The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

How much rwhp to hit 11s with turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 09:45 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

I'm not running anything higher than 3.27s. The only direction I'd go is lower to 3.08s. Turbos love load. I also don't see why I couldn't cut a 1.8, that's nothing special. I guess only time will tell

I'm assuming 8psi would get me in the power level of 11s. Spring time needs to get here so I can install everything and take it to the track.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:15 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

i could see a 1.8 with some decent tires and nothing else. with the auto you can prolly get it to build some boost at the line so 1.8's wont be out of the question even with stock gears/stall.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

01 GT is about 3300lbs I believe... I could see ~350rwhp pulling it off with traction.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:42 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
I'm not running anything higher than 3.27s. The only direction I'd go is lower to 3.08s. Turbos love load. I also don't see why I couldn't cut a 1.8, that's nothing special. I guess only time will tell

I'm assuming 8psi would get me in the power level of 11s. Spring time needs to get here so I can install everything and take it to the track.
My SRT-4 came stock from the factory with 3.60 gears.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:12 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
My SRT-4 came stock from the factory with 3.60 gears.
I should go tell all the Mustang guys running turbos that their 3.08-3.55 gears and slowing them down and they should go at least 3.73s because SRT-4s came with 3.60 from the factory.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Turbos also have to spool up to function. Its going to take you 3 days to get that car going. I can see some decent traps out of what you're talking about, but your ETs are not going to be in the 11s. Prove me wrong though.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:24 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

I didn't want to come off rude I'm just saying from all the turbo setups I've seen the guys going fast aren't running anything more than 3.55s, most guys deeping in the 10s or even lower ETs are running 3.08-3.27 gears.

And spooling won't take 3 days (yes I know that was being sarcastic). I can foot brake it on the street to ~1800-2000 and I'm assuming I could go just a little higher at the track meaning I won't be out of boost for long.

This of course is just what-if statements. I just wanted to get an idea of what kind of power I'd need to hit 11s, not what gear I should run. I think I got my answer so I thank you guys for the help. When spring comes around and the tracks open again I will be sure to update you guys.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Going to be a sick ride either way, man.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:20 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I didn't want to come off rude I'm just saying from all the turbo setups I've seen the guys going fast aren't running anything more than 3.55s, most guys deeping in the 10s or even lower ETs are running 3.08-3.27 gears.

And spooling won't take 3 days (yes I know that was being sarcastic). I can foot brake it on the street to ~1800-2000 and I'm assuming I could go just a little higher at the track meaning I won't be out of boost for long.

This of course is just what-if statements. I just wanted to get an idea of what kind of power I'd need to hit 11s, not what gear I should run. I think I got my answer so I thank you guys for the help. When spring comes around and the tracks open again I will be sure to update you guys.
To late douche bag. You came off rude. Build your car the way you f%&King want and quit starting threads like this if you dont like what anyone has to say!!! Dudes like you never follow thru anyway. Here you are talking about 10s but your thread is asking for about advice getting into the 11s. Do you even understand the difference in power & set-up between a 11 and a 10 second car? Here you are talking about what you have read and completely disregarding what someone who has owned turbo cars tries to tell you. You cant even figure out how much HP you need to run 11s without posting a thread on a forum!!!

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 01-17-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:55 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
To late douche bag. You came off rude. Build your car the way you f%&King want and quit starting threads like this if you dont like what anyone has to say!!! Dudes like you never follow thru anyway. Here you are talking about 10s but your thread is asking for about advice getting into the 11s. Do you even understand the difference in power & set-up between a 11 and a 10 second car? Here you are talking about what you have read and completely disregarding what someone who has owned turbo cars tries to tell you. You cant even figure out how much HP you need to run 11s without posting a thread on a forum!!!
in the op's defense he is right in the fact that you hardly ever see turbo stangs with anything lower than 3.55's. If they have 3.73's or 4.10's its because they were in there before, and most of the time those gears will be short lived and a set of 3.27's or so would be put in. It's hard to say that since a srt4 has 3.60 gears stock, that all turbo cars are best with those.

Quick Reply: How much rwhp to hit 11s with turbo???