The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

How much rwhp to hit 11s with turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 04:07 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

I ****ing love you Blue Beast!!!!! LMAO
Old 01-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

here are a list of s197's.. many have turbos, many really fast (9 sec cars) are running 3.73s or 4.10s.. so.. depends on a lot of things... but you can see a guy running 4.10s is faster than another guy running 3.15s who is faster than someone else running 3.73s.. you just can't tell from gearing. the only correlation i've seen is some guys running twin turbos or n2o+turbo are running the 3.27s or 3.31s and those with single turbos are running 4.10s or 3.73s.

Last edited by Mishri; 01-18-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:37 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Also I called my speed shop owner who happens to own a 12 psi vortech on a stock bottom end 4.6. He's ran that set-up sinse 2005 and has blown one headgasket in almost 7 years. Pretty dependable if you ask me. So we'll agree to disagree about the 12 PSI thing.
See now this comment shows to me you don't know as much as you think about turbos. 12psi from a centri blower and 12psi from a turbo are not the same comparison. You're going to make more power with the turbo at 12psi than you will with 12psi from a centri blower. Call your speed shop buddy, he'll tell you the same thing.

Now as far as the but hurt comment you made. I'm not taking crap from the OP who has admitted he knows absoutely nothing about turbo cars other than what he's read or been told. He's bolting on his first kit and that gives him the right to be a douche bag? I dont think so.
When have I admitted not knowing anything about turbos? I will admit I have no first hand experience with installing a turbo or running one on any of my cars. I won't deny that. I am basing my gear choice on what others have ran and had success with. I have to start somewhere, right?

You seem to forget this thread WAS NOT about which gears I should run. It was simply asking about a power level. If you're inferring I know nothing about turbos because I ask how much power I'd need to be able run 11s, you're sadly mistaken.

You should turn down your sensitivity level a little. One comment that wasn't even made to get under anyone's skin clearly has you bugging out.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:42 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

What's funny about that list is out of the 150 listed, there are only 3 turbo guys running 3.90 and above. Way to prove a point Mishri lol
Old 01-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

well like others said in this thread, your question is kind of a silly/noob question to ask, how much whp to reach xx.xx. there are a lot of factors to figure that out. now if you asked us what we thought you would run by slapping a turbo at 6-7psi on there and leaving it otherwise stock we can give you a better idea. but a lot of factors can go into how little whp needed based on gearing/transmission/weight vs how much you'll have to get in an otherwise stock car.. i'd say you need 400+whp if you were leaving it otherwise stock.

but that is why this discussion turned into that about gearing and tires and stall etc, because properly setup you might pull off a high 11 with only 350whp, not setup right and you might have 430whp to hit high 11s.

3.90 and above? what about all the 3.73s, MOST are running 3.73s, which shoots to **** your theory about needing 3.08's. so really, what kind of turbo setup are these guys running 3.08-3.55 in? twin turbo? turbo +n2o? the guys in the list on the top 20, 4 are running 3.27-3.55 and 5 are running 3.73-4.10 (only 1 running 4.10s but he is running faster than the guy with 3.27s)

these guys probably have tried different gearing to bring their ET down.

Last edited by Mishri; 01-18-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:43 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
See now this comment shows to me you don't know as much as you think about turbos. 12psi from a centri blower and 12psi from a turbo are not the same comparison. You're going to make more power with the turbo at 12psi than you will with 12psi from a centri blower. Call your speed shop buddy, he'll tell you the same thing.
Ok explain to me how they are different? 12 psi dont mean ****! It's how much air is being moved at 12 psi per minute that matters. We can go as deep as you want on turbo theory. Your just going into deeper darker waters that you dont understand..
Old 01-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

You don't understand that you can't just ask how much power it takes to run 11s. A geared stalled car is going to run 11s with much less power than a stock stalled 3.27 gear car will. At 6-7 psi, you won't be anywhere near 11s without the other stuff, that's the only reason it was brought up.

Edit...Mishri beat me to it, lol
Old 01-18-2012, 04:50 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
What's funny about that list is out of the 150 listed, there are only 3 turbo guys running 3.90 and above. Way to prove a point Mishri lol
Jesus your a retard. when you made your smart *** remark about the SRT-4 having 3.60 gears you were trying to make a point! What was it?????? 90% of every car on that list are boosted and running a higher gear than the 3.60 I mentioned. So tell me about all the Mustang guys your getting your info from now.

PS thanks for posting that mish.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 01-18-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:55 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by Mishri
3.90 and above? what about all the 3.73s, MOST are running 3.73s, which shoots to **** your theory about needing 3.08's.
Well I never said you had to have 3.08s or 3.27s to go fast. I said I was sticking with 3.27s because turbos like load and people who I've talked to said they like that gear. Like I said I don't have personal experience so I'm going off what other people are saying. If I don't like the 3.27s I will change gears.

Ok explain to me how they are different? 12 psi dont mean ****! It's how much air is being moved at 12 psi per minute that matters. We can go as deep as you want on turbo theory. Your just going into deeper darker waters that you dont understand..
Call your speed shop buddy and ask him that question. No matter I say you won't believe me.

Originally Posted by Stone629
You don't understand that you can't just ask how much power it takes to run 11s. A geared stalled car is going to run 11s with much less power than a stock stalled 3.27 gear car will. At 6-7 psi, you won't be anywhere near 11s without the other stuff, that's the only reason it was brought up.

Edit...Mishri beat me to it, lol
How can I not ask that? I wasn't asking what the lowest amount of HP I could run to get in the 11s. I was asking how much power MY CAR would need to hit 11s. If that means I have to run more boost because I don't have the right gears or suspension or stall than fine, tell me I need 400+ rwhp. Like I said 10 times before, I didn't make this thread to debate about what I should do to my car -- I was simply asking how much rwhp I would need to get into the 11s. Is that really that hard to wrap your mind around?
Old 01-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

okay my new guess for you then is you need 480whp to hit high 11s. have fun.

Quick Reply: How much rwhp to hit 11s with turbo???