Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Please help sct issue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 05:21 PM
miller89
2nd Gear Member

Default Please help sct issue!!!

Ok so I know people have posted about it before but mine is a bit different. So i go to install my race tune and it tells me failed to download and return it to stock and my cars lights and everything goes nuts, luckily it lets me put it back to stock. So I drive about 100 miles to Denver and back, and just now against my better judgement I decided to try to install a different tune, my performance tune. And it installs any everything goes well, however after i install it and try to rev the engine a bit it seems as if its about to die. My my question is, on the tune I have an off road x pipe and jlt intake it was 87 octane. However on my car I do not have the x pipe or intake installed and I have 91 octane in the tank... Could this cause my car to want to stall ?? I since switched it back to stock and it seems to run ok. Any input would be greatly greatly appreciated
Old 09-29-2012, 05:34 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Why would you throw a tune for mods you don't even have?.. Your car was probably freaking out with way too much fuel (rich) trying to compensate for no cats and an intake that's not even there.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:44 PM
miller89
2nd Gear Member

I have the x pipe waiting to install which was my original Intent earlier when i tried the race tune. The intake is on the way. I tried to install it only to see if it would give me the same trouble of not downloading. I didn't plan on running it like that.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:04 AM
miller89
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Why would you throw a tune for mods you don't even have?.. Your car was probably freaking out with way too much fuel (rich) trying to compensate for no cats and an intake that's not even there.
Would the car running rich have a different smell as well? I'm not sure if it was just me freaking out and being paranoid or if there was actually a smell coming from the motor.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:06 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by miller89
Would the car running rich have a different smell as well? I'm not sure if it was just me freaking out and being paranoid or if there was actually a smell coming from the motor.
What did it smell like?.. Fuel or stong exhaust fumes?..
Old 09-30-2012, 04:27 PM
miller89
2nd Gear Member

In all honesty it didn't smell like either. Maybe like a rubber or plastic smells
Old 10-01-2012, 10:35 AM
miller89
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
What did it smell like?.. Fuel or stong exhaust fumes?..
Ok now to further my paranoia. This morning I go to start my car and it starts then looks as if its about to die then I hear a loud pop so i immediately shut it off. Then i give it a minute and start it back up and it goes just fine, i drove it to work and started it up a few times and its been good since. If something was wrong with cylinder #8 would it be obvious?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

As mentioned, loading a tune for a CAI that is not installed will result in a car that runs terribly....don;t do that

If you still have the tune in the car now, put it back to stock!

If it is acting up with the stock tune, you may have a new/other issue.

Why would you think there is something wrong with cylinder 8?
Old 10-01-2012, 03:16 PM
miller89
2nd Gear Member

Oh I understand completely, its back to stock. The only reason I was mentioning the number 8 cylinder is because of everybody saying oh the tuner is messing up cylinder 8 and me bein paranoid bought into the hype. And my car is brand new so that gives me an extra bit of being worried. But I've been driving it today and all seems fine.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:45 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Haha, I think you might just be a little paranoid to be honest and could be smelling something that's not really there.. I know I get like that once in awhile when I feel something isn't right I start freaking out, especially because of the blower.. It could have been a cold morning causing a little bit of a hard time or anything really.. You'll know if you have a number 8 issue..

Quick Reply: Please help sct issue!!!