The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

ctgreddy vs mrtstang take 3 or 4 or whatever it is

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 08:18 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Greddy is scared :P

Did they tune it on a dyno? What were the numbers if so?
I aint scured! I was ready last weekend, I'm going camping with the girlfriend this weekend so cant get out of it lol.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:50 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Stone, Greddy and I should be a very good run both n/a and bottle. First of all let me state that when the tuner tells you up front that his dyno (a Mustang dyno in this case) in a real ball breaker, you know not to get too excited lol. With that said it made 420/380 n/a, and 490/510 on the 100 shot. The a/f on the nitrous was 11.8 (only 3 degrees of timing was pulled as well) and 12.8 n/a. I was a bit disappointed with only 70 hp on the juice, but my tuner said 70-80 hp on a 100 shot is very typical at his shop. I kind of want to disagree with him lol, but it is what it is...I can always bump it up at any time As it is now, I can't hook whatsoever from a second gear roll, so what would be the point of bumping it up right now anyways lol. The car is noticeably a little stronger n/a as well. The larger cam, higher compression (11:4 vs the old 10:8) and added cubes do make a noticeable difference...not huge but noticeable. I'm gonna throw it on the Dynojet dyno where I made my 405 rwhp with the old setup, and see what I truly gained. The new tune is MUCH better as well. I think Greddy and I will be a very tight race

Last edited by mrtstang; 08-08-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:47 PM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

he scurrred! lol.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
I aint scured! I was ready last weekend, I'm going camping with the girlfriend this weekend so cant get out of it lol.
Excuses!

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Stone, Greddy and I should be a very good run both n/a and bottle. First of all let me state that when the tuner tells you up front that his dyno (a Mustang dyno in this case) in a real ball breaker, you know not to get too excited lol. With that said it made 420/380 n/a, and 490/510 on the 100 shot. The a/f on the nitrous was 11.8 (only 3 degrees of timing was pulled as well) and 12.8 n/a. I was a bit disappointed with only 70 hp on the juice, but my tuner said 70-80 hp on a 100 shot is very typical at his shop. I kind of want to disagree with him lol, but it is what it is...I can always bump it up at any time As it is now, I can't hook whatsoever from a second gear roll, so what would be the point of bumping it up right now anyways lol. The car is noticeably a little stronger n/a as well. The larger cam, higher compression (11:4 vs the old 10:8) and added cubes do make a noticeable difference...not huge but noticeable. I'm gonna throw it on the Dynojet dyno where I made my 405 rwhp with the old setup, and see what I truly gained. The new tune is MUCH better as well. I think Greddy and I will be a very tight race
Sounds like a damn nice gain to me! Being a ball breaker of a mustang dyno, those numbers are very respectable over your old numbers that were taken on a more generous dyno. I don't think it'll be as close as you're expecting (no offense Greddy, both of you yanks are faster than me ).

Originally Posted by TCStangerv6
he scurrred! lol.
Oh yea, he's skeered.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:29 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Stone i've asked a few of the big sponsors over on the LS1 tech forums what my combo would make on their Dynojet and i've heard 450-475 rwhp, so i'm hoping that's really about what i'll see when I hit that same Dynojet as last year. I appreciate the vote of confidence, but i'm still standing by the fact that we will be a VERY tight race, and here is why...basically I gained about a 100 lbs, and Greddy has lost a 100 lbs or so in street trim...putting us at a very similar weight I would imagine. Our hp numbers should be close I would think, but he will still have a pretty big tq advantage...off the bottle I mean. On the bottle...i'm not sure what to expect to be honest lol

Oh and as far as being faster than you...the only way that would happen is from a roll...anything less than that you would smoke me i'm sure lol

Last edited by mrtstang; 08-09-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Stone i've asked a few of the big sponsors over on the LS1 tech forums what my combo would make on their Dynojet and i've heard 450-475 rwhp, so i'm hoping that's really about what i'll see when I hit that same Dynojet as last year. I appreciate the vote of confidence, but i'm still standing by the fact that we will be a VERY tight race, and here is why...basically I gained about a 100 lbs, and Greddy has lost a 100 lbs or so in street trim...putting us at a very similar weight I would imagine. Our hp numbers should be close I would think, but he will still have a pretty big tq advantage...off the bottle I mean. On the bottle...i'm not sure what to expect to be honest lol

Oh and as far as being faster than you...the only way that would happen is from a roll...anything less than that you would smoke me i'm sure lol
Ohh damn, didn't know about the weight changes. That 200lb difference will be a big variable, more so than the TQ difference which I think is a complicated subject. Greddy made MUCH more TQ than me when he and I ran, but in the higher RPMs that TQ seems to diminish as a benefit. When are you guys running? This weekend?

Only chance I stand against you is from a dig, and only on the track. From a roll, you'd destroy my car. So would Greddy. I gotta bite the bullet and step it up. Do a shot or something.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:38 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Ohh damn, didn't know about the weight changes. That 200lb difference will be a big variable, more so than the TQ difference which I think is a complicated subject. Greddy made MUCH more TQ than me when he and I ran, but in the higher RPMs that TQ seems to diminish as a benefit. When are you guys running? This weekend?

Only chance I stand against you is from a dig, and only on the track. From a roll, you'd destroy my car. So would Greddy. I gotta bite the bullet and step it up. Do a shot or something.
Dude i'm telling you, even a 75-100 shot will be a very nice little kick in the a$$, and will last a long time on the street! Greddy is out of town this weekend, so hopefully next. Yo do make a good point about the torque though. Not just peak numbers, but how it's made, where it's made, how long it carries, drops, etc...
Old 08-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Dude i'm telling you, even a 75-100 shot will be a very nice little kick in the a$$, and will last a long time on the street! Greddy is out of town this weekend, so hopefully next. Yo do make a good point about the torque though. Not just peak numbers, but how it's made, where it's made, how long it carries, drops, etc...
Oh yea, for sure..a 100 shot would push my pile into to high 10s pretty consistently as long as I do my part on the 60'. I haven't ruled it out

I forgot Greddy is camping with his lady this weekend....poor girl
Old 08-11-2013, 08:10 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Oh yea, for sure..a 100 shot would push my pile into to high 10s pretty consistently as long as I do my part on the 60'. I haven't ruled it out

I forgot Greddy is camping with his lady this weekend....poor girl
hell no it was poor me. The weekend sucked, My DD took a **** 20 minutes after I left my apartment so I ended up having to take the cobra up north(pretty bad when your race car is more dependable than your dd lol). then went on a 4 hour canoe trip saturday and got totally fried, and think I got sun poisoning. I would have much rather stayed here and raced mrt LOL.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:13 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Well Greddy....I bet you got to your destination.... #faster

Quick Reply: ctgreddy vs mrtstang take 3 or 4 or whatever it is