The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Got another LS1

Old 05-10-2015, 06:52 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Stone gotta ask.. Who owns that car and do they wanna sell????
Old 05-10-2015, 07:01 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Track was shut down due to Mothers Day and tropical storm Ana. So you ran a close to a mid 13 on a 2.6? You gotta go easy on the launch man! 2.0-2.1s are average 60s, I managed a few 1.8s and 1.9s on street tires. Here is a pass with boltons a couple years ago..12.4 with exhaust, lid, tune.
Nice runs

How are you launching? I tried my best to feather the throttle but no luck, so I just end up nailing it lol

If I ran anything better I'd just get kicked off for the season anyways, which also sucks

Thinking about picking up one of these and hoping it passes.. gonna wrap the pillars white as well as the roof in a high glass Vinyl wrap.. not fooling anyone eh? lol

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=227

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=279
Old 05-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Stone gotta ask.. Who owns that car and do they wanna sell????
The black SS in the vid? I wish I knew. It went to an auction. I've been trying to track it down, no luck.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Nice runs

How are you launching? I tried my best to feather the throttle but no luck, so I just end up nailing it lol

If I ran anything better I'd just get kicked off for the season anyways, which also sucks

Thinking about picking up one of these and hoping it passes.. gonna wrap the pillars white as well as the roof in a high glass Vinyl wrap.. not fooling anyone eh? lol

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=227

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=279
Discipline! Trust that your car has instant tq and doesn't need to be stomped or stalled up! All you gotta do is bypass the water, spin your tires some, and then ROLL into the throttle. I push it about 1/3rd of the way to the floor, and as soon as I feel the squat I push it on down to the floor. You'll know once it has squatted and fully hooked. Takes some practice, but it works. Once you get tires you repeat the same process, only repeat it faster. With slicks, all but stomp it depending.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Yeah bro the black one! Man that car was a beast! Do you guys still have the Infiniti?
Old 05-10-2015, 07:11 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT

Best 60 ft. time was 2.6! Worse was 2.8! Buahahahhahhahah! Even if I could run better, I'd just get banned.. oh well.. took a nice cruise through the Valley with the top down so it's all good! I still got love for the Z!
Gotta little to used to that all wheel drive in the old cars huh? Another thing you can try. Find out what RPM your car wants to spin the tires when you power brake it. Then Hold the car right below that when you launch and Then let off the brake and give the gas pedal a controlled downward pressure. Maybe a 1000-1 count. Depending on what gears you have you should be in the 1.9-2.1 range with a perfect launch.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 05-10-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:38 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

The black SS in the vid? I wish I knew. It went to an auction. I've been trying to track it down, no luck.
You could always get the vin number and have a friend in law enforcement get into a national data base of vehicles.

Then just show up at their doorstep money in hand

Discipline! Trust that your car has instant tq and doesn't need to be stomped or stalled up! All you gotta do is bypass the water, spin your tires some, and then ROLL into the throttle. I push it about 1/3rd of the way to the floor, and as soon as I feel the squat I push it on down to the floor. You'll know once it has squatted and fully hooked. Takes some practice, but it works. Once you get tires you repeat the same process, only repeat it faster. With slicks, all but stomp it depending.
Dang it.. I guess I gave up too soon. I haven't driven a RWD with this much torque since 2011. I gotta do like you said and just trust it's nature ( Torque) and try to feather it a little bit instead of just blasting it off the line. I had to let off a few times because it simply just would not hook...

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Gotta little to used to that all wheel drive in the old cars huh? Another thing you can try. Find out what RPM your car wants to spin the tires when you power brake it. Then Hold the car right below that when you launch and Then let off the brake and give the gas pedal a controlled downward pressure. Maybe a 1000-1 count. Depending on what gears you have you should be in the 1.9-2.1 range with a perfect launch.
lol pretty much. I was gonna go grab the Charger with the new SRT8 Performance APP downloaded onto the car, but I figure I'd rather practice with the Z instead.

Drag radials would do my car a lot of good, but by then I'll just get booted. Pretty sure it's got some solid 13's in her. Just need a sticker tire and seat time.

I'll give your tips a shot next time I am there, but knowing my lead foot.. it'll be tough lol

3.23 gears, 4 speed auto. I think the stock stall is around 1,800. Once power kicks in around 3000 RPM's, it's like all hell breaks loose!
Old 05-10-2015, 09:19 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I don't see anywhere in writing about the 13.5 rule for convertibles.

http://www.alaskaracewaypark.com/wp-...Rules20151.pdf

Sorry for the thread jack!

I am gonna mod it to my wallets limits and sand bag it a few runs, than get drags and run all out til I get kicked out lol
Old 05-11-2015, 04:04 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Yeah bro the black one! Man that car was a beast! Do you guys still have the Infiniti?
I screwed up letting that car go. It was a rare low mileage SLP car at that. I SHOULD'VE put a cover on it and left it stock, and modded a cheap/half beat down one instead, like I'm doing now. We sold the infiniti too, traded for an AWD TBSS, then she wanted a Jeep so we traded again. Gotta keep the women happy, lol.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:24 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I screwed up letting that car go. It was a rare low mileage SLP car at that. I SHOULD'VE put a cover on it and left it stock, and modded a cheap/half beat down one instead, like I'm doing now. We sold the infiniti too, traded for an AWD TBSS, then she wanted a Jeep so we traded again. Gotta keep the women happy, lol.
Honestly, my Z is so clean, I am thinking about just getting some ZR1 Chrome rims, a Lid, tune and sweet sounding exhaust and keeping it as a cruiser summer car.

What are you opinions on the LT1's?? Bunk, huh? lol

I am thinking about picking one up and building a project car out of it, strictly for the track. No way I am hacking up a roll cage in this Z.. no way...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got another LS1