Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

HP Tuners- Anyone here using it?

Old 04-12-2015, 08:01 PM
kirk35
1st Gear Member

Default HP Tuners- Anyone here using it?

I was wondering if anyone here was using HP Tuners to tune their car? Or any other software? I know SCT is the big player, but since HP Tuners has increased their Ford support and the cost is a fraction of SCT, I'll stick with HPT (I already own the software). I searched and it seems almost everyone uses the mail order tunes.

I'm about to order a few Ford credits and start tuning for a 150 shot.

I have an SCT X4 handheld that I ordered with my Steeda CAI, but now that I'm planning on more mods it's time to ditch the canned tunes. So keep your eyes on the classifieds for a lightly used SCT X4.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:42 PM
kirk35
1st Gear Member

C'mon, nobody here tunes their own car???
Old 04-16-2015, 11:46 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

IMO, coyote tuning is not for everyone....as these cars get more and more complicated it will likely be less popular to see people tuning them in their driveway.

Tons of guys doing their own EEC tuning for example, because well, its much simpler than the new torque based stuff coming our of the OEM's these days.
Too easy to get in trouble when tuning these cars
Old 04-17-2015, 06:29 PM
kirk35
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
IMO, coyote tuning is not for everyone....as these cars get more and more complicated it will likely be less popular to see people tuning them in their driveway.

Tons of guys doing their own EEC tuning for example, because well, its much simpler than the new torque based stuff coming our of the OEM's these days.
Too easy to get in trouble when tuning these cars
You're probably right, but with all the people on the HPT forum tuning the new 5.0 I thought there would at least be a few here.

Search this Thread