The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Doing big things with a tranny

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Explosive

Dabbled with the car tonight, got the holes drilled in the brackets and some primer on them. Was at a car show earlier as my buddy had his single turbo 6.0 camaro up there. He actually raced MRT last fall when he was NA and untuned. The car has bugs and is only on 3-4 lbs of boost and even with that its absolutely nuts. Will be turning it up to 7-9lbs shortly.

This car handed me my *** when it had an ls1 with LT's, 4000 stall and a cam.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:47 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Well, you gotta respect the technology, even if it's in a Comaro.

Congrats to your friend for a solid setup. That's gotta be a fun car.....
Old 08-31-2015, 12:39 PM
Explosive

Those cars confuse me, I used to hate them, the look is growing on me as people i have met the last couple years have them. If the engine bay wasnt so terrible id have gone to the dark side by now. Cruising behind him on the freeway and he made a WOT lane change from about 70mph across all three lanes leaving rubber behind him the whole way, its sick.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:27 AM
Explosive

Good news and bad news.

Bad news, I'm probably going to drain the gas and put some fresh stuff with stabil in and shove the car in the corner until next year. The cooler is about done, just need to see what fittings i need as I'm going to make steel braided lines coming off the modulator valve to the cooler and its done. Second bummer is the local shop that i had been working worth on my converter and was going to have button up the front end alignment is closing their doors this Friday which sucks as they were a great shop.

Name:  IMAG0506_zpsnba8fwlx.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  359.8 KB

Name:  IMAG0515_zpssimu43iw.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  283.8 KB

Good news, people finally came down to where i wanted to be on the house i was trying to buy in May so thats moving forward and has kind of put the car on hold for now.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:02 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Well, congrats on the house deal. What's it got for a garage ??? As that's the most important part lol.

And as for packing your car away, you'll change your mind in a couple weeks. Winter is still to far away, and we've got some beautiful fall days coming where the air is crisp, and the car seems to pick up another 50 hp just because.....
Old 09-19-2015, 12:26 PM
Explosive

garage is 20x24 so not bad, however its not the 40x64 pole barn with a hoist its sitting in right now lol.... I'm pumped/nervous as its my first home etc pretty big step.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:43 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
Those cars confuse me, I used to hate them, the look is growing on me as people i have met the last couple years have them. If the engine bay wasnt so terrible id have gone to the dark side by now. Cruising behind him on the freeway and he made a WOT lane change from about 70mph across all three lanes leaving rubber behind him the whole way, its sick.
lol it's not terrible. I need to do the spark plugs and wires soon on mine so my tune might change.

I am a mechanic so I have seen some really tight set ups ( 4.2 Audi being one of them or their S4 2.7 twin turbo's)

Mind if I share those pics of the Z on my Facebook?
Old 09-21-2015, 09:55 AM
Explosive

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
lol it's not terrible. I need to do the spark plugs and wires soon on mine so my tune might change.

I am a mechanic so I have seen some really tight set ups ( 4.2 Audi being one of them or their S4 2.7 twin turbo's)

Mind if I share those pics of the Z on my Facebook?
Yea he has some cheaper longtubes and clearance was horrific as was coil to firewall clearance. My 4 valve is cake lol

You can share the photos thank you for asking first.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I hate working on the back half of an LS1. I've done a few sets of headers, plug changes, etc. Its not as bad as some cars, but can be a bitch. Thats a nasty set-up though.

Congrats on the home, it'll be the best purchase you've made yet. And even if the garage isn't as nice as that barn, its still yours!
Old 09-26-2015, 06:47 AM
Explosive

Yea, its just exciting/scary at the same time. The garage isnt horrible its 22x30

Quick Reply: Doing big things with a tranny