Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Need help with a tune on a sct x3, 96 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 06:52 AM
90blacktsiawd

Default Need help with a tune on a sct x3, 96 cobra

I bought the car used and it came with an x3, o/r h pipe, catback, 255 lph fuel pump. The previous owner got the car custom tuned at a shop but it was having a mas problem i have since fixed so obviously the tune wasn't perfect though they did manage to pull out 20hp/20tq at the wheels extra . I was playing with the tuner for the first time yesterday and wanted to see if i could upload a canned tune for the time being till i can get back to a tuner and get it redone now that the car is running properly. In the process of trying to update the software on the tuner it told me to return the cars tune to stock, which i did, then update the software. I ended up screwing up the update process and had to have sct help me get the tuner functioning again. Big thanks to them for getting it done quickly but i'm now running on a stock tune and it's throwing some codes. 02, 02 heater, bank1/2 running lean and p1000 for the obd port.

Now i'm a noob to v8's and tuning them but i cant understand how the car could be running lean with it all stock on the intake side and fuel system short of the larger pump. It certainly isnt getting any better mpg now.

Is there anyone that can help me get a tune going now since i haven't been able to get a hold of the tuner to try and get the ones they did before emailed to me? I'm in real need of quick help here. This is my only car that i have to drive an hour a day to and from work and i'd really like to not damage anything by driving it on a tune that's throwing these sorts of codes.

TIA