The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Cobra vs cam/d1 srt8.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 05:15 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Should be a really close drivers race. TC will stomp him. Get vidddzzz.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

The slicks & skinny should be huge. I've heard of guys shaving 2/10ths with that. Should be close til you spray then it should get ugly. What E/T do you have in your head for the car this year.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:16 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I would have thought he'd make more with the D1SC and a cam, especially on the 6.1

They're heavy, but depending on the cam, he should be making a decent amount of low end torque. Those skinnies will help out with that tank! lol

Something doesn't add up though.. He's trapping decent for the mods, but the ET seems a little off comparing to similar modded SRT-8's on the forums I am on...
Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

^ are you saying the et's are faster or slower than others? Personally I think that's a fast *** charger as I haven't seen any faster, but I rarely see any modded. At work a guys working on finishing a charger with an all aluminum 426, edelbrock blower on ~14 lbs with meth and nitrous. But it's from out of state so I'll never see it run lol

Blue, for et's I'm hoping for a high 10 without nitrous, but not right away. I'm sure it'll take tweaking and changes and seat time so maybe a couple months from now. Realistically I'm Hoping for 11.2's or so at around 125, and on spray mid 10's around 133+.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:45 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
^ are you saying the et's are faster or slower than others? Personally I think that's a fast *** charger as I haven't seen any faster, but I rarely see any modded. At work a guys working on finishing a charger with an all aluminum 426, edelbrock blower on ~14 lbs with meth and nitrous. But it's from out of state so I'll never see it run lol

Blue, for et's I'm hoping for a high 10 without nitrous, but not right away. I'm sure it'll take tweaking and changes and seat time so maybe a couple months from now. Realistically I'm Hoping for 11.2's or so at around 125, and on spray mid 10's around 133+.
D1SC is a pretty good sized blower. I thought he would be running faster times, but the traps sound healthy.

Those 426's move as well

133 trap speed, I really doubt he'll be catching you though lol
Old 03-20-2013, 07:19 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

I'm not planning on spraying against him, if I can't beat him without it then ill give him the W.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:21 AM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
I'm not planning on spraying against him, if I can't beat him without it then ill give him the W.
you better take the bottle out and record that it's not in your car otherwise he will say he beat you while you had the bottle.

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
LIES!
of course it was a lie lol.

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Should be a really close drivers race. TC will stomp him. Get vidddzzz.
Idk, according to the charger guy he's going to beat CT and walk my "drag car." I can't wait until this race happens. I've been waiting to hand him his *** again all fall/winter. oh and we will be getting gopro videos and what not at the track.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:39 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

^ that's my plan. I know just disconnecting the bottle won't be enough, as if I beat him he'll try and say I reconnected it in the staging lanes or some bs. I can't wait for spring!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:43 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

GL greddy should be a hell of a run!! Cant wait to hear the results but ill give you the edge.

I know at the local 1/4 there are some fast challengers and chargers even a fast 300c lol they range from 12.8 n/a all the way to 9.6's with a procharger.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I really don't think this Dodge stands a chance at the track, just going by what I've seen. Seems like the more power they make the harder they are to do much with. From a roll should be close though.

Quick Reply: Cobra vs cam/d1 srt8.