The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

HellCat Hype..

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 04:47 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Here's my take on the Hellkitty. Its a 700hp car. It weighs as much as a truck. Meaning its a very tough car to get the numbers and runs out of it that its actually capable of. You take 95% of the drivers buying these Hellcats, put them in a stock Mach 1, and I guarantee you they won't be able to break into the 13s much less run the low 13 a Mach is capable of. So, you can imagine what a disaster it is putting them behind the wheel of a 700 hp car that isn't exactly known for hooking even in the SRT version with 200hp less. Put an experienced driver behind the wheel of one of those things with a decent tire under it and they'll live up to the hype.
Ditto.. so many Richie Richie's up here due to the oil companies, I can see a bunch of HellCat's rolling around this summer lol. I'd like to see them try and launch it at a light vs my AWD launches, but knowing those cars, they'd more likely loose control.. with so many street racing tragedies in the news lately, maybe not a good idea lol

I think with practice, you could get a clean 10 second run out of it with the right tires
Old 03-07-2015, 08:49 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Ditto.. so many Richie Richie's up here due to the oil companies, I can see a bunch of HellCat's rolling around this summer lol. I'd like to see them try and launch it at a light vs my AWD launches, but knowing those cars, they'd more likely loose control.. with so many street racing tragedies in the news lately, maybe not a good idea lol

I think with practice, you could get a clean 10 second run out of it with the right tires
Stealth, I guarantee that in real world light to light spur of the moment racing, your stalled AWD would get the jump 90% of the time. I'm sure it wouldn't take long before one of those things would run you down and probably peel the paint off your car as it blew past, but I'd say up to 65mph or so you'd get out front.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:08 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

That's if they knew how to drive lol.. the Telsa vs HellCat video online is kind of sad but hilarious to watch. Poor guy will never be able to live that one down! lol

I am considering taking a look at some older 392's with the stick shift, even if they're a handful to launch, it must be a ton of fun driving one of those things. I'll just park it in the winter!
Old 03-13-2015, 09:53 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

These little hellkitties might be heavy but they're pretty quick! Maybe it's just because I haven't driven anything fast in a few months but I drove our shop with the lowsy black key(450whp) and it felt pretty damn quick. It ran right with our other shop car(550whp chevy ss) on the highway. Add another 200whp and it'd be crazy. I think the 8speed auto really helps tho, I dont think a manual one will be quite as fast.