The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Wake up S/S!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

It'd be broken in 2 or 3 times over, lol. I've got to haul *** to S.C on Saturday to do the Christmas/Family thing, but hell yea man bring it on!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:08 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

So this will be happening next weekend Stone?

Greddy, do you have your nitrous system hooked up yet? I'll be getting my tune first thing this spring for a 125 shot. If you run a 75-100 shot it should be a damn good race don't you think? Unless of course you keep cutting more weight out of that thing, or somehow get even lighter yourself haha
Old 12-16-2012, 12:17 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang

Greddy, do you have your nitrous system hooked up yet? I'll be getting my tune first thing this spring for a 125 shot. If you run a 75-100 shot it should be a damn good race don't you think? Unless of course you keep cutting more weight out of that thing, or somehow get even lighter yourself haha
the kit isn't installed but I do have it all already. I'm not quite sure what size shot i'm using, starting with 75 and when it gets tuned I'll stop whenever I hit 95% duty cycle on my pumps or 600whp, whichever comes first.

MRT, next spring/summer I'm going to twist stone's arm to get him to meet me somewhere halfway between us for a few runs, you should consider coming as well!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:23 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Oh hell yeah i'd be up for that I'd love to see how Stone's car runs! From what i've read, researched, etc...this LS6 intake is holding me back a good 10-20 or more hp across the board (along with stock MAF and TB too) and this crappy C.A.R.S. tune is not helping either. Those two things combined with a 125 shot i'm hoping for a BIG difference lol. So are you saying your fuel system should be good for around 600 rwhp? If so, and you get really close to that number i'm sure you will still smoke me lol

Last edited by mrtstang; 12-16-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:31 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Oh hell yeah i'd be up for that I'd love to see how Stone's car runs! From what i've read, researched, etc...this LS6 intake is holding me back a good 10-20 or more hp across the board (along with stock MAF and TB too) and this crappy C.A.R.S. tune is not helping either. Those two things combined with a 125 shot i'm hoping for a BIG difference lol. So are you saying your fuel system should be good for around 600 rwhp? If so, and you get really close to that number i'm sure you will still smoke me lol
should be close, it's a bone stock fuel system just with a boostapump, which usually is all that's needed to get around 600whp, but i'm only on stock injecters due to having a wet shot, otherwise i'd have to upgrade those. What other intake are you considering? and who are you going to have retune it?
Old 12-16-2012, 12:49 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Gotcha! I'm looking at a Fast 92 or Fast 102. Problem is that they are so damn expensive...with the 102 being crazy expensive when you factor in all the accessories. From what Texas Speed is saying (and everyone on the forums and such) it should make a sizeable difference with my current heads and cam along with a better TB and MAF. The tune?? Man i'm still on the fence on that one lol. All I know is that the one I have now sucks (not sure if I ever explained the details on that to you) and one guy I personally know picked up 15 hp just by switching to a Livernois tune...no other changes whatsoever!! Walsh, Vector, Alternative Auto, EVI, Stenoid, are some i'm considering as well. How about you? Do you think you are ever going to get a custom dyno tune for your ride?
Old 12-16-2012, 01:04 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

dyno tune is deff going to get done before I spray it, march time i'll get one done and will be going to walsh. I know I say this to you a lot but I recommend walsh or livernois. DO NOT go to EVI!!!! They're horrible, I have yet to hear anyone who's had a good experiance with them, it's not like my dislike for alternative where the tunes are just conservative, it's that evi tunes are flat out horrible.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:14 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Okay that's good to know about EVI then. Thanks for the info! Funny thing about Wash though...good price, good rep, but they HATE tuning for nitrous lol! Not sure if it was Donny or who I was talking to, but the guy practically chewed my head off for wanting to spray my ride. I was like WTF seriously lol!!! Umm...millions of people do it ever day, and they're not blowing their **** up lol
Old 12-16-2012, 01:40 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Lol i know when i was there with my buddy getting his car done i was telling him about my setup and how i was going to spray it and he was trying to talk me into just paying more for a whipple, but that's not what I wanted. but turns out back in 03 or 04 don himself had an 03 cobra and put a shot on it to get 600whp, hypocrit lol. I just think they dont like tuning for it because once someone leaves there's so much that could possibly go wrong that might hurt the car. actual tuning for it isn't hard at all, pull some degrees and make a pull, adjust afr's, pretty much it really. The main thing they dont like is a 150 or bigger shot on pump gas when the car already makes 450+ without it.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Yes sir, next Friday as long as they don't all back out (highly unlikely). I'm pumped about it, just not sure where they want to actually do this. I've personally never set-up anything in town, so I'm leaving it up to them where we go. Hopefully its out in the sticks somewhere. Vids will be up as soon as I get them.

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
the kit isn't installed but I do have it all already. I'm not quite sure what size shot i'm using, starting with 75 and when it gets tuned I'll stop whenever I hit 95% duty cycle on my pumps or 600whp, whichever comes first.

MRT, next spring/summer I'm going to twist stone's arm to get him to meet me somewhere halfway between us for a few runs, you should consider coming as well!
I'm up for it! We'll coordinate something so it works for everyone. That'd be awesome if MRT cam make it too! Hopefully I'll have the 3.73s back in by then.

I don't think that LS6 is holding you back that much, or the stock MAF. Stock MAF is supposed to be good for ludacris speed and although a FAST intake might gain you 10 rwhp somewhere in the band, thats a lot to pay for the gain. Not trying to talk you out of anything, just throwing my opinion out there so you don't possibly spend too much on a small gain. The guy that tuned my SS is awesome if you want to talk to him. He'll tune it however conservative or aggressive you want without shooting you a bunch of BS. He's honest about whether or not certain things are worth doing too, regardless of if its costing him a dollar to tell you such. He can do a mail order for about $250. My car ran 12.2 at 114 with bolt-ons and 3.73s just from his street tune, no dyno.

Quick Reply: Wake up S/S!!