The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!
View Poll Results: Insurance coverage while racing
Did you know that your car insurance is voided while racing?
91.67%
Did you NOT know that your insurance is voided when racing?
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Car insurance voided during racing??

Old 05-04-2012, 03:40 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Sinse were getting all self rightous & biblical. He who is without sin shall cast the first stone. In other words all you self rightous douche bags better think long and hard about how many lies you've told in your life before you start correcting others. ANY ONE HERE NEVER TELL A LIE????????? I thought not! Derf should make another visit in a month or so to correct us about the evils of street racing. I hate F&%King hipicrits. I second moving this to off topic.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 05-04-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:42 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Sinse were getting all self rightous & biblical. He who is without sin shall cast the first stone. In other words all you self rightous douche bags better think long and hard about how many lies you've told in your life before you start correcting others. ANY ONE HERE NEVER TELL A LIE????????? I thought not! Derf should make another visit in a month or so to correct us about the evils of street racing. I hate F&%King hipicrits. I second moving this to off topic.
You do have a point, or two, or three lol
Old 05-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

I never lie!

Oh damn, I think my nose is getting longer.......

Last edited by Old Mustanger; 05-04-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:34 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Old Mustanger
I never lie!

Oh damn, I think my nose is getting longer.......
Lie is such a strong word. I prefer to embellish everything.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I have never lied.

I am also a virgin....what? I'm saving myself.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
ANY ONE HERE NEVER TELL A LIE????????? .
never told a lie? nay.. no one can say that. However, since i've been an adult i've tried to live my life without telling a lie, if you live your life the way you want people to perceive you do you wont need to.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:05 AM
TypeS
2nd Gear Member

To add my .02 as someone in the insurance industry.
Organized racing is not covered in any modern Standard policy. Are there exceptions? Of course, but not with any major company. As defined by most policies with the wording quoted earlier in the thread, any type of closed course event is not covered. Street racing falls into a gray area. It would very much depend on the adjuster and whether it was a spontaneous race at a light or a group trying to reenact the fast and the furious, but most of the time it will be covered because it is difficult to prove exactly what was happening.

As for insurance fraud, I know it's tempting and may not be the hardest thing to get away with. But with that said, fraud is what makes all of our rates so high. Keep in mind insurance is basically a shared loss pool, so if and when some people take more than they should (based on their contractual agreement) it harms all of us. Also, it's pretty apparent that many people have dealt with bad adjusters, there are provisions in all contracts for 3rd party appraisals if the value can not be agreed upon, always take advantage of them.

Last edited by TypeS; 05-05-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:07 AM
TypeS
2nd Gear Member

But back to the point of the thread, I believe in the pay to play mentality. I mess up my car doing something I know is a possibly large risk, I'll face the financial consequences and not risk being put away for fraud.

Last edited by TypeS; 05-05-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:49 AM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Maybe showing my age but there's a HUGE difference between telling a lie and committing fraud. People need to remember that not everyone was raised with the me first mentality, the world owes you a silver platter yada yada. Back in the day I was paying through the nose for car insurance just like the older folk before me had to do. Lastly I was raised that fraud is a criminal offence and I do not want to go to jail only to be chased by Big Bubba.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:31 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I recomend You never do anything wrong in your car then. Stay away from the track. I wouldn't want you to have to commit fraud if you ever total your car and I 'd hate to see your ride totalled and anyone stuck with a payment for a car they no longer have. No street racing either! Thats a bigger crime if your cought and I wouldn't want to see your morals compormised. And god forbid you have an accident while street racing and someone dies. Now your facing a murder charge! I guess speeding is still ok? Your doing that by yourself but it's still against the law. That is again unless you hurt someone else while driving irresponsible now were back to the vehicular homicide thing again. Damn now were back to the going to jail thing. So Given those options I'll pick the track. It seams safest and most controlled and the least likely way to have an innocent bystander injured. Just sell the car and walk. There just no sensable way to enjoy your performance car as far as the police or the insurance company is concerned.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 05-05-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car insurance voided during racing??