The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

The Camaro's gone!

Old 05-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Did you give anymore thought to the scat pack? Or we're you sold the second you drove the new Stang?
Old 05-09-2015, 09:57 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Did you give anymore thought to the scat pack? Or we're you sold the second you drove the new Stang?
I really liked the scat pack but I went to two different dodge dealers and they tried to rape me on trade in a few months ago. I went to the ford dealer today and they gave me a respectable trade and $500 over invoice on the price of the new car. The dodge is a very comfy car. They just think they are selling Ferrari's instead of challangers. I was super impressed with the Mustang. I scared my buddy when he let me drive his car on a curvy back road. The ride really is M3ish. The steering might be better than the current M3.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:04 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

I absolutely love the new style. My only negative about them is the front should be lower from the factory. But we had one guy come in with the dark green color, lowered, forgestars, and a custom grille and the car looked AMAZING. Sold me on the color and really made me want one.

A few tips, if you do headers, only do stainless works. I've installed those, arh's and kooks and while all are good the sw's are much better install/fitment wise. For cold airs, go airaid or jlt. As for catbacks, DONT go with stainless works. Too loud and obnoxious. Others I've heard are gibson and corsa. Corsa by far sounds the best on these cars but the only one i've installed was one that makes you cut your catback and uses the factory resonator. Not sure if they have other options but their mufflers sounded the best and tips line up the best.

You'll make ~410whp with cai/tune. and if you do headers they're between 440-450whp. The improved heads and intake manifold seemed to help nicely. And they LOOOOVE boost! Full exhaust, whipple 2.9 and 93 octane came out to 720whp. Stock fuel system minus the injectors too. Almost like they built the car for it!
Old 05-15-2015, 09:06 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I would have never thunk it but the 2015 (IMO) is the best looking Mustang of all time. Yeah I said it (flame suit on). Haven't really seen the interior of one but damn that rear end looks amazing! I saw a black one today at the car wash could only think of 1 word.... damn! Congrats Blue!
Old 05-15-2015, 09:09 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Not the best picture but this is without a doubt the best looking 2015 I've seen to date. the big *** intercooler doesn't hurt either .

Name:  1CB7A60B-4F2E-4AFA-BA45-959D8946BD04_zpssntb3dfg.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  255.9 KB
Old 05-15-2015, 11:28 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

The new GTs do look good with the right package. I was torn at first, but they have officially grown on me. Greddy, that pic you posted...dammit man!
Old 05-16-2015, 12:09 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
I absolutely love the new style. My only negative about them is the front should be lower from the factory. But we had one guy come in with the dark green color, lowered, forgestars, and a custom grille and the car looked AMAZING. Sold me on the color and really made me want one.

A few tips, if you do headers, only do stainless works. I've installed those, arh's and kooks and while all are good the sw's are much better install/fitment wise. For cold airs, go airaid or jlt. As for catbacks, DONT go with stainless works. Too loud and obnoxious. Others I've heard are gibson and corsa. Corsa by far sounds the best on these cars but the only one i've installed was one that makes you cut your catback and uses the factory resonator. Not sure if they have other options but their mufflers sounded the best and tips line up the best.

You'll make ~410whp with cai/tune. and if you do headers they're between 440-450whp. The improved heads and intake manifold seemed to help nicely. And they LOOOOVE boost! Full exhaust, whipple 2.9 and 93 octane came out to 720whp. Stock fuel system minus the injectors too. Almost like they built the car for it!
Your shop has probably worked on a few of the 2015s. What wheels are guys using for drag radials that are price friendly? The first mods that happen will be cold air intake, tune and drag radials. That should be good for high 11s at my track. I was actually demodding the Camaro today so I'll have a nice fund for the new mods. Anybody want to buy a set of headers and a tune for a 5th gen Camaro?My wife now wants a supercharger sinse she's seen the late model vido of the totally stock car going 10.8 with a blower and tires. Pretty impressive. The car I ordered will look exactly like this one.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 05-16-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:29 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Stick or Communist?
Old 05-16-2015, 12:36 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Its auto. Momma don't drive a stick to well. Auto is awesome for drag racing anyway.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:50 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

popular drag type setups are racestars. That's what we've got on our ecoboost. 17's front and back with a 28" slick. Regular pricing too, not like welds that are 600+ per rim.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Camaro's gone!