The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Drag radials???

Old 12-17-2013, 07:00 PM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

Default Drag radials???

Looking for some input. Plan on running Atco this spring. ( NJ DRAG STRIP)
Old 12-17-2013, 10:19 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

what are you asking for? recommendations for which kind to run or how much they'll help your times?

I'll answer both since I'm bored, but if wear isn't much of an issue go for either m&h or et streets. If you want them to last a while then go for nitto 555r's or toyo tq dr's. I've run the 555r's and tq's on a street setup and had et streets on a big n little setup, et streets are deff the best imo. 555r's and tq's are basically the same in my eyes. similar grip, wear, etc. only difference is 555r sizing runs a little smaller and the tq's seem to be cheaper.

as far as how much they'll help, it all depends on the 60' times you have gotten now and what your cars capable of. assuming you have a '12 v6 like it shows in your info, then a mid 1.7 60' is probably pretty likely with a set of dr's. if your previous best times were with 2.0 60's then you can probably expect close to half a second in et just with tires. I'm sort of guessing on all that tho since I dunno for sure what you have, your mods, your previous times/experience, etc.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:42 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Drag radials are good.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:07 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Id also recomend micky thompsons or nittos. But I like the nitto nt05s. Ill be trying out a used set of 555Rs on my camaro as soon as atco reopens. Ill let you know how they work.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:48 PM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
what are you asking for? recommendations for which kind to run or how much they'll help your times?

I'll answer both since I'm bored, but if wear isn't much of an issue go for either m&h or et streets. If you want them to last a while then go for nitto 555r's or toyo tq dr's. I've run the 555r's and tq's on a street setup and had et streets on a big n little setup, et streets are deff the best imo. 555r's and tq's are basically the same in my eyes. similar grip, wear, etc. only difference is 555r sizing runs a little smaller and the tq's seem to be cheaper.

as far as how much they'll help, it all depends on the 60' times you have gotten now and what your cars capable of. assuming you have a '12 v6 like it shows in your info, then a mid 1.7 60' is probably pretty likely with a set of dr's. if your previous best times were with 2.0 60's then you can probably expect close to half a second in et just with tires. I'm sort of guessing on all that tho since I dunno for sure what you have, your mods, your previous times/experience, etc.
Thanks for all the info. The car is supercharged, putting down 452 at the wheels.
1st 2nd and 3rd are tough when in it! I really don't want to run without them.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:49 PM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Id also recomend micky thompsons or nittos. But I like the nitto nt05s. Ill be trying out a used set of 555Rs on my camaro as soon as atco reopens. Ill let you know how they work.
Maybe I'll see you there!

Thanks
Old 12-18-2013, 06:39 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

well then a set of dr's are deff a must. Basically it comes down to what I said earlier, do you want something stickier but that doesn't last as long, or that lasts a while but isn't quite as sticky.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:21 PM
runninpony6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
well then a set of dr's are deff a must. Basically it comes down to what I said earlier, do you want something stickier but that doesn't last as long, or that lasts a while but isn't quite as sticky.
Looking for sticky. Don't think I'm going to run it a lot. Long lasting is not a concern.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:06 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Does it have a manual transmission, or an automatic?

If it's a stick, you might even consider slicks.

Also, lower control arms like these:
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ushing-05.html

And shocks like these:
http://www.uprproducts.com/strange-m...-shock-05.html

^^really help to plant that horsepower.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

you have a V6 - you don't need DRs

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drag radials???