The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

This should help

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 11:15 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Great build BlueBeast

I was also looking at some Trick Flow kits if I were to get that Firebird I was looking at.

I would have personally swapped out the gears first and worked on the drivetrain (driveshaft, valve body, shift kit etc.) those 2.73's would have drove me nuts! I have 3.06's in my Charger and they suck.. the 5.7 makes a shiet load of low end torque so it makes up for it lol
I did the motor first because it was stuff I could handle myself. I dont have the ***** to try the rear and the transmission will be swapping one unit for another but pricy.

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
I think it would be cool to see the difference in track times between n/a with a aode and a stout c4. especially if you've still got the stock stall now and am doing the 4k you mentioned earlier. I'd have to say right now you'd be in the mid-high 12's but could drop as much as a whole second with a nice c4. with the c4 10's on spray is deff in the bag.
I'm thinking low 13s with the aod. and low 12s with the c-4 on motor. Looking forward to getting everything done and see what it'll do.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I did the motor first because it was stuff I could handle myself. I dont have the ***** to try the rear and the transmission will be swapping one unit for another but pricy.
I don't blame you.. I'd hate to pull out a trans only on jack-stands lol

I use a rack and air tools so it makes it a lot easier.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 AM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Looking good. I plan to pick up a fox to start playing with in a few months, though going to stay the turbo route. What bottom will you be going with when the time comes?
Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Probably Dart once the stock block gives up.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

dart or a boss block is the ONLY option. That was one of the reasons I sold my '95 because on the spray it was at it's limit before the block would split, and didn't want to spend 1500 on just a block plus machining and assembly.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I'd probably go with their forged 347 short block. I could be wrong but all my trickflow upper should bolt right on to that short block. Need to research it a little more.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:32 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I'd probably go with their forged 347 short block. I could be wrong but all my trickflow upper should bolt right on to that short block. Need to research it a little more.
a dart shortblock? your h/c/i will fit right in on one, big differences are just in the strength of the block and 4bolt mains, everything else is the same as far as cam locations, head bolts, deck height, etc.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:42 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Yep. Did a little research and it looks like alot of shortblock for not alot of money. I've read 1000HP is not out of the question. Not that I want to split the stock block just yet. This project still needs a million little things and a lot of big expensive things.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:14 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

These came today. UPR uppers & lowers. Next on the list is a set of strange 10 way adjustable shocks. I'm going to run stock springs with a coil cut off. I've read this works well. We'll see.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:17 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

very nice. the stock v8 spring rear is the best setup, both guys over at teamz and baseline recommend that setup.

Quick Reply: This should help