The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

HellCat Hype..

Old 02-28-2015, 09:55 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default HellCat Hype..

What do you guys think about all the hype about the HellCat??

I respect it and all, but I have always been a fan of "Built, Not Bought"..

Not gonna lie.. I am not rich by any means, but I have my targets set on the HellCat. I don't wanna just beat it off the line, I wanna leave it in the DUST.

707hp and these dorks wanna race from a roll? I have AWD bitches lol

It's called Drag Racing.. not Hag Racing!!!!
Old 03-01-2015, 12:10 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Stealth, you been drinkin again? AWD is nice but you might want to find another 300 or 400 HP if your going to leave on of those in the dust.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:40 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...L086564AB.html

http://www.shophemi.com/p-2575-64-vv...n-upgrade.aspx

Baby steps my friend

I may be able to get a bare block for much much less than $3,000 but not a lot of builders/shops are wanting to let go of theirs...

I just been hiding away plotting and probing ( mostly probing lol )

Even if I run all motor with the stock 392 heads and forged pistons for a while, low 12's is better than low 13's... and still much less than a 392 long block ( $10k/w core, zoinks! )

From what I seen, the HellCat's can't launch for shiet off the line. Lots of rich folks up here ( oil companies ) gonna scoop these up I bet. I seen a bunch of 392's, GT500's and SRT's for sale up here already.. looks like they're trading up!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:28 PM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
What do you guys think about all the hype about the HellCat??

I respect it and all, but I have always been a fan of "Built, Not Bought"..

Not gonna lie.. I am not rich by any means, but I have my targets set on the HellCat. I don't wanna just beat it off the line, I wanna leave it in the DUST
The thing about the Hellcat over yours (bought over built) is that in 10 / 20 years, the HC has a much better chance of being worth some good money. Yours won't be worth anything by then. If you love building a car, your way (that I agree with) is much more fun.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:19 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

you're kidding right? my car isn't worth anything now, let alone 10-20 years from now lol.. once enough dealerships offer you $20k for your one year old car ( ouch!), even if it's a base model I expected a little more than that... other options tend to pop in your head

I seen a lot of videos on youtube Lately on HellCat's.. I wish they lived up to the hype.. unless the drivers just suck lol

I am a big fan of them, don't get me wrong..
Old 03-01-2015, 10:20 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

And yes, I had been drinking
Old 03-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Here's my take on the Hellkitty. Its a 700hp car. It weighs as much as a truck. Meaning its a very tough car to get the numbers and runs out of it that its actually capable of. You take 95% of the drivers buying these Hellcats, put them in a stock Mach 1, and I guarantee you they won't be able to break into the 13s much less run the low 13 a Mach is capable of. So, you can imagine what a disaster it is putting them behind the wheel of a 700 hp car that isn't exactly known for hooking even in the SRT version with 200hp less. Put an experienced driver behind the wheel of one of those things with a decent tire under it and they'll live up to the hype.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:21 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

So what do you think you'd run in one stone? HotRod magazine did a video with the traction control on and ran an 11.2 on drag radials. If I'm driving I'm turning TC off and going for it!
Old 03-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
So what do you think you'd run in one stone? HotRod magazine did a video with the traction control on and ran an 11.2 on drag radials. If I'm driving I'm turning TC off and going for it!
14's probably, lol.

Man, I think if I could have the car for a couple months, make a few trips to the track and learn the car, AND had at least some drag radials I could replicate that 11.2 Hotrod mag ran. I'd like to think over time I'd be able to crack a 10.9 glory pass. I'd never leave it as a drag radial only car though. I'd pull as much weight as I could and get some proper drag wheels on it asap, run some mid 10s.

What do you think, could you get a 10 out of it?
Old 03-07-2015, 02:54 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Here at Atco I think I could run high 10 on a tire just because it's a fast track. There would be a learning curve for sure but that's the fun of racing. Figuring everything out.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 03-07-2015 at 02:57 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HellCat Hype..