The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Focus ST in my garage.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 07:34 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Stealth, I hated to see the Z28 go but I was going to have to either drop another $2500 replacing the trans/stall or just sale and pay off some stuff. It sucked but was a relief at the same time.

Blue, the RS is going to have a K04 from what I've read. Same 2.3 thats in the Mustang. I'm betting a tune will get that car around 400awhp and hopefully well over 400awtq.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:51 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Stealth, I hated to see the Z28 go but I was going to have to either drop another $2500 replacing the trans/stall or just sale and pay off some stuff. It sucked but was a relief at the same time.

Blue, the RS is going to have a K04 from what I've read. Same 2.3 thats in the Mustang. I'm betting a tune will get that car around 400awhp and hopefully well over 400awtq.
That sucks. Must have been on it's way out anyways for such a low price you got it for. I still drive mine around but considering it lived it's life as a commuter car and garage queen in the past, I may have been the only one to finally wake things up in my car.

ST AWD with the 2.3 ecoboost would be amazing. That's 100+ awhp than an STi! Blasphemy, I know but kinda wish they made an AWD Ecoboost Mustang GT...
Old 09-26-2015, 11:17 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
That sucks. Must have been on it's way out anyways for such a low price you got it for. I still drive mine around but considering it lived it's life as a commuter car and garage queen in the past, I may have been the only one to finally wake things up in my car.

ST AWD with the 2.3 ecoboost would be amazing. That's 100+ awhp than an STi! Blasphemy, I know but kinda wish they made an AWD Ecoboost Mustang GT...
The guy that bought it texted me this week. He said he fixed everything, installed a bigger stall, and went 7.87 through the 1/8th on a 1.69 60'. Not bad! I went 8.1 leaving at full stall/power..so I guess it was really needing more stall.

Man, I don't think the Mustang needs AWD. Greddy was telling me recently that Livernois has already gone 11s in their 2.3. And now they're really stepping it up. Talking 10s!
Old 09-27-2015, 12:57 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

They are doing great things with the little motor. Ford has already came out with a tune for the Ecoboost Mustang to bring it up to RS levels so the 4 banger Mustang community doesn't revolt over the RS having more power. I run the fast list over on Mustang6G and they already have a bolt on car in the 11s so they are doing good things with the 2.3! Couple that with AWD and watch out.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:53 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Maybe Subaru, VW, and Mitsubishi will step it up on their AWD offerings now. They better start doing something to justify their $30-40k price tags.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:30 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

The guy that bought it texted me this week. He said he fixed everything, installed a bigger stall, and went 7.87 through the 1/8th on a 1.69 60'. Not bad! I went 8.1 leaving at full stall/power..so I guess it was really needing more stall.

Man, I don't think the Mustang needs AWD. Greddy was telling me recently that Livernois has already gone 11s in their 2.3. And now they're really stepping it up. Talking 10s!
Honestly, been thinking of selling my Z as well. Thought about just parking it and making a project out of it, but not completely sure just yet.

I am suprised the trans blew on yours. I thought it was a fully prepped trans? launch anything hard enough and I guess anything can break. 2100 stall did sound low to begin with, I can see that's what's all it needed to really launch!

Would be nice for a street car (AWD), I remember making near 500whp when I sold my 08 Mustang GT Vortech @10 psi and 4.10's. Maybe drag radials would have helped some but even then, the car would still useless in the rain.

Though non-of my Charger's were quicker than 12.0 in the 1/4, on the street and light to light those launches were pretty intense. Too bad they also drank fuel like water and weighed as much as a tank lol

Maybe it's just me, but I have been getting away more and more from newer cars and getting into older ones to both restore and rebuild.

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
They are doing great things with the little motor. Ford has already came out with a tune for the Ecoboost Mustang to bring it up to RS levels so the 4 banger Mustang community doesn't revolt over the RS having more power. I run the fast list over on Mustang6G and they already have a bolt on car in the 11s so they are doing good things with the 2.3! Couple that with AWD and watch out.
I like the SHO but I feel like they need to make it either a little sportier and less sedan looking in the AWD that they do have. The ST/RS AWD would beat the living crap out of the other Sport Compact cars if done right. Seems like that market died out since the mid 2000's after the STi, Evo's and SRT-4's began to either disappear or "revolutionize" to comfort sedans instead of Rally sedans like they're supposed to be.

Maybe Subaru, VW, and Mitsubishi will step it up on their AWD offerings now. They better start doing something to justify their $30-40k price tags.
They're nice cars, they're just not what they used to be. They're stuffed so many gadgets and junk in their cars.. they're no longer just for sheer speed anymore. STI limited edition and EVO 8 RS come to mind. Bare bones editions.
Now everything has blind side mirror detectors, back up cameras, self parking, Navigation, puddle lights the list goes on and on.. not really into all that jazz. Maybe having to do a couple hundred recalls and Warranty work at dealerships has changed my tune lol.. more often than not, through the years all that stuff is just gonna break and leave you stranded somewhere due to an open in the circuit and it'll zap the battery dry without you knowing.. or create a fire lol

Similar situation where I get a Pontiac or Mitsubishi from the mid 80-90's with all the "state of the art technology" and I got to go in and fix whatever's wrong and source parts out.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:35 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Sorry, didn't mean to thread jack..

I heard those ST's have some sort of of torque biasing technology so that it controls most of the torque steer? I seen a show on the RS model I think. The system applies the brakes mildly as well as working in conjunction with the ABS system etc.

Leno had one on his Youtube channel, and to his surprise, torque steer was very minimal in the 425hp verson from Europe.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:14 PM
Explosive

Got some solid street action in mine tonight, did quite well against a friend in his st w/tune and downpipe.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:09 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

How close was it? Assuming it was pretty neck and neck...
Old 09-27-2015, 08:13 PM
Explosive

closer than i ever expected. video is up

Quick Reply: Focus ST in my garage.