The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Truck wants to race

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Pope1122
1st Gear Member

Default Truck wants to race

Aight here's the deal i have an 07 gt/cs, few mods on outside/inside, engine is completely stock, but i have an o/r h if that makes a diff. My friend just bought a chevy duramax with kinda bigger tires on it and rims, he put a programmer in it so it pours out black smoke, has exhaust an is one mean truck, he said he could beat me in a race. Should i try? or you think its to much power for me?
Old 05-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Nyhm
1st Gear Member

Not so sure but I don't think the forum cares much about asking about racing....I could be totally wrong though and the black smoke thing is just stupid, I see that crap all the time around my city and it just disgusts me that people think that is "cool"
Old 05-27-2012, 06:24 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Race him! You already have a fast car. If he beats you, then he has a heckuva fast truck. I understand--it's not fun to lose any race, especially to a friend that may not let you live it down--but bottom line here, it's a big, heavy truck with big, heavy tires and rims. If he says he can beat you, he probably has reason to think so and he may beat you. But he may not. That's what makes racing fun!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:01 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Unless it is geared differently he doesn't have a chance... Diesels are not made for racing!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:11 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanICON
Race him! You already have a fast car. If he beats you, then he has a heckuva fast truck. I understand--it's not fun to lose any race, especially to a friend that may not let you live it down--but bottom line here, it's a big, heavy truck with big, heavy tires and rims. If he says he can beat you, he probably has reason to think so and he may beat you. But he may not. That's what makes racing fun!
This is what I'd say. Just be smart about it, and preferably take it to the track. Just don't endanger anyone.

If you're unsure if you'd win, then just don't talk big. Be honest and say you'd love to see who would win because you're not sure. The thing I hate is when people talk like they'd stomp you hands down and you know it'd be close at least. Especially when they know nothing about their own or your car, or cars in general. Just please, shut up.

Sorry, personal issue there haha. Best of luck, and let us know if you decide to go for it!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

They aren't geared for racing, and the engines aren't made for it.

I had one of those Cummins turbo diesels that people claim are "fast" try to race me - I didn't even have to floor it to beat him.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Smoke the bastard.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Pope1122
1st Gear Member

this is his truck if it makes a difference, and my car is an auto btw
Old 05-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pope1122
this is his truck if it makes a difference, and my car is an auto btw
Doesn't lift actually ADD parasitic power loss?
Old 05-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Pope1122
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
Doesn't lift actually ADD parasitic power loss?
well its not really lifted, the tires are stock size they just are nitto mudd grapplers which is a nice but very aggressive tire and makes em look a little better. So what ya think peeps?

Quick Reply: Truck wants to race