The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

05-09 Mustang GT vs Camaro v6?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 07:23 AM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

This is a no contest..... I wouldnt have the first hesitation in running a v6 'maro, and stock s197's should outrun me.....

The easiest/quickest way for me to tell a v6 from an SS is the little slit in the nose of the hood. SS's have'm, 6ers don't
Old 10-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
to tell a v6 from an SS is the little slit in the nose of the hood. SS's have'm, 6ers don't
Ahh, I'm glad you posted that. I've been squinting my eyes trying to read the tiny RS/SS badge on the trunk all this time, lol.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

This is a no contest..... I wouldnt have the first hesitation in running a v6 'maro, and stock s197's should outrun me.....

The easiest/quickest way for me to tell a v6 from an SS is the little slit in the nose of the hood. SS's have'm, 6ers don't
This means most of the "SS" Camaros in my town are 6ers with the badges changed... Hmm...
Old 10-30-2011, 01:07 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Well, fwiw, I very well may be wrong, but thats what I was told, and from what Ive seen it holds true. Can't imagine it'd be that many rebadged v6's, but ya never know I guess....
Old 10-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Well, fwiw, I very well may be wrong, but thats what I was told, and from what Ive seen it holds true. Can't imagine it'd be that many rebadged v6's, but ya never know I guess....
My town... About 90% of the new Camaro drivers are middle aged/old women. I think they like the extra mileage.

Personally I think when buying a muscle car, gas mileage is probably the LAST thing you should think of...
Old 10-30-2011, 03:34 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

It might be something you get with an RS package.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
This means most of the "SS" Camaros in my town are 6ers with the badges changed... Hmm...
The RS package adds the HID headlamps, body-color-painted water track (the strips on the sides of the roof, they are black without the RS package), darker red tail lights, and makes the "SS" badge red instead of silver. It also adds the RS spoiler on the V6 models, but it's already included on the SS models regardless.

they also color code the badges to the exact trim of the car

a silver SS badge is just a standard V8 model... a red SS badge is a V8 model with an RS package

all RS badges are red and they signify the LT trim which is basically just a base V6 with the RS package

and the black sheep running around with no badges are the base LS package with the standard V6 but no bells and whistles

cross referenceing these features with the color of the SS badges would be a start

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 10-30-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
The RS package adds the HID headlamps, body-color-painted water track (the strips on the sides of the roof, they are black without the RS package), darker red tail lights, and makes the "SS" badge red instead of silver. It also adds the RS spoiler on the LT models, but it's already included on the SS models regardless.

they also color code the badges to the exact trim of the car

a silver SS badge is just a standard V8 model... a red SS badge is a V8 model with an RS package

all RS badges are red and they signify the LT trim which is basically just a base V6 with the RS package

and the black sheep running around with no badges are the base LS package with the standard V6 but no bells and whistles
This is the exact post I needed. So all RS's are 6ers?
Old 10-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
This is the exact post I needed. So all RS's are 6ers?
yessum
Old 10-31-2011, 10:17 AM
m5miler
2nd Gear Member

gt hands down. intake and tune on an 05-09 gt from my experience will put you about on par with an L99 SS from a roll from 40-100. stock 05-09 takes the v6 without a problem

Quick Reply: 05-09 Mustang GT vs Camaro v6?