my GMs rather dyno tune than hauling *** up and down the road, lol.

So, which direction is he thinking of going? 4 valve, forged parts?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by Stone629
Ahh, gotcha. Sounds like a smart guy, but like you said he just pushes his cars past that "safe" line. I've got friends and family that do the same thing. Its like one of those old sayings, "do it the right way now now or do it the right way later". His street tune is fine as long as he knows what he's doing. I just prefer the dyno thing for entertainment purposes, getting the so called numbers, etc. That and the guy that tunes my GMs rather dyno tune than hauling *** up and down the road, lol.

So, which direction is he thinking of going? 4 valve, forged parts?
exactly, and yes that is exactly the route he was thinking of going... forged bottom end and swapping the 2V heads to 4V

I still think he should drop a whole new engine in it... and while the engine is out go to a T56
Old 09-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
exactly, and yes that is exactly the route he was thinking of going... forged bottom end and swapping the 2V heads to 4V

I still think he should drop a whole new engine in it... and while the engine is out go to a T56
He's going to have to have those heads altered to work. 2V head and 4V head coolant passages don't line up quite right. I agree, he should just swap the whole engine and be done with it.... and T-56
Old 09-05-2011, 12:41 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

...is this a MF member?
Old 09-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
...is this a MF member?
was.

contributed a lot to the tech sections until too many idiots hounded him around every corner there and decided to leave because it wasn't worth the hassle

Shadowdrake I believe his name was

Quick Reply: UPDATE ON MY FRIENDS CAR