The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Need to get myself to the track !

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Explosive

Default Need to get myself to the track !

Finally getting my car tuned after forever. NA tune is 95% done, we've got the trans where i want it which i love out of the other 3 guys who have tuned it before now it holds gear and is super responsive to tip in and downshifts quickly etc. I've gotta work on the suspension a little, on motor foot braking it with a small burnout, these are 26" ET Street R's - Really curious to see what it runs on motor.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:42 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Oh **** it's getting real now. Get to the track son!!!
Old 07-07-2016, 08:10 AM
Explosive

If the weather plays nice i could maybe get out this following Wednesday but we'll see. I'm more worried about getting it to hook on the street as I'll be racing in roadkill nights this year which is an 1/8th mile street event. I had 30psi in these in the video so I'll be airing down and trying some more. Once my tuner reviews my data logs and gives me the green light I'll hit it with a 50 shot to start and work up to the 100 shot.

I have absolutey no idea what I'm gonna run lol

http://www.roadkill.com/events/roadk...ac-mi-8192016/
Old 07-11-2016, 08:18 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

15.2 @ 87 mph.......

This way you'll be really impressed when you pull your low 12.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Explosive

Low 12's on motor aint going to happen lol. If i saw 12.50's i'd be quite impressed lol. Hopefully start spraying soon.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:32 PM
Explosive

So weird thing tonight, went back out to try and dial the tires in and get a couple more data logs. I'm on my NA tune, hook up my laptop, drop 5lbs out of my tires (25lbs now) go out, make some footbrake launches. Almost perfect, could probably loose just another couple lbs of air, a little spin then it just grabs and go. Was able to repeat that so i was happy. Now i load my n20 file, less timing, runs fatter verified on my wideband. The car just blows the damn tires off i dont get it. Thought maybe its just that road as it was the same as before. Tried like 3 roads. Not spinning as crazy as before but still like 2 car lengths out before it hooks. I'll try 20lbs next but i cant figure out why my n20 tune is doing that and the na file doesnt...
Old 07-12-2016, 07:33 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

That does seem odd, less timing and extra fuel shouldn't make more power down at launch rpm.

But obviously she liked it, makes you wonder now on your NA tune lol.

Low 12's easy now.....
Old 07-12-2016, 08:06 AM
Explosive

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch

But obviously she liked it, makes you wonder now on your NA tune lol.
I know, i was scratching my head like wtf. Emailed my tuner asking if hes ever seen cars like the n20 file more. If they wernt calling for rain tomorrow id probably go to the track and make a few passes on each just out of curiosity. He did mention hes seen cars loose as little as 5whp on nitrous tune, butt dyno says i gained 20 lol
Old 10-29-2016, 08:18 AM
Explosive

Heading out to the track in about an hour, little bummed we got a bunch of wind from the south which brought in warm air, i was hoping for temps in the 40s. DA at the track right now is 937ft which i'd take, hopefully doesnt go up much as the day goes on.

Armed with a 50 shot today, going to make sure to run both NA and N02 tunes on motor as well to see the difference. I'll probably make my nitrous passes first.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:49 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Well ??? We're waiting............lol

Quick Reply: Need to get myself to the track !