The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

ctgreddy vs mrtstang

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:52 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default ctgreddy vs mrtstang

first off, this is going to happen this time, neither one of us are going to break anything moments before the race!

anyways, we've somewhat agreed on a time, next saturday the 29th we're both going to a car show and are going to be setting something up for that day. since he's got a 10 bolt and i'll be on street tires i'm assuming we're just going to be doing rolls. my car feels much improved with the sra/gears but that might be a combination of the cooler weather lately. so assuming say a 20, 40, 55, whatever roll what do you guys think the outcome will be? i was comparing his setup to the setup of the blue t/a i raced earlier that was super close, he had the si5 cam and livernois heads, and with mrt having the torquer 2 and 2.5 5.3 heads it's super close, the heads flow within 10-15cfm's of each other and the cams are so close i dont think one would make more power than the other. I personally think, well hope rather, that i can pull a car just based off my latest mods, had i still have the irs i feel the outcome would be opposite, what's everyones opinions? I'm super anxious to get this done, gonna be a good one!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:58 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Oh yeah this race is on baby haha Greddy does the car hook any better with the new setup, or is it too early to tell yet? Also, do you have any video of you racing the T/A by chance?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:59 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

You jinxed yourself in the first line.. just sayin..

I think it will be close though if y'all go at it.. I think a 40 roll will put you in the W category.. Vid for sure though, I wanna see this.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:51 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

It's way too soon to tell on how well it hooks, I took it out last night and even in third it wanted to spin the tires which it never did, but it was like 50*'s and the car wasnt heat soaked at all or anything so I think it was mainly the weather. Plus the added gear and weight out of the back end prolly makes it easier to spin from a rolling standpoint.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Gotcha! I don't think I ever asked, but what kind of port do you have on the blower? Both upper and lower pulley as well?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Whoever shifts fastest and hooks harder will win this. This cooler air is definitely making some power...and causing traction issues. I haven't even been able to hook from a 2nd gear pull the past couple days since we finally dropped below 72 degrees, lol. Not a bad problem to have, just saying.

I think MRT s going to pull in the higher RPMs, with Greddy gaining ground thru the mid range, so a back and forth race in other words.

Just do rolls though guys, no sense in trying to see who can spin less or break a ten bolt from a dig.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:54 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Yeah I agree Stone...just a couple of roll races since there is no way in hell either of us will hook lol. Even on the Nitto dr's that i'm running I can't hook from a 2nd gear roll right now in 60 degree weather. I'm sure it's definitely worse for Greddy on street tires lol
Old 09-21-2012, 05:58 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

i have an older steigy port from 2005, saposedly it's similar to their current stage 4. and i only have a 2.76 upper, stock lower so i'm only seeing around 12-13lbs which is too low to really see a big gain from the port but all well, hopefully it's enough!

i'm really hoping it's like 70 out when we meet up, not even being able to hook in 2nd at all friggin sucks!
Old 09-21-2012, 06:01 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

also heres the thread about the other t/a i raced with vids in it, it even has the same gears as you lol.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/stre...am-m6-h-c.html

Last edited by ctgreddy; 09-21-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

This is most def going to be a good one.. You guys gonna post vids right??

Quick Reply: ctgreddy vs mrtstang