Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Anyone have the SCT iTSX Wireless Tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:50 PM
HorsePower99
1st Gear Member

Default Anyone have the SCT iTSX Wireless Tuner?

I'm planning on getting a tuner along with a lot of other stuff in the pretty near future. Easy way to get the speedometer and odometer right with different wheels and gears plus the other advantages of a tuner. Has anyone used the SCT iTSX wireless tuner like they have on American Muscle?

There are pretty mixed reviews on AM about it and a lot of people complain about glitches and things like that. I figure those things might get better with updates, but I'm also always a little cautious about buying something getting reviews like that. So if anyone has this or has used it and could give me your opinion on it, that'd be great. I have an iPad and an iPhone and love all my Apple products to death, so I was super excited when I saw this tuner.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

The iTsX is an awesome tuner to mess around with, especially if you own an IPad. I've gotten a chance to mess with one on our '11 GT. Being able to test your 0-60mph and quarter mile times is a lot of fun, let alone all the other parameters you can mess with.

Of course, this tuner isn't for everyone. Some people look for something that is more simple to just upload their custom tunes and be done. Also, as any Apple product, SCT does come out with updates for fix and small glitches that rarely come about. So, if there is any sort of small glitch, you know you won't be stuck with it!

Hopefully some other members can comment with their experience too. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shane
Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

HorsePower99, I have the SCT iTSX and may have been one of the first on here to get it. I do not recommend it but it is cool. Mine has had a glitch where I couldn't update the bluetooth adapter until I returned the vehicle to stock and the iTSX app wouldn't let me return to stock until the bluetooth adapter was updated. After a few days with SCT we did get it worked out but I have heard of and know personally of cases where SCT devices glitched and erased the entire PCM and required a dealership reflash, which SCT won't pay for and says isn't their fault even though it was caused by their rebuilt file.

While SCT has the advantage of being bluetooth/wireless, Diablo also has an iOS tuner, I-1000. I have not heard of any Diablo tuners having the issues SCT has. Ask Shane or other AM staff for the MF discount code and save money by ordering through AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Det.FrankBullitt
1st Gear Member

I would stay away from any wireless tuner. Having worked in the telecommunications business for 35 years, I can tell you that anything wireless is subject to interference from all kinds of things all the time. I sure don't want to be flashing my computer with a new tune and have airplane fly over and screw it up. Let me give you a example of some things that can and do disrupt wireless devices all the time, Sunspots, other cell phones, any near by WiFi device, CB radios, a cars alternator, and the list goes on and on. Trust me you want a good solid Hard Wire connection between your tuner and your car's computer. I have a I phone get yourself the Dynolicious App. It gives your ET times , HP, G forces and a lot of other stuff. Save your money and get a good non Wireless Tuner.