The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

BR-Z/FR-S.. turbo!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 03:06 PM
UberDuper
1st Gear Member

They're nothing at all alike.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:13 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Meh, I think it would be a bad idea.. It would actually be faster than a WRX as well if it had the H4 four instead of the NA H4..
Old 09-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by UberDuper
If these had come factory turbo and 300hp, I would own one instead of the mustang.
At 300 hp it would have too much power for the BRZ chassis without some major upgrades. Upgraded HP, + chassis upgrades + suspension upgrades + Brakes = different driving dynamics and higher price. (GT Neighborhood). Then what?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:15 PM
UberDuper
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
At 300 hp it would have too much power for the BRZ chassis without some major upgrades. Upgraded HP, + chassis upgrades + suspension upgrades + Brakes = different driving dynamics and higher price. (GT Neighborhood). Then what?
I would have paid a higher price, certainly. They're 25k msrp right now and a 30k turbo option would have been reasonable. I don't know anything about the chassis they built for it and whether or not it would need upgrades. They designed the thing intending to offer a convertible at some point so it may have been overbuilt.

The big thing about this car for me is I was coming from an s2000 and wanted something with more power that I could toss around like my s2k. The mustang is a beast but it just doesn't compare to the level of control I had.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

These FR-S/BR-Zs are the first car I've ever seen to actually have a valley/dip in the TQ curve around 3k RPM. Reports say its bad enough to actually feel. I'll see if I can find a dyno I saw, but it is pretty bad. Idk, they're pretty cool little cars for getting around town in or for some mountain driving, but the lack of power would **** me off enough that I could never really enjoy the vehicle.

Turbo'd, damn right. Now you've got something.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:50 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
These FR-S/BR-Zs are the first car I've ever seen to actually have a valley/dip in the TQ curve around 3k RPM. Reports say its bad enough to actually feel. I'll see if I can find a dyno I saw, but it is pretty bad. Idk, they're pretty cool little cars for getting around town in or for some mountain driving, but the lack of power would **** me off enough that I could never really enjoy the vehicle.

Turbo'd, damn right. Now you've got something.
I've seen it in a couple cars.. but that's that because of certain designs.. The BRZ dip is still up in the air, some think it was put there on purpose. Perrin and Cobb are still working away at tuning one and also trying to figure out the dip
Old 09-20-2012, 12:49 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Not everyone wants a tiny two door with 400hp lol

I could live with it if it was my summer toy but no way as a daily driver, especially where I live. I'd actually prefer a 392 Challenger SRT-8 over this car if I had a choice for a summer car... I am too used to driving tanks now rofl
Old 09-20-2012, 10:01 AM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

They are nice looking little cars, but I thought they should have offered a turbo model as well. I don't think it would kill sales of the wrx/sti they are going after a different target, a sti is a great quick 4 door car that you can drive all year round, this is a roadster

Thats like saying the bmw z4 will kill sales of the m3
Old 09-20-2012, 11:50 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Not everyone wants a tiny two door with 400hp lol

I could live with it if it was my summer toy but no way as a daily driver, especially where I live. I'd actually prefer a 392 Challenger SRT-8 over this car if I had a choice for a summer car... I am too used to driving tanks now rofl
I want one. Thats a real sports car.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:19 PM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
How are they completely different? Because of the RWD vs AWD? It would still compete... And Subaru wouldn't get the same money as it's a shared platform with Toyota.. Whereas the WRX is solely Subaru..
Your logic is flawed.

And yes...rwd vs awd is a HUGE deal. Ones 2 door, ones 4 door besides the styling is completely different.

Its just not the same car and I honestly dont think someone looking at a awd wrx/sti would be the same as someone looking at an brz.

I see the brz as girly and would never buy one.

I would buy an sti.

Last edited by justinschmidt1; 09-20-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: BR-Z/FR-S.. turbo!?!