The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

MSP3 vs S4 & LS1

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 10:55 AM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1.5LofFury
they'll roll right with an E46 M3 up top.

49mph-164mph in 6th gear stock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syVnVpRn2ig

edit:

0-165mph stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTnjH...eature=related

and i know. Morbid will probably come in here saying **** about how i'm posting youtube vids like those kids he was talking about a while ago (with the lincoln). i don't care.
cool....all im saying is ive race multiple v8 s4s...had 2 friends with them my way and they couldnt pull my bolt on NPI anywhere. I would pull a few cars out of first/2nd gear then just even after that.

I was running 14.0 @ 101-102 mph at the time.

Pretty sure Morbid got the boot for being a tool.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Morbid is gone?

About the S4, its really not in the same class as an LS1, not in a straight line race.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:12 PM
gears94gt
3rd Gear Member

I see you only have a k&n filter as a mod on your ms3 , you will probably loose to those two cars , if you don't have much practice launching the car don't even try racing from a dig , ms3 are notorious for torque steer and major front wheel hop , take it from a previous owner of a 345 whp ms3 , new ms3 are a little heavier than the previous generation and still making 263 hp 283 tq . anyways good luck , best roll for you is 40 .

Last edited by gears94gt; 06-05-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:28 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Morbids account isn't banned?? He hasn't posted since February though.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:47 PM
MZRSPEED3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gears94gt
I see you only have a k&n filter as a mod on your ms3 , you will probably loose to those two cars , if you don't have much practice launching the car don't even try racing from a dig , ms3 are notorious for torque steer and major front wheel hop , take it from a previous owner of a 345 whp ms3 , new ms3 are a little heavier than the previous generation and still making 263 hp 283 tq . anyways good look , best roll for you is 40 .
One thing i have not had a problem with in this car is wheel hop, tq steer hasn't been much of an issue either on straight runs.

This is the vid of me running my friends '12 VW with LC and DSG, and i am in no way trying to compare this run to the two runs i have coming up, i am only trying to give an idea of how i drive the car.

I honestly don't think i can pull on either car, especially the LS1. I was hoping to have both these runs done by now, but both guys have been busy. Sorry for the bad vid quality guys!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:42 PM
gears94gt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MZRSPEED3
One thing i have not had a problem with in this car is wheel hop, tq steer hasn't been much of an issue either on straight runs.

This is the vid of me running my friends '12 VW with LC and DSG, and i am in no way trying to compare this run to the two runs i have coming up, i am only trying to give an idea of how i drive the car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAvsCp_J0Vw

I honestly don't think i can pull on either car, especially the LS1. I was hoping to have both these runs done by now, but both guys have been busy. Sorry for the bad vid quality guys!
nice launching the car , i was able to go 0-60 in 4.9 in my speed3 , i even recorded it on the cobb ap . word of advice , go easy on the ms3 , mod wise , just do the basic , turbo-back exhaust , including a downpipe , and you can tune the car with cobb access port , ms3 platform is weak , my blew up and i wasn't even on boost .
Old 06-05-2012, 06:06 PM
MZRSPEED3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gears94gt
nice launching the car , i was able to go 0-60 in 4.9 in my speed3 , i even recorded it on the cobb ap . word of advice , go easy on the ms3 , mod wise , just do the basic , turbo-back exhaust , including a downpipe , and you can tune the car with cobb access port , ms3 platform is weak , my blew up and i wasn't even on boost .
Yeah, i only plan on intake, test pipe, upgraded fuel pump internals, motor mounts and the cobb access port. This is my only car, and i don't want to get too crazy just in case i have to stock out for warranty work. I'm not even crazy about a downpipe, as the seals on the K04 are known to be weak and in many cases have started leaking from not having enough back pressure on them.

4.9 0-60 is really good, you def knew how to launch that thing!!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:03 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
Morbids account isn't banned?? He hasn't posted since February though.

Morbid was a gigantic douche, the only reason he stayed around was because he was a Mod and in his mind he had "power"

After his mod privileges were revoked, what a surprise, no more morbid around here.

Dude was the biggest tool bag ive ever seen in my life.

I thought this was obvious....you guys really didnt notice this?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

He was just Morbid. He definitely has a different point of view than most and didn't mind letting it be known. With that said, he was very knowledgable when it came to vehicles and what they could, or could not do. He'd call BS in a heartbeat, and imo was usually pretty much on the money. Sure, he'd step on some toes, and could be weird as ****, but at least he spoke the truth and knew what he was talking about 99% of the time.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:20 AM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

meh, idk, Morbid = tool in my mind

Ive got into it with him a few times and have watched him get into it with others and it basically seemed like he thought he knew everything and believed that his opinion was always fact.

It felt like he actually went out of his way too start **** whenever he could. I know he started **** with me many times. I remember getting called out hardcore by him when I posted my estimated 1/4 mile times a few years back.

The fact that he is completely gone now that he is not a mod shows what kind of cowardly person he was who was only here to abuse his mod privileges.

Anyways, back to topic lol

Last edited by justinschmidt1; 06-06-2012 at 09:23 AM.