Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Car Already has a tune..Cant over ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 11:10 AM
GS81VETT

Angry Car Already has a tune..Cant over ride

Ok guys I have only had my 2006 GT for about three months. So far I love her but the rear end bearings are going so for the price of getting the bearings replaced I was able to get an complete axel set with upgrading to 3:73 gears. So I will need to reprogram the car. It already has 17" rims instead of the stock 18. My guess is the previous owner wanted a bit more out of the hole power and did not want to put a new set of gears in.

Anyway after paying to get my Trinity unmarried I find the car HAS A TUNE and the tool will not back it up so it will also not put on a tune.

Diablo was helpful and said I would have to take her to Ford to have the ECU put to stock or send it to them (Diablo Sport) I wanted to see if anyone has had this issue and found another solution? I doubt it but thought I would reach out..

Thanks

G
Old 09-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

Thats a bummer.
Unfortunately the only fix to get the Trinity working is going to be a flash with an OEM file. It doesnt have to be a Ford dealership, if you can find a local repair shop that has flash capabilities and anIDS subscription, they should be able to take care of it.

Even the dealer will usually only charge min rate, an hour labor, to do the job. Just make sure they actually flash it and don't just check to make sure the calibrations are current

And lastly, if its not a DD and you would rather avoid the dealer, just send the PCM to us and we'll flash it and you'll just pay for shipping.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2014, 09:59 AM
GS81VETT

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
Thats a bummer.
Unfortunately the only fix to get the Trinity working is going to be a flash with an OEM file. It doesnt have to be a Ford dealership, if you can find a local repair shop that has flash capabilities and anIDS subscription, they should be able to take care of it.

Even the dealer will usually only charge min rate, an hour labor, to do the job. Just make sure they actually flash it and don't just check to make sure the calibrations are current

And lastly, if its not a DD and you would rather avoid the dealer, just send the PCM to us and we'll flash it and you'll just pay for shipping.

Thanks
It is a DD but I have another car I could use for a day or so. Sending it to you guys would be my best move. The other Mike I talked to on your support team suggested I send in my tool as well in case it needs repair but it is not likely. Thanks for your help your team is really great and helpful.

George
Old 09-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GS81VETT
It is a DD but I have another car I could use for a day or so. Sending it to you guys would be my best move. The other Mike I talked to on your support team suggested I send in my tool as well in case it needs repair but it is not likely. Thanks for your help your team is really great and helpful.

George
Good deal.
Fill out the return authorization form on our site under support, and we'll issue an RMA# to get it all sent in.

Thanks