The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

new build requires new guesses on numbers/times

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 11:43 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I know your a drag radial guy but ever think about a set of 15 inch wheels & slicks?
I think you have me confused with someone else lol. I've been running 16" wheels with 28x10 Hoosier slicks every time. When these tires are junk I'll go down th the 15 with a 27" slick.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:44 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Sounds exciting! How much more weight can you drop? And how would you do against TC?
Probably won't drop any weight. The weight I'll be gaining from te heavy kb will be zero'd out if I take the nitrous off. And I'll be nowhere near tc. He'll still have 100 more whp on me and an auto.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:44 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
I think you have me confused with someone else lol. I've been running 16" wheels with 28x10 Hoosier slicks every time. When these tires are junk I'll go down th the 15 with a 27" slick.
My bad. The 15" will help the tire wrinkle a little and get that sixty down a bit more.

Probably won't drop any weight. The weight I'll be gaining from te heavy kb will be zero'd out if I take the nitrous off. And I'll be nowhere near tc. He'll still have 100 more whp on me and an auto.
Not to many in this section punching in his weight class right now.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 08-29-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:59 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I'm wondering how the KB upgrade will compare to the nitrous/ported blower. I know the KB is way above just a ported/pulley Eaton, but would the nitrous on top of that set-up be pretty close to the KB? Or is it still a night and day difference?
Old 08-29-2014, 08:50 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I'm wondering how the KB upgrade will compare to the nitrous/ported blower. I know the KB is way above just a ported/pulley Eaton, but would the nitrous on top of that set-up be pretty close to the KB? Or is it still a night and day difference?
I think it'll be a little quicker than the eaton/nitrous but not a huge difference. I'll be gaining like 30-40 whp but losing that much torque. It'll be nice having all that power all the time tho.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:36 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I think it'll be a little quicker than the eaton/nitrous but not a huge difference. I'll be gaining like 30-40 whp but losing that much torque. It'll be nice having all that power all the time tho.
I'd rather have available power all the time vs dealing with nitrous. I think you'll bump 10s for the simple fact that the KB will always run the same every single time (between cool downs) so you'll be able to zero it in better for better passes. The 27s will help a lot too, give you some of that gear ratio back.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:07 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Colin, remember that 600 rwhp KB Cobra you ran a while back? You guys were pretty much dead nuts right? And that was before your port IIRC. Being the you and I were like "dead even" (after your port obviously) I think it will be real interesting between you and I after you get up and running
Old 09-01-2014, 09:48 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Colin, remember that 600 rwhp KB Cobra you ran a while back? You guys were pretty much dead nuts right? And that was before your port IIRC. Being the you and I were like "dead even" (after your port obviously) I think it will be real interesting between you and I after you get up and running
I think my car if it makes the power it should would walk right away from that kb cobra. He was full weight and only 594whp. If we would of had a clean 40-130 race i think I woulda pulled a tad on him, and being my car was only 530whp then I cant imagine what another 100whp would do against him.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:11 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

That should be an awfully fun ride... I miss my 2003 all the time.

It won't just be the extra HP, but the DT loss and the power curves you will get back by the KB. I am going (this week) to my 2.8 LC Mammoth on my Shelby... A couple of Snake upgrades

But, I would think you'd not only walk away from that guy, but I think you could knock into the mid 10's no problem.. after a while, and you get the car tuned in.. I would expect even better.. I mean, 2013 GT Autos are running that (mid/high 10s) with a like power...

Where is your car weight now?

Last edited by xxkazp3rxx; 09-01-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:10 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I think my car if it makes the power it should would walk right away from that kb cobra. He was full weight and only 594whp. If we would of had a clean 40-130 race i think I woulda pulled a tad on him, and being my car was only 530whp then I cant imagine what another 100whp would do against him.
Absolutely! But what I was implying is that you at 530 rwhp was pretty even with him at 594 rwhp...With a slight nod to you likely. Now at 550 rwhp you should cover him fairly easy and maybe be very close to your new setup....maybe the slight nod going to your new setup. Thus meaning it might be a tight run between you and I with a slight edge going to you most likely. I think it will be interesting for sure

Quick Reply: new build requires new guesses on numbers/times