Archive - Trades & Freebies If you are looking for a trade, or have something to get rid of, no money involved, post it here.

7" DVD Head Unit / Steeda CAI

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 05:04 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Default 7" DVD Head Unit / Steeda CAI

1st is my 7" in Dash DVD Unit. This unit is hooked up. It has all the bells and whistles except for navigation. It has a 7 inch motorized touchscreen display. It plays DVD's, DIVX, CD-R/RW/+/-, and MP3 cd's. It also has a front IPOD connection (cord included). Theres a USB flash drive port (where you can stream music right from your flash drive by plugging it into the front of the unit). One of my favorite feautures on this unit is the Bluetooth feature. You can tune your phone to the unit where your converstations actually come through your car speakers (microphone on the front of the unit). It obviously tunes AM and FM radio stations. I think 24 Presets for FM and 16 presets for AM. Also has a port for a rear backup camera but I never purchased one. All in all this was a nice unit and a definite upgrade from my stock shaker. I purchased this unit 6 months ago for $500.00. Money was tight and this was what the audio shop recommended being my $1200 Pioneer was out of my price range. now that I have some extra money, I want to spring for the Pioneer with the navigation! Might have my Garmin for sale soon too! =)
I'm Looking for $275.00 for this unit. Covers shipping and paypal fees.

Next is a Steeda CAI with the high flow elbow for the 2005-2009 Mustang GT. My opinion the best Cold Air Intake on the market. Great performance increase for the money. A lot of people end up using this with their superchargers if they ever get them. I ended up going Kenne Bell so I never got the chance to use it. Retails for $340.00 i'll let it go for $200.00 shipped and including paypal fees.

Might be willing to trade for: Roush Wing (looking for performance white but might be willing to paint) and a Billet Grille. Want the actual grille in a polished finish not an overlay.

Email with any questions....

Last edited by SD05GT; 03-11-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:29 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

I am pretty stereo stupid, so bear with me. Does this need the PAC, or whatever it is called to work? If so, are you including it at that price?

What brand is it? Got a model number by any chance?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:16 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

PAC? I don't know what that is, but it comes with the harness,box all manuals and cables. Everything I needed to install into my mustang. should be good to go. It's an unnamed OEM brand they put in cars from factory... All the name brands were pushing $1000 + at the local audio shops.

Last edited by SD05GT; 03-11-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

What brand is that head unit?
Old 03-14-2010, 10:43 AM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

UPDATE. Head unit is sold.... CAI still available.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:48 PM
cshelley999

I'm interested in the Steeda CAI if you still have it.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Yes intake is still available...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Lankers
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't buy anything from SD05GT guys. I bought the DVD player and it arrived busted and not working. Touchscreen didn't work, screen wouldn't move on it's own, remote had a gouge in it and didn't work. The warranty sticker had also been broken when I received which leads me to believe he's been inside it trying to fix this stuff, couldn't and pawned it off on me. Luckily I tested it before installing it in my car. I've sent him a pm reguarding this but apparently he doesn't give a rats *** that I bought a $250 brick. He has made posts since I sent the message so I know he's been on since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KibQdsZCmQ

That's a video of what it has done since I received it.

Last edited by Lankers; 04-05-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:08 AM
cshelley999

nevermind SD05GT. Thanks for the heads up Lankers but sorry you got ripped.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:42 AM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Finally talked with Lankers and am working with him to correct the problem. The unit was in perfect working condidtion when it left my hands. I had the unit professionally uninstalled and packaged and shipped by UPS. It must have gotten damaged in shipping. Told lankers shipping had insurance. He's filing a damage claim and hopefully insurance will cover his costs in full. If not, I told him I would pay the difference.

On my defense, I described the unit to the best of my knowledge. It worked perfectly when I had it uninstalled. I never claimed it had a warranty and the only reason the sticker was broken was because I had the installer check to see if GPS could be added to it. The pictures were taken the day he requested him which shows the unit worked properly when installed in my stang. Bottom line I feel bad and am going to cover the difference in what he paid and how much UPS will give him.

Quick Reply: 7" DVD Head Unit / Steeda CAI