The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Iv'e been challenged!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:53 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
10 replies and nobody mentioned THAT HE DOES HIS RACING ON THE STREET! Hey, A-HOLE take it to the damned track, ya *edit, edit edit*
Seriously? Did this get posted in the wheels/tires section and then moved or did you get lost?
Old 10-31-2011, 12:56 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTtony
One of my neighbors down the street challenged me to race him in his 98-00 camaro ss. I asked what he had done to the ss to make it sound so sweet. He said right now it has full exhaust, gears and heads. I then asked what he thinks about the new SS camaro's? He replied by saying there easy to chase down... We swapped #s and will with out a doubt race some time soon.
The new Camaro is BARELY faster than a stock 4th gen... honestly it doesn't take a lot to chase them down.. .with his mod list he would have ZERO issues.

Just full exhaust and some gears puts him someone in the low 12s... heads? (assuming no cam?) I would guess he's a bottom 12 car if not high 11s as it sits (on sticky tires of course).. Would be trapping 115ish (without a cam)... if there is a cam involved here (MS3? or even something small like an LS6) he would be 11s for sure with 115+ traps.

TLDR; please get this on video. lol
Old 10-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
The new Camaro is BARELY faster than a stock 4th gen... honestly it doesn't take a lot to chase them down.. .with his mod list he would have ZERO issues.

Just full exhaust and some gears puts him someone in the low 12s... heads? (assuming no cam?) I would guess he's a bottom 12 car if not high 11s as it sits (on sticky tires of course).. Would be trapping 115ish (without a cam)... if there is a cam involved here (MS3? or even something small like an LS6) he would be 11s for sure with 115+ traps.

TLDR; please get this on video. lol
Beg to differ man.

I've already seen some of the more impressive times out of the new SS. Even for a 4,000+ pound car, they've run mid 12's bone stock down to the tire.

OP - If you don't spray, and his only major mod are heads, he will take you provide he knows how to drive.

If you don't like street racing, please don't post here. It happens, that is the way the world works. If you say you've never sped, or goosed it on the street, you are full of ****.

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:33 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

....this was moved from 4.6 Tech I think, so its not like someone was looking to be anti-street racing in the s/s section...
Old 11-01-2011, 11:44 AM
5spdftw
2nd Gear Member

Update...
Old 11-01-2011, 12:47 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grabber
Beg to differ man.

I've already seen some of the more impressive times out of the new SS. Even for a 4,000+ pound car, they've run mid 12's bone stock down to the tire.
I've seen some ridiculous times posted on the camaro5 forums..and I've seen -300 DA runs by some damn good drivers... 12.7 @ 110mph from a bone stocker at Cordova a few weekends back for example (-526da). I don't buy into the guy who ran a 12.4 @ 111mph 'bone stock' at nearly 2000DA for a bit (especially when he counts certain mods as 'still stock'. That's just me though... I know with a lid/fra in 1000ish DA I was trapping 109.3 being a 'not so great driver' I have a hard time believing if I swapped cars I could beat my own car by any margin with an LS3 SS stock to stock.

Bottom line the New SS is a mid 12 second car as much as the old 4th gen is a high 12 second car. It doesn't take many mods at all to erase a 5th gens advantages.

Edit: Timeslip from the 2011 SS M6
(-526da @ Cordova Dragway Oct 21st 2011)

Last edited by S8ER01Z; 11-01-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:40 PM
GTtony
1st Gear Member

Ok Its been a while... I probally should have left an update or 2...

It seems taht AL has given me a wrong phone # and he has yes to try and call me.
Ive driven up my block a few times to see which house his car is parked in front of. I assume he parks in the garage like i do cuz i didnt see any red camaro's on the block.

I will post a new thread with the same ttl but a w/ part 2 after it once we actually do race. I truly don't know when that will be though. :<
Old 11-06-2011, 02:05 PM
GTtony
1st Gear Member

I have not been to irwindale, but have been to California raceway sevral times in the past.
I usually take it to the track, but i got tired of wating like 1.5hrs between turns. for that reason ive yet to record a n2o run.

The Auto Club Dragway starts tecking at 6am the fun begins arround 8:30am, but if you don't get there by 4:30- 5am about 400 cars will be ahead of you and all of the tickets will be sold out.

Just because i street race dos'nt make me an A-hole. A hole.

I do it only after midnight and on streets where theres like i can see far far ahead. Cali freeways are like 4 lanes wide where i live so whats the problem jack. if im close to traffic i let off and loose... the race big deal. Anyways i hope to drop an update soon. peace.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:57 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
10 replies and nobody mentioned THAT HE DOES HIS RACING ON THE STREET! Hey, A-HOLE take it to the damned track, ya *edit, edit edit*
Racing on the street is not smart, nor is it legal. With that said, we do it anyways. I'm not sure that you should be sitting on a pedestal critiquing others when you yourself have posted videos of you driving very spiritedly on public roads. Just trying to be fare.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:02 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I don't think some people exactly pick-up on the title of this entire section, lol.

STREET/STRIP and RACERS BENCH

Good luck, OP. Hope you find him sooner than later. Keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Iv'e been challenged!