Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Tuner Central
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!
Sponsored by Diablo Sport
Click Here

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
NewEdgeStang00
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001, Ford, Mustang GT
Default 4.10 gears tuning high revs

Hey all, I originally posted an issue in tech because I thought it was a mechanical issue. Now I believe it's actually an issue with the tune I got from BAMA/American Muscle.

2001 mustang gt auto

I just got a full rearend rebuild with 4.10s put in. When driving normally the car does not have any power from the start and I have to give it 3k revs for it to gain acceleration. It actually hangs in first gear and will not shift until 3k. I read that I can adjust the shift points but where is that possible? Is there a reason my acceleration is so bogged down? In comparison, my 2000 V6 accelerates faster from a start. Is there anything I can do in the tunes myself to fix this?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
NewEdgeStang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
NewEdgeStang00
2nd Gear Member

UPDATE: I put on a good 80 miles test driving the new 4.10's today with the tune. I haven't changed anything because I would to hear back from BAMA first and try the new tune they're sending me. But something strange happened somewhat consistently:

I would be going 50, then slowing down for a full right turn, my speedo reads that I dropped down to 10 mph as I turn. As I'm completing the turn I press the gas to accelerate but it feels like it's stuck in gear. Like my revs are up at 2k but I'm still travelling about 12 mph now, then there's a hard lurch and it accelerates a little. The best way I can describe how it feels is if you're starting from a stop in second gear and trying to accelerate.

Is this something I can fix myself or has to be a whole different tune from BAMA?
Both me and the BAMA rep thought it was strange that we are having this problem with a bone stock 01 GT with only a 4.10 gear swap.

Last edited by NewEdgeStang00; 03-28-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #3
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: Yes
SyNdicateZ

Damn bama fawked yo shyz up yo. Tis another reason I stick with DYNO tunes.

hope they fix your isssue Stat..

02 GT 5spd. 4.10 Geared, Accufab Plenum/70mm TB, K&N intake, Steeda Pullies, SLP Line-Lok, Flowmaster super 44 Catback, MAC Hi-Flo catted H-Pipe, Custom Dyno tuned W/ SCT Eliminator Chip,by Performance-Dyno.com Loudon, NH. Many other misc stuff not listed..
SyNdicateZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
NewEdgeStang00
2nd Gear Member

yeah I thought having a handheld tuner would be handy because I could adjust it myself, but it was kind of misleading because now I see that I can only slightly adjust around the parameters of the original tune. I don't think it will let me adjust the tunes fully unless SCT allows some sort of software that lets me do this.

2000 Mustang
2001 Mustang GT
2004 Mustang MaCh1
Old 04-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #5
BaltRavens
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1994 5.0 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyNdicateZ View Post
Damn bama fawked yo shyz up yo. Tis another reason I stick with DYNO tunes.

hope they fix your isssue Stat..
Same, but a friend uses bama and he has used it on 2 stangs without issue. I am having mine dyno'd tuned very soon.
BaltRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
Armystrongmach1
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004, Mustang, Mach 1

Canned tunes suck. Get it dyno tuned. My 03 GT is tuned from AM and it is running rich as hell. I am getting it dyno tuned like my MACH 1
ZEX Nitrous Kit 125 Wet Shot, Moser 4:10 gears, Aluminum Drive Shaft, Moser 28 Spline Axles, Kooks LTHs, Kooks o/r X-pipe, Summit Lowering Springs, JLT RAI, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Magnaflow Magnapacks Catbacks, RSI, Drag Star Wheels 17x4.5 Front/15x10 Rear(275/50/15MT ET Drag Radials), NA and Nitrous: 314hp/320tq
Nitrous: 418hp/485tq
Armystrongmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:52 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
01, 2001, 410, 410s, aode, diablo, gears, gt, high, issues, mustang, points, shift, shifting, stock, tuner