The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Not really sure where to put this.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 01:30 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

I feel that I have seen you on 880 before. Is your car hella loud? If you have you may just think I'm a typical black GT since I'm a Black Bullitt. I'm the only one in the area with an IRS swap, so that'll be your key to know if its me.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Yeah it's fairly loud due to the Borla stingers. But it can also be another red GT(different shade and year I think 02+) with a blacked out decklid but he has an 03 front bumper and from the looks of it he might be boosted because I saw an intercooler. His car is also lowered, don't know the guy but I've seen his car parked whenever I go over to my friend's house. And I can tell Bullits from a mile away(exaggerating but you get the point) . I know a real one because of the small window is different from the regular GTs and the dual exhaust without the spoiler. But from my rear view it's a bit hard since the Bullits don't have fog lights. How do you like the IRS swap, is it worth it? Do you know if it adds any extra weight compared to the live axle?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:11 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

I have seen that Gt before. I think he lives by chabot college. I've been trying to run him for sometime. I'll keep an eye out for you now.

I have an 03/04 bumper on mine too. I like the IRS. There is weight added but I think it's in the right spot being at the rear wheels. I ran a 13.7 with bald tires, heavy deep dish Bullitts and the IRS. It adds approximately 75lbs to the rear of the car but the ride is nice.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

You might see him around Union Landing. I know there's a gathering there every Friday and it seems like people do some runs on 880. A bunch of muscle cars and imports show up, most of them seem like pretty cool guys but you get those people who try to bring unwanted parking lot attention. I haven't been there in awhile so I'm not sure if they still meet up there. I think it'll be a fun run for you but I do know that he got all of his upgrades within a short time frame so I'm not sure what else he's done to it since I last saw his car. Anyways if you do see me just give me a honk. I'm always on 880 during rush hour going south to San Jose.

Yeah I saw your pictures, it's really clean! I've been kind of debating whether or not I should change my front bumper but cosmetics is just an afterthought for now. I might actually try to go for a sleeper look. 75lbs isn't too bad, for some reason it looks a lot heavier than the live axle. The ride on the stock setup is pretty rouch so I might swap to IRS once I have enough money. Did you have gears when you did 13.7 and did you do the swap yourself?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:41 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Subbz
On another note, what would I need to do to hit 11s? And is it possible to have a daily driven 11 second car?
Boost, UPR suspension, and sticky tires.

Quick question. Would I have to replace the stock block itself if I want to go over 400hp? Or would it be fine with a forged rotating assembly? Also, what type of cams would work with a blower?
The stock block is plenty strong. A forged rotating assembly, Trick Flow H/C/I package, and a Procharger would make more power than you can really use on the street... but it would be fun!!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Boost, UPR suspension, and sticky tires.

The stock block is plenty strong. A forged rotating assembly, Trick Flow H/C/I package, and a Procharger would make more power than you can really use on the street... but it would be fun!!
Yeah definite plus on the suspension and sticky tires! I almost completely forgot about them since I was more focused on strengthening the engine. Do you know how much the stock block is capable of? Because I think I've read somewhere about someone replacing it with a forged aluminum block. I'm not sure if it was because the stock block wasn't able to handle the HP or what? I'm guessing to shave off weight and to be on the safe side? Also regardless if I can use it on the street or not I like the idea of having fun .
Old 06-26-2013, 06:53 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Yeah definite plus on the suspension and sticky tires! I almost completely forgot about them since I was more focused on strengthening the engine. Do you know how much the stock block is capable of? Because I think I've read somewhere about someone replacing it with a forged aluminum block. I'm not sure if it was because the stock block wasn't able to handle the HP or what? I'm guessing to shave off weight and to be on the safe side? Also regardless if I can use it on the street or not I like the idea of having fun .

Blocks aren't a weak point on these cars. You hear about people using Ford Teksid aluminum blocks, but unless you're making over 1000hp, I wouldn't even worry about the block itself. It's the rotating assembly and oil pump that need to be upgraded.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Blocks aren't a weak point on these cars. You hear about people using Ford Teksid aluminum blocks, but unless you're making over 1000hp, I wouldn't even worry about the block itself. It's the rotating assembly and oil pump that need to be upgraded.
That's good to know thanks! I don't think I'm gonna be making 1000 hp anytime soon so that's one thing I don't have to worry about.