The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Another potential run....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

385ish RWHP (plus whatever the cut-out gained me, maybe 400 RWHP) got me down to an 11.6/116 on a 1.67 60'. I was there when PD ran his best ET. It was a rough night for everyone present. Humidity was at 97% and He was messing with his tune/launch control between runs. Def not optimal. At any rate, those cars don't use the power they have efficiently imo. They trap high as hell, but don't ET worth a damn for the power, but thats a FWD for ya. With 540 at the wheels, I would be pissed if I didn't run a 10.5.

Last edited by Stone629; 11-11-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 AM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
you managed a blazing 11.8 with 540HP and a 123 trap.
Do you not even read my post..like seriously... That was with 383whp... NOT 539

And yes, I do think an extra 156whp could net 3/4 of a second pretty easy..
Your acting like it's hard to drive these things..burn out..engage the 2 step..preload...dump it..hold on and shift, that's all there is to it on slicks.

Last edited by perfect.disguise; 11-12-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:47 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
Do you not even read my post..like seriously... That was with 383whp... NOT 539

And yes, I do think an extra 156whp could net 3/4 of a second pretty easy..
Your acting like it's hard to drive these things..burn out..engage the 2 step..preload...dump it..hold on and shift, that's all there is to it on slicks.
Sorry I forgot I was dealing with Shirley Muldowney. There is a reason why people who want to go fast in the 1/4 don't go with a wrong wheel drive car. You can think all day about 10s but until you go out and prove it you haven't done ****. I think about playing in the NFL all the time. LOL. Jesus you needed a 123 trap to run your 11.8!!! I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Good luck with the stage 2 build.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 11-12-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:06 AM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

What are we agreeing to disagree with again? Its proven Calibers can run 12s with bolt ons...like the car the thread is about. All the mix ups was because you cant ****ing read, and keep going off topic. .Not sure what the whole going into my car was about..parted out=Im done, no more track visits. No build..parted out..

Thread is about the caliber..not a Neon and defiantly Not about what my car could have run, what it can run now. About fwd sucking, or you daydreaming about football.. It would have saved you a lot of typing if you would have read where I corrected you on all the stuff about my car, not that it is relative anyways.

Last edited by perfect.disguise; 11-12-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:26 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I read fine. You said stock turbo neons run in the 11s!!! You also acted like it's easy to make these cars go fast but your very time slips prove otherwise. Thank god your done with the track because your the sterotypical SRT-4 owner. I think my car should go 10s even though it's only been high 11s with a million excuses. Stock turbo cars go 11s because I read it over on the SRT forum. You bought into the 11 second stock turbo crap and I didn't! Are we clear now? For every one super cool front drive drag racer out there's a million dreamers scraping out a 13 just like you that can't drive for ****. Now In the real world what do you think the OP is going to run into at the strip. And before you say it. Who wants to race at the strip when you have a roll race monster. I'm sure you parted out the big turbo kit because your sick of scratching your head on why you can't live up to the big horse power. Like 95% of all front drive owners! So getting back on track. 97tpls you'll be fine against a caliber SRT-4 with your mods and driving skill. And im done.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 11-12-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:03 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I read fine. You said stock turbo neons run in the 11s!!! You also acted like it's easy to make these cars go fast but your very time slips prove otherwise. Thank god your done with the track because your the sterotypical SRT-4 owner. I think my car should go 10s even though it's only been high 11s with a million excuses. Stock turbo cars go 11s because I read it over on the SRT forum. You bought into the 11 second stock turbo crap and I didn't! Are we clear now? For every one super cool front drive drag racer out there's a million dreamers scraping out a 13 just like you that can't drive for ****. Now In the real world what do you think the OP is going to run into at the strip. And before you say it. Who wants to race at the strip when you have a roll race monster. I'm sure you parted out the big turbo kit because your sick of scratching your head on why you can't live up to the big horse power. Like 95% of all front drive owners! So getting back on track. 97tpls you'll be fine against a caliber SRT-4 with your mods and driving skill. And im done.

If you read fine I wouldnt have had to tell you like 5 times I never ran it with the 6262..I was using the 11 as a refrence point, never said it was the norm..(and yes I have a friend that works under Nick at pro auto which was one of the 2 I know about) If I lived as close to the strip as you and had hundreds of passes, along with coilovers sure Id have a better glorry pass...I have under 10 1/4 passes and on Mopar springs I cut a 1.73 60, despite how much I suck at driving..Though if you think you have to
turbo swap a Caliber to run 12s..nothing more I can really say...why dont we keep it on topic, anything else I have an inbox.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Daaaaaaaaaamn where did all the beef come from?! I wouldnt ever have imagined yall two boys would be having words (and not because you're srt brethren either).

And please, dont take it to the inbox, thats no fun!

I too was down at Fayetville with Stone and PD, and that night SUCKED for running. 13.55 was the best I could muster, on the slicks to boot. Not taking up for PD or anything, Im neutral to this.... discussion..... but the night SUCKED for running.

As for the outcome to the race, Im just gonna have to find out. I know their 'crew' was out this weekend, but I was tied up friday night and went to the strip saturday,then partied that night, so Im chock full of excuses as to why we haven't run yet Hell, Ive never spoken to the fella before, this is being setup via 3rd party.

I personally think I have my hands full. But, I'm not scared to take a L, its gonna happen more often then not in a dam v6 mustang

BB, PD, ya'll boys play nice.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:22 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
If you read fine I wouldnt have had to tell you like 5 times I never ran it with the 6262..I was using the 11 as a refrence point, never said it was the norm..(and yes I have a friend that works under Nick at pro auto which was one of the 2 I know about) If I lived as close to the strip as you and had hundreds of passes, along with coilovers sure Id have a better glorry pass...I have under 10 1/4 passes and on Mopar springs I cut a 1.73 60, despite how much I suck at driving..Though if you think you have to
turbo swap a Caliber to run 12s..nothing more I can really say...why dont we keep it on topic, anything else I have an inbox.
inbox is full, so why did you part the car?
Old 11-12-2012, 05:55 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Haha, cleared the inbox up.

I was looking at 9k+ to build the trans and bottom, with a 3rd kid on the way it seemed like a waste. Sorta wish I would have built it, esp seeing my tuner run a 10.1@150 on his but it was for the best. Made a few grand off the car, going to get the wife an SUV. When I'm ready to play again I will be going with an early GT500. Neon doesn't even have 60K on it, it will be a slow 250whp DD.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:59 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
I too was down at Fayetville with Stone and PD, and that night SUCKED for running. 13.55 was the best I could muster, on the slicks to boot. Not taking up for PD or anything, Im neutral to this.... discussion..... but the night SUCKED for running.
I know I could have got better times with better weather and whatnot, but hey I'll take it..only my second time at the 1/4. Like to know what was up, wasn't stone running like 12.6's or something and I remember the GTO and Cobra guys claiming to be 1/2 sec+ off.

(and I'm not going to lie, a 1.73 with just Mopar springs and a top engine mount is pretty ****ing good for this car with less than 10 passes..not even a bottom or trans mount)

err...didn't mean to double post....

Last edited by perfect.disguise; 11-12-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Another potential run....