Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Diablosport Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

Default Diablosport Problem

I have a 2004 GT and the DiabloSport Predator tuner that is for it. I bought the tuner new shortly after I got my car, installed the 93 octane tune with no problems and ran it for a long time. Just recently, I went to install the 87 octane tune hoping to save a little cash on gas and see how much of a difference was noticed. About half way through the tune, not excatly sure the percentage, I got a prompt saying something to the effect of the tune not being able to install, and to reboot the tuner. After that, I plugged the tuner into my OBD port, it went through all of the loading screens and what not, then says "The last tune did not finish. The original tune will now be restored." I clicked OK, it asked "Restore original backup now?" with the options "NO, Yes, and Force". I tried yes, followed the promts, and it said "Unable to restore original tune" and had me unplug and try again. I tried a few times with no luck. Any suggestions, guys?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

Does the car run?

If so, dont do anything yet.

if not, disconnect the battery for a minute, then reconnect it and plug the tool back in and try to restore the backup again.
If that does not work, give us a call with the tool powered up in the car please.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2010, 08:53 AM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

Cool I will give that a try. The car runs fine, and has run fine with no change to the performance since I originally tried to install 87 octane tune when this whole thing started. Thanks Mike, I will get back at ya after I try that.

Nik
Old 09-17-2010, 09:05 AM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

Nope, no luck doing that either, got the same exact results. What's the number to call?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:05 AM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

Nevermind, I see it in your sig now Mike. Calling in a few.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:10 AM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

Number in the sig didn't work
Old 09-17-2010, 09:24 AM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

Just got off the phone with a tech guy there named Mike M, might've been you, not sure. He said I need to get my computer reflashed, I already know the dealership is going to bend me over for it so I probably am going to end up sending it in to you, whenever I can afford to have my car out of commission for a few days.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

OK, cool deal.

Seems really odd though, like there is a communication issue inthe car somewhere.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:46 PM
sweger
3rd Gear Member

Yeah idk what the problem is. I also can't use the tool to read any codes or do anything at all. Kind of annoying b/c now I either have to pay a dealership to reflash my computer to stock or have my car down for the time it takes to get my computer reflashed by you guys.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:56 PM
booncrew

i just found out that i had a EEC-V AutoLogic 2001 chip in my car... I bought the car back in feb. of this year and have had to put money into it.. Not that I mind it was used. My question is when the dealership pulled it out today my car started to act up again spitting and sputtering at full throttle but if you ease into it it doesnt do it... Before i took it to the dealer ship it quit starting and the anti-theft light flashed none stop... what do i do to get my car back to normal back to performance????? If I try to put another performance chip in will it mess with my car?, I've read about the diablosport predator...is it what they say it is and will it help me... or am i going to have to take it back to the dealership and have them tune it back?...Help im a girl that is desperate for her car back!!!

Quick Reply: Diablosport Problem