Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

sct problems after tune

Old 03-03-2015, 01:24 PM
09blackmamba
1st Gear Member

Default sct problems after tune

Does anybody have any advice on how to fix this or come across this before?

I have a 2009 v6 with sct bama tunes. After I change tunes the car goes crazy (1000-3000 rpm surges) when you are moving and put it in neutral (it's a manual) while still coasting

But when you come to a stop it idles fine. It even does it after you return it to stock but only occurs after you change tunes. It does eventually go away after about 10 miles of driving its not a big deal its just frustrating as you can all imagine.

Car only has 35k miles and I cleaned the tb and just put a new tb motor on it today and still having issues.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:06 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 09blackmamba
Does anybody have any advice on how to fix this or come across this before?

I have a 2009 v6 with sct bama tunes. After I change tunes the car goes crazy (1000-3000 rpm surges) when you are moving and put it in neutral (it's a manual) while still coasting

But when you come to a stop it idles fine. It even does it after you return it to stock but only occurs after you change tunes. It does eventually go away after about 10 miles of driving its not a big deal its just frustrating as you can all imagine.

Car only has 35k miles and I cleaned the tb and just put a new tb motor on it today and still having issues.
hey 09blackmamba! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with but right off the bat I would head back out to your Pony and double check the TB Motor. I went through an awful trail and error process with one on my '08 Bullitt and they can truly be problematic.

If you're still seeing issues and they're persisting shoot Bama a call directly and they're happy to help trouble-shoot this with you! Having been around here for 4 years now I've seen and heard many issues stemming from the TB and speaking from personal experience I know they're a pain! Rest easy though, Bam's tech support is here to help you so just let them know! They can be reached directly at 888.226.9764!

Keep me in the loop so I know all is well!

Alex
Old 03-06-2015, 08:05 AM
09blackmamba
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
hey 09blackmamba! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with but right off the bat I would head back out to your Pony and double check the TB Motor. I went through an awful trail and error process with one on my '08 Bullitt and they can truly be problematic.

If you're still seeing issues and they're persisting shoot Bama a call directly and they're happy to help trouble-shoot this with you! Having been around here for 4 years now I've seen and heard many issues stemming from the TB and speaking from personal experience I know they're a pain! Rest easy though, Bam's tech support is here to help you so just let them know! They can be reached directly at 888.226.9764!

Keep me in the loop so I know all is well!

Alex

Thanks for the reply alex, the throttle body on it is a BBK one and I also hAve put the original one back on and still ha e the same issue.

And I have reached out to bama a few times and we've had no luck figuring it out.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:37 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the reply alex, the throttle body on it is a BBK one and I also hAve put the original one back on and still ha e the same issue.

And I have reached out to bama a few times and we've had no luck figuring it out.
Hey 09blackmamba - Thanks for letting me know. Are you seeing the issues persisting when you're to set the vehicle back to stock as well? Let me know how else I can help here!

Alex
Old 03-29-2015, 09:04 PM
09blackmamba
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey 09blackmamba - Thanks for letting me know. Are you seeing the issues persisting when you're to set the vehicle back to stock as well? Let me know how else I can help here!

Alex
Yes the problem only happens after the car is flashed. So I'm stuck in the middle of when I take it to a dealer or shop they tell me if it only happens after tuning to call t he tuning company and then telling AM and them saying it's the car
Old 04-01-2015, 01:03 PM
09blackmamba
1st Gear Member

Bump.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

The dealer won't touch the tune since it's aftermarket. They'll tell you to put it back to stock, if the problem goes away, it's the tune, if it persists, then it's not the tune but something else...

I agree with that line of thinking (it's logical).

What other mods are done to the car that require tuning?

You may end up having to do a data log and sending the file to AM to have them figure out what's going on.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
The dealer won't touch the tune since it's aftermarket. They'll tell you to put it back to stock, if the problem goes away, it's the tune, if it persists, then it's not the tune but something else...

I agree with that line of thinking (it's logical).

What other mods are done to the car that require tuning?

You may end up having to do a data log and sending the file to AM to have them figure out what's going on.
Dude I hope you get this fixed , Data logging is very time consuming, but I hope in the end , they can fix your prob
Old 04-05-2015, 06:24 AM
09blackmamba
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys, yeah American muscle hazs mentioned data logging before, but from what I've read the times they want me to log won't show then any thing as the problem only happens when slowing down in neutral with clutch pedal released
Old 06-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys, yeah American muscle hazs mentioned data logging before, but from what I've read the times they want me to log won't show then any thing as the problem only happens when slowing down in neutral with clutch pedal released
They will download a data log into your BAMA, then youll plug it into your car and drive it like 5-miles and then send them your data log. they will read it and hopefully find out whats wrong-- good luck