The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Fast Hondas at my track...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 12:46 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default Fast Hondas at my track...

Just chatted with some other young techs at a different dealership and I found out that some were running high 11's @122+mph and an older tech running 11.3@130+mph(!!) in his fully built turbo CRX! Fully built Honda's no doubt.

The damn ET lights weren't working no the last test and tune night so we were all in the dark (except for actual slips) about what everyone else was running.

No way in hell I'll ever run that high unless I am making at least 600whp in a fully built motor/trans and 22ish psi on a KB, right? and it better not be on crappy 90 octane either I am assuming! lol

Old 09-06-2011, 05:11 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Yea man there are some killer street hondas out there and around. Guy I know has a 4 door civic 420whp running 7.3's@101 1/8 mile and another guy lives about an hour from me runs 6.7-6.8's@110-11 and 10.4@136 spinning through most of 2nd and part of 3rd lol and the car can be street driven if tires are swapped out.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:01 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol those lil suckers can be made scary fast..

thats the main reason I didn't want to build one in the first place.

Trapping 125+ in a 2700lbs. tin can is kinda scary if you really think about it rofl

Honestly, if I could run a 11.2@115 I'd be set

I seen that plenty of times but they were Super ET or Mod ET cars.. big blocks, fat slicks, skinnies up front and fully gutted with a roll cage...
Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Just chatted with some other young techs at a different dealership and I found out that some were running high 11's @122+mph and an older tech running 11.3@130+mph(!!) in his fully built turbo CRX! Fully built Honda's no doubt.

The damn ET lights weren't working no the last test and tune night so we were all in the dark (except for actual slips) about what everyone else was running.

No way in hell I'll ever run that high unless I am making at least 600whp in a fully built motor/trans and 22ish psi on a KB, right? and it better not be on crappy 90 octane either I am assuming! lol

You don't need 600hp to run low 11s. One of our UPR Shop Cars runs 11.90s with 400hp, and another one ran 10.17 @ 140 on street tires with 660 hp. It's all about traction!

What year is your Mustang, and what mods?
Old 09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

do some massive weight savings, I dunno if that supercharger will get you there or not.

There are 2 fast civics at my track, running mid-low 11s, they figure they'll hit 10s soon. they are completely gutted and built, I'll need a whipple or rousch TVS to beat them :P

I think it's cool anytime someone with a civic goes out drag racing, usually they look down on it and think auto-x is where the real racing is. weaving around cones in a parking lot? what is this? Drivers Ed?

Last edited by Mishri; 09-07-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:14 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

There are some fast imports at my track too, but I **** you not at least 3 of them break every night. One guy didn't make it off the line, then late in the night he came back and started pouring white smoke halfway down the quarter and it ended up closing the track because it was too close to closing already. He did run something like a 12.2 though lol.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
You don't need 600hp to run low 11s. One of our UPR Shop Cars runs 11.90s with 400hp, and another one ran 10.17 @ 140 on street tires with 660 hp. It's all about traction!

What year is your Mustang, and what mods?
No doubt. I see Mod/Super ET guys running very low 11's trapping 115mph all the time.

I got a 2008 GT Auto/4.10s, V3 air to air intercooled, 10 psi, 90 octane tune (yak!) Delete plates, JBA shorty headers, Steeda LCAs and front strut bar.

I am a torque converter and driveshaft away from hitting a 12 flat, possibly high 11's on 93 octane and a re-tune.

Originally Posted by Mishri
do some massive weight savings, I dunno if that supercharger will get you there or not.

There are 2 fast civics at my track, running mid-low 11s, they figure they'll hit 10s soon. they are completely gutted and built, I'll need a whipple or rousch TVS to beat them :P
lol not trying to beat any of those Hondas anytime soon.. they got some major wrench time into them. I know most of those techs and they have some fast cars. They're just ahead of the game then I am.. for now!

I give them credit and all, but I bet if my car was 1800 lbs of sheet metal and class(windshield/windows) I'd be running some serious times too!

Pretty sure a Roush Charger on your '11 5.0 will give them a run for their money.. especially with some DR's..

Originally Posted by rdsx18
There are some fast imports at my track too, but I **** you not at least 3 of them break every night. One guy didn't make it off the line, then late in the night he came back and started pouring white smoke halfway down the quarter and it ended up closing the track because it was too close to closing already. He did run something like a 12.2 though lol.
the hell? Blew a gasket, eh?

At least their cars are easy to fix and your buddies can always lift if off the ground to get the jack stands underneath lol
Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
the hell? Blew a gasket, eh?

At least their cars are easy to fix and your buddies can always lift if off the ground to get the jack stands underneath lol
Haha isn't that the truth. My buddies grandfather has a 4-banger Fox and when I looked under the hood I was jealous of all the room in the engine bay lol I know if I had an import I'd slap a homemade turbo kit on there and beat the **** out of it until it quit, like this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHE0zUQT1nM
Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Always going to be fast hondas at the track. They are cheap as
F%&k. Fairly sporty looking. And l can bench press one. Their probably one of the cheapest platforms to go fast in. Their just like old 5.0 mustangs. you can buy them dirt cheap and the mods are cheaper. But if you want to go really fast and not just run mid 13s it's not gonna be all that cheap.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:56 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Always going to be fast hondas at the track. They are cheap as
F%&k. Fairly sporty looking. And l can bench press one. Their probably one of the cheapest platforms to go fast in. Their just like old 5.0 mustangs. you can buy them dirt cheap and the mods are cheaper. But if you want to go really fast and not just run mid 13s it's not gonna be all that cheap.
Well, more like if you want to make more than one pass in the 11's and still be able to drive home then it won't be cheap. I'd love to get a honda dirt cheap, slap a hx35 on there and run something stupid like 25psi on the stock motor, just to see how fast it would go, for all of 3 seconds lol.

Quick Reply: Fast Hondas at my track...