The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Every M3 owner seems to one a piece of my 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 07:44 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

All this talk of racing makes me jealous.

I need some DRs and a driver mod come spring.

If I ever go to the track stock ill be the 12.4@122 guy
Old 12-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rios04GT
I don't know what's with M3 owners. I am talking about the E46 owners, it seems like they have something to proof. All 3 owners that have pulled next to me have seen my taillights.
Most M3 owners have nothing to prove...They own a Luxury German made car that set the bar for handling and performance. If they can afford it... They've earned it....and odds are their other car is a Mustang.

You see, I am all for a friendly race as long as it kept within safe speeds. Most other owners seem to want to have a friendly race and just give it a go, even some Camaro owners share the fun. The M3s that pulled next to me, once they loose, they disappear very pissed. Were they expected to win or something?
What is considered a safe speed if you're street racing. It would only seem logical that if your goal is to win that race...the intention isn't to go the speed limit.

and clearly the only way to know the M3 owner is pissed would be to pull up beside them and ask or observe them. Which clearly isn't possible if they are gone. likely on their way to a date at a fancy restaurant or club.

Not trying to diminish your story, as if you lost to a guy with a Boss intake....
Embellishment is fun though.

just sayin.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:39 AM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cruzinaround
Most M3 owners have nothing to prove...They own a Luxury German made car that set the bar for handling and performance. If they can afford it... They've earned it....and odds are their other car is a Mustang.

What is considered a safe speed if you're street racing. It would only seem logical that if your goal is to win that race...the intention isn't to go the speed limit.

and clearly the only way to know the M3 owner is pissed would be to pull up beside them and ask or observe them. Which clearly isn't possible if they are gone. likely on their way to a date at a fancy restaurant or club.

Not trying to diminish your story, as if you lost to a guy with a Boss intake....
Embellishment is fun though.

just sayin.

I know I don't get it either, if they have nothing to prove why do they even bother pulling next me while dropping a gear or two and then smashing the throttle. I suppose that's just how they drive.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:53 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

They do it for the same reason you do. It's fun. If you have nothing to prove why do you race them if you think their acting out????
Old 12-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

I know I don't get it either, if they have nothing to prove why do they even bother pulling next me while dropping a gear or two and then smashing the throttle. I suppose that's just how they drive.
The M3 has a pretty nice raspy tone when you mash the throttle...But it's extremely quiet otherwise. My wife jabs the throttle when she wants to know the car is actually on.

Typically if there is a Azshat next to me who blips the throttle and wants to go I roll down the window and tell them to meet me on the parkway where there are far fewer vehicles than the avenues between the lights. Its much safer that way and does not endanger the lives of others who share the road with me. And leaves a larger buffer between me and the obstacles I could be approaching at a high speed in front of me. And if i spin out to the side I likely only endanger myself and not pedestrians or private property on the side of the road.

Its safer to close off a good run on the highway/pkway by slowing down the cars behind us to about 20 to 30 MPH then taking off from a roll after three "honks" especially if there are cars on there at the time. If its a relatively empty time of the day a group of friends in other cars can do a momentary stop while the challengers setup for a go at it from a "DIG"

Or I compliment that aszhat on their ride and invite them to the scheduled open time at the Pocono Downs for either the 1/8 or 1/4 mile strip or the rally courses. But, I never do the light to light thing anymore. Seen too many people lose control and kill themselves and others doing it. And myself when I was a lot younger and driving this Beast at the time...

It was more sleeper then aesthetic pleaser...this ride almost killed me on one of the public avenues when I couldn't stop in time and had to take it up on a curb and almost hit a pedestrian with a baby stroller and swerved to avoid that and slowed down into a street lamp. WHITE KNUCKLES WAS THE LEAST OF MY CONCERNS.

From then on it was about being more responsible and knowing where and when it was safe to get on it. My dad would say..."Son you got nothing to prove unless you're insecure about yourself and see this car as an extension of your *****" , "otherwise there's the Hampton's raceway, Englishtown or the Poconos" Or the college roads where the police actually rope off the roads to have drag racing fun....Yes back in those days the cops did this.

I can say for certain... That its more than likely the M3 owners "let off" and let you walk away rather than put themselves in a situation where they could kill someone with over 2 tons of German engineering.

--says the tool to the aszhat--

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 12-11-2013 at 08:57 AM. Reason: aszhat requires wisdom
Old 12-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
They do it for the same reason you do. It's fun. If you have nothing to prove why do you race them if you think their acting out????
Because I do have something to prove lol. I am jk I was just been sarcastic in my previous comment, I too just race for fun, win or loose I will give the thumbs up or the peace sign to the other guy.

Last edited by Rios04GT; 12-11-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

The M3 has a pretty nice raspy tone when you mash the throttle...But it's extremely quiet otherwise. My wife jabs the throttle when she wants to know the car is actually on.

Typically if there is a Azshat next to me who blips the throttle and wants to go I roll down the window and tell them to meet me on the parkway where there are far fewer vehicles than the avenues between the lights. Its much safer that way and does not endanger the lives of others who share the road with me. And leaves a larger buffer between me and the obstacles I could be approaching at a high speed in front of me. And if i spin out to the side I likely only endanger myself and not pedestrians or private property on the side of the road.

Its safer to close off a good run on the highway/pkway by slowing down the cars behind us to about 20 to 30 MPH then taking off from a roll after three "honks" especially if there are cars on there at the time. If its a relatively empty time of the day a group of friends in other cars can do a momentary stop while the challengers setup for a go at it from a "DIG"

Or I compliment that aszhat on their ride and invite them to the scheduled open time at the Pocono Downs for either the 1/8 or 1/4 mile strip or the rally courses. But, I never do the light to light thing anymore. Seen too many people lose control and kill themselves and others doing it. And myself when I was a lot younger and driving this Beast at the time...

It was more sleeper then aesthetic pleaser...this ride almost killed me on one of the public avenues when I couldn't stop in time and had to take it up on a curb and almost hit a pedestrian with a baby stroller and swerved to avoid that and slowed down into a street lamp. WHITE KNUCKLES WAS THE LEAST OF MY CONCERNS.

From then on it was about being more responsible and knowing where and when it was safe to get on it. My dad would say..."Son you got nothing to prove unless you're insecure about yourself and see this car as an extension of your *****" , "otherwise there's the Hampton's raceway, Englishtown or the Poconos" Or the college roads where the police actually rope off the roads to have drag racing fun....Yes back in those days the cops did this.

I can say for certain... That its more than likely the M3 owners "let off" and let you walk away rather than put themselves in a situation where they could kill someone with over 2 tons of German engineering.

--says the tool to the aszhat--

It was actually me the one braking first against the two M3s, and pretty much everyone I have race really. Besides 2003-04 M3s come with like 330 ponies, and are down on torque which is more important from a roll, that's how it went with the 2 M3s. I am yet to come upon the newer M3s (v8s), those are dead even stock, compared to stock 5.0s.

Cops do kind of let us race in an empty street near by, which close to the cruising street on Sundays. I am sure all the cops are aware of this street but they are never there. Word is that as long as there are no spectators, cops will not go there. They usually just keep the cruising street on check instead. Specially when it gets out of hand as you can see in this video.

Last edited by Rios04GT; 12-11-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: reading composition
Old 12-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

If its not a V8...its not the "real" German made muscle car standard....its the pre-V8 pocket rocket that runs on pickle juice from sauerkraut. A post performance standard target. If these are what is annoying you and you have nothing to prove... its best to wave them off.

As for the cops ignoring that area.... that never lasts. When someone dies or gets seriously hurt...they'll shut it down. You want a place the cops actually close off for that purpose. That's how it used to happen back in the day. And with the paramedics as part of the spectators.

Or WOT on the Freeway/Hwy with no traffic.

Or at a sanctioned track.

Then again if you're braking first then its not like they disappeared on you. At which point you can address their reasons for getting on it... Or they might just wind up thinking they were about to reel you in and were going to win. Then that's when you let off.

Just Sayin

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 12-11-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: making sense
Old 12-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

If its not a V8...its not the "real" German made muscle car standard....its the pre-V8 pocket rocket that runs on pickle juice from sauerkraut. A post performance standard target. If these are what is annoying you and you have nothing to prove... its best to wave them off.

As for the cops ignoring that area.... that never lasts. When someone dies or gets seriously hurt...they'll shut it down. You want a place the cops actually close off for that purpose. That's how it used to happen back in the day. And with the paramedics as part of the spectators.

Or WOT on the Freeway/Hwy with no traffic.

Or at a sanctioned track.

Then again if you're braking first then its not like they disappeared on you. At which point you can address their reasons for getting on it... Or they might just wind up thinking they were about to reel you in and were going to win. Then that's when you let off.

Just Sayin

Sorry but I am kind of confuse, you are always contradicting yourself and preaching safety when it's pretty clear from your previous post that you too break the law, it just doesn't make any sense. If you have some kind of bipolar disorder I apologize.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

You realize that car I broke the law in was from the 80's. And I was a high school aged kid that thought he was superhuman.

Or do you now get it?

Or are you just getting tired of making up stories???

Quick Reply: Every M3 owner seems to one a piece of my 5.0