The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

12 second ecoboost flex

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 03:11 PM
JimC

The ZL-1 driver avoided lining up all day until the end. He definitely needed a driver mod (he made several 14+ second passes and just barely broke into the 13's). When they finally lined up he ran his best pass of the day and just got past the Flex after the 1/8 mark.

And the Flex just ran a new best at Lapeer today. He hit a 12.72 at 109.79mph.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:31 AM
MZRSPEED3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
i heard the stang will get an ecoboost 4cyl rated around 310hp. I did just drive a new ST at work the other day tho, not a bad car at all, handles amazing and has quite a bit of pep. saw a few places getting bottom 14's so with a few mods it could possibly be a 12 second car, not bad for a focus lol.
If they ecoboost a stang i will jump all over that.

I was looking at getting an ST when i was shopping for cars, but the lack of a mechanical lsd and the price turned me away. They are nice cars, but at 25k base price, and 30k fully loaded, they are a bit pricey, imo. I got my base ms3 for 21,995+ttt, and loaded tech package Speeds go for 25k. So to ask 25k for a base ST, with less power and smaller engine is pushing it.

They also weigh 3200lbs+, so they are no lightweight, much like the MS3. I'm hoping they do well though, then maybe Ford will bring the RS over here....
Old 10-08-2012, 11:29 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
You gotta tune those SHOs to do what we want, lol.
lol yeah you do

I seriously considered a 2010 SHO before my 2012 RT Charger but it had way too many gadgets for my liking. I wanted something a little more spartan like (cheap? rofl). Overall it felt very smooth and made good power. I would have loved to have modded that transmission (parts available??) to make it shift a lot harder, possibly a lock up high stall torque converter as well.

There is a dude that runs low 11's with a meth injection kit, hard pipes, full exhaust and some other mods, I forget. They can be made pretty quick as with most middle weight twin turbo cars. they look really slick too!

Too bad there wasn't a smaller two door coupe, outside the mustang that had that motor..
Old 10-10-2012, 07:45 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Hey Guys! Seems my ID is still here! Used to have a 2005 Mustang and was pretty regular on here...

Ok.. so that is our Flex!!! As Jim pointed out, i've picked up 4 trophies this summer doing brackets... WOOHOO! LOL!

I did hold the Red TBSS off until the 1/4 mile traps... and he was not too happy! This thread is a MUST READ! LOL!

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78437

Yes, a lot of the cars could use the driver mod... but that's the thing, typical drivers with typical cars... so many guys thing they'll take there brand new car to the track and run a magazine time, even though they've never been to the track before...

The ZL1 video peaked the interest of the folks over at StangTV:

http://www.stangtv.com/features/car-...-you-on-track/

Also Jim mentioned, on Sunday I went 12.72! BTW, the way this is complete street trim! And I'm running on ALL SEASON TIRES! LOL!

Here's the 12.7 video:

Also have a few other surprising video on my youtube channel you might want to check out! LOL

And @ctgreddy, THANKS for taking such good care of my Flex! The service staff at Saginaw Valley Ford is the BEST!!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:10 PM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Wow, that thing is getting a lot of attention.......and.......better watch out for your hips gramps Congrats on a sweet sleeper.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by okbfd
Wow, that thing is getting a lot of attention.......and.......better watch out for your hips gramps Congrats on a sweet sleeper.
Thanks!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:45 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

nice to see you on here! that 12.7 time is pretty sweet, especially out of such a lightly modded 5K+ pound car, i'm loving all the ecoboost motors ford is doing along with the new v8's, they're really stepping up their game in that department.

that tbss forum was quite comical, stating the flex must have been fully built hahaha.
also in regaurds to your last comment on that thread, I just did a trans on a '13 flex a couple weeks ago, not very hard at all given access to a hoist and ofcourse a trans jack.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:53 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

nice to see you on here! that 12.7 time is pretty sweet, especially out of such a lightly modded 5K+ pound car, i'm loving all the ecoboost motors ford is doing along with the new v8's, they're really stepping up their game in that department.

that tbss forum was quite comical, stating the flex must have been fully built hahaha.
also in regaurds to your last comment on that thread, I just did a trans on a '13 flex a couple weeks ago, not very hard at all given access to a hoist and ofcourse a trans jack.
THANKS!!

And good to know on the tranny! Which reminds me... need to come in for an oil change!

Funny thing.. I was reading a comment about our Flex on one of the forums... and the guy wrote:

"my daughter videoed me racing this BAD *** ford flex with a way modified SHO engine"

I read that to the Mrs. and she immediately fires back, "WAIT A MINUTE! I thought you only had a TUNE!" LOL! I had to explain, how guys just assume I most have all these big mods to run as well as i do! When in fact my performance mods really are just a tune, a little methanol and a simple axle back!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

so was that zl1 at lapeer this past sunday? I've been wanting to run one for a whiiiiile now, really wish there would have been one at ubly to shut down but no such luck.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

so was that zl1 at lapeer this past sunday? I've been wanting to run one for a whiiiiile now, really wish there would have been one at ubly to shut down but no such luck.
I can tell you right now that your Cobra will slaughter a stock ZL1. I've ran two at the track so far, one modded, one stock. The Modded ZL1 ran a mid 10 at 133 mph, left me to say the least. The stock ZL1 ran a higher 12 at 114, so I got him pretty good.. anyway you should have zero issues with a stock car. Looks like there's a TON left on the table however.

Quick Reply: 12 second ecoboost flex